Chapter Thirteen - Hunter

Kissing her hard, my tongue explored her perfect mouth, unable to get enough.  She's like my own personal drug, her scent, taste, touch, hell even her voice. Without a doubt I'm addicted.

I should have stopped, before it got out of hand. Who was I kidding, it was already out of my control.

Fuckin' hell.

I wanted her. My wolf wanted her and my dick, well he was telling me he'd waited long enough already as he throbbed with want, about to explode. The decision was made. I couldn't stop.

She rose on her tiptoes, fingers tracing up each arm, her touch like a lit match burning as they moved upwards across my skin.

In the back of my mind I was scared that once we'd done this, there would be no turning back. My life's gonna change, and it scared me beyond what I was willing to acknowledge. She's the first woman to make me want things, and I wasn't even sure I was ready for that.

Is she ready for that? Does she want me the same way?

Pushing those nagging doubts out my head, my hands wandered over her waist, down further over her thighs, lifting her dress with my fingers. My hands touching her smooth bare skin, she's so hot to the touch as I pulled her closer, moving them around to her arse. My hand glided over soft material of her lacy underwear, they restricted direct skin contact.  I slipped my fingers under. 

She squeezed my arms but I didn't stop kissing her, pulling her against me, harder as the full force of my dick was pressing into her. Another onslaught of blood rushed towards my dick; he's pounding. Fuck me, at this rate I would come in my pants.

Pulling my head back, nipping her lip before I let go. We were both breathing hard, staring, but I didn't let go of her arse, it fitted perfectly in my hands. 

Her cheeks were flushed pink and her lips swollen from my onslaught. "You're gonna have to say the words Sage, because everything I'm feeling right this minute is telling me, you want me."

There I'd said it. She's said nothing, just stared, as if deep in thought. A niggling doubt crept in my head.

What the fuck? I'd never been wrong before. Was I wrong about this? Did she not feel the same?

My heart picked up a beat and a prickle of sweat ran along the back of my hairline. Why the fuck wasn't she saying anything? 

More doubt seeped in, and I swore my wolf was laughing, probably payback for not letting him bite her earlier.

She doesn't want you mate! The thought terrified me. 

Swallowing hard. First time for everything, I guess? The feeling that shot down through my gut down into my balls was something I'd never felt before – Rejection. And it sure as shit didn't feel good. 

My stomach churned and I was about to beg her, when I saw a slow smile cross those heavenly lips of hers.  "So sure of yourself aren't you Hunter?"

With everybody, apart from you Sage. "Tell me you don't want me, and I'll step away," was what I said. Cocky bastard. Thank fuck she couldn't read my thoughts!

"Where?" is what she asked in that fucking beautiful French accent of hers.

I blinked. Stupidly answering before my brain caught up. "Where what?"

Another flush decorated her cheeks, it's a darker shade of pink and it was fucking adorable to see.  "Don't answer that."  I grabbed her hand as she stood to the side as I opened the door.