Chapter 9: Capture and Realization final

A/n continuing from previous chapter

[Timeskip - no one's PoV]

It had been a few hours since me and Zero started our scouting mission and it's been quiet, almost as if you could hear a pen drop. And Zero's occasional glances at me weren't helping in the least. "I'm only gonna say this once. Stop watching me, whatever your planning leave me alone." Y/n said catching her off guard. "W-What now!" Zero said trying to act like she starting at him. "Why would I be looking at you?! You are not worth my time!" Zero yelled. "You aren't fooling anyone bitch." "I wonder if you talk to your mom with that mouth?" Y/n's body tensed up at the mention of his mother. "S... Up... "What that Mama's boy." Zero said as she continued to laugh. "I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Zero flinched a bit at the sudden change in Y/n's voice. Sure they've yelled at each other before but this time his voice had a more demonic tone to it but that didn't stop her from continuing to throw insults at his family. "Haha throwing a tantrum over something as small as that I wonder if your daddy up and left when he saw how much of a crybaby you were." Y/n dashed at Zero swinging his fist hitting Zero square in the face, busting her lip. "I won't tell you again. Don't you ever mention my family at all." Zero spit some blood out of her mouth before staring at Y/n with rage in her eyes. "Your fucking dead you weak sack of shit!"

[Y/n PoV]

Zero quickly reeled back her hammer slamming it into my chest, sending me flying into a tree as I coughed up blood. 'Damn, I forgot how strong these guys are...' My body collapsed against the tree as I was struggling to get up. Zero puts a foot on my chest holding me in place as she raises her hammer above her head. 'This is it. This is how I die, alone. Death by some psycho killer with a grudge...' I looked up at Zero noticing her psychic smile wasn't as wide from earlier, she had a sad look in her eye as she stood there her arms shaking as if she was having second thoughts. "What? Killer having a change of heart, that's a first." I said coughing up blood. Zero stared at him baffled that i haven't needed for my life yet.

Zero returned her weapon to her side as a frown appeared on her face before asking me a question. "Why aren't you scared? You should be begging for your life now..." I glared at Zero unnerved.

"You don't know the first thing about me. All you've ever did has been insult me since I got here." I took a deep breath as my left lung started to fill with blood. "Ever since the day we met you've had it out for me and you most certainly are not the first one that wants me dead and definitely won't be the last..."

I used what little strength I had to shove Zero's foot off my chest. I gripped the tree behind me and used it as leverage to pick myself up off the ground.

"W-Why won't you die already?!" Zero screamed as she took a step back.

I forced my legs to carry me despite them being exhausted. I grabbed Zero by her short and crashed my head into hers, causing her to stagger backwards as she helds her nose to keep her blood from spilling.

"It's going to take a lot more than some psycho killer with a grudge to kill me." I turned at limped away. "I just want this day to be over with already." Zero watched before following behind, and she's been silent ever since.

[Timeskip brought to you by the author being a lazy fuck]

It's been a few hours and surprisingly my wounds have already healed, though I never understood how but I never told anyone about my rapid healing ability since I dont know to much about it myself, with some greedy power-hunger bastards out there in the world now, who know what they might try and do with me and this power.

I came to a stop as I heard the sounds of sticks breaking and bushes rustling close by, I quickly reached for my tonfas, Zero noticed this and grabbed her hammer. We both hid concealing our presence as two figures merged from the shadows, Two girls, one of average height and the other couldn't have been between 4 to 7 years old and the aura they gave off was very demonic. 'Who are these two? And where did they come from?'