Part 16

Part 16
This tells why Jimin and his dad aren't so close anymore. And more about Jimin himself. And this is a lengthy one so get comfortable. :)

*——————————————-——-*

JIMIN
(14 years old)
It was the last week of summer break. It was almost time for me to start 8th grade. I only just had moved from Busan and didn't know anyone. So it felt nice to finally get a fresh start in a new school.

As movers brought in all of our furniture and big boxes, I went exploring around the neighborhood.
There wasn't much. It was really small and reserved on this side of the town. I went around the corner and behind my house to see the backyard. It was surprisingly really large.

It looked really old with really tall grass, an old metal fence blocking off the neighbors, and a stone path leading from my back door. And not only that but a big treehouse in my neighbors yard.
I was in awe.

I ran back towards my house to tell my parents. Although I was a much older kid, stuff like this amazed me because I was such a city kid.
I ran towards my new kitchen where my mom was putting away the china in a cabinet.

"Mama, did you see?" I asked. My eyes where agape and sparkling.
"See what, sweetheart?" She asked facing me.
I pointed out of the back window and into the neighbors yard. There it still was. The treehouse.

"Look at it! Isn't it cool?!" I called. She smiled at me.
"It sure is sweety." She said, "Why don't you go see who's it is? You can get you a new friend."

I was intrigued yet nervous. I wasn't very talkative or attractive in the sense that I'd easily make a new friend. But I was ready to give it a shot. Speaking as though I didn't have many of those in Busan.
I looked at her worrisomely but took her advice and headed back outside. But through my back door.

I looked to my right and saw the treehouse once again. It still amazed me. I went closer to the fence and saw on the other side. Everything was much neater.
The grass was kept short, there was no over grow weeds on there fence like on ours, and there was a bunch of children's toys on there side. 

My gazing came to an abrupt stop when I saw three kids running outside. Two boys and a young girl.
One of the boys were much taller than the other but it seemed like they got along well.

When I saw them run out of the door I jumped down quick. I didn't want them to know I was staring into there yard.
"Did you see that?" One of the voices said.
"See what?" The other asked.
"There was some sort of animal on the fence. Lets play hunting!"
The boy ran over towards the fence. "H-Hey wait!" The other said.