Ch. 3 A child?

After Raphael introduced his family to Beaufort, the older gentleman turns his attention to Madame Giry, who was standing behind him. 

" Monsieur. Bernard and family! I would like for you to meet Madame Giry. She is the choreographer of the corps de ballet," Beaufort politely introduced Madame Giry to Raphael and his family. 

" Good morning, Monsieur. Bernard and family," Madame Giry curtseyed as she warmly smiled at Lucille and Adrien. 

" Madame Giry will show your wife and children around the Opera House while we men talk about our big project," Beaufort gently pats Raphael's back. 

Raphael kindly smiled at Madame Giry as he turns his gaze to Natalie. 

" Will you be alright with the children?" Raphael worriedly asked Natalie. 

" Papa! It's okay! I will help Mama Natalie change Adrien's diaper," Lucille reassures Raphael with a kind smile. 

Raphael affectionately pinched Lucille's cheek, which made her giggle. The older gentleman and Natalie shared a loving kiss as he tickles Adrien's tummy, which made the young male laugh as he walks into the Opera House with Beaufort. 

" Have you all eaten breakfast?" Madame Giry kindly asked Natalie and the children. 

At the mention of breakfast, Natalie and the children's stomach begin to growl, which made the older female amusedly stare at them.

" Follow me, please," Madame Giry turns around as Natalie and the children followed the older female to the Opera House. 

Inside, Lucille stared at her surroundings with an awed gaze since the decor looked something from a fairy tale. The blonde-haired female stayed close to Natalie, who is talking to Madame Giry as the two older females started to get to know each other. The young female blinked when she felt her head get kicked, and she lifts her gaze to see Adrien smiling at her. 

" Adrien. That hurt," Lucille adorably pouts as she tickles Adrien's tummy, which made the young male laugh. 

Madame Giry turns her attention to Lucille and Adrien as she kindly smiled at the two young children. 

" Your children are adorable, Madame Bernard," Madame Giry softly tells Natalie. 

" Thank you. Even though Lucille isn't biologically mine, I love her like she is my own," Natalie softly tells Madame Giry as Natalie warmly smiled at Lucille, who is gently holding Adrien's small hand. 

A few minutes later, Madame Giry, Natalie, and the children arrived at the kitchen where the head chef and his cooks prepared the small family, a delicious breakfast. 

" Thank you, Chef," Madame Giry politely nods her head as she and the others sat down. " Would you like me to hold your son for you while you eat?" The older female politely asked Natalie. 

" Is that alright with you?" Natalie worriedly asked Madame Giry. 

" I am a mother myself. I can also feed him some mash bananas and apples that one of the female cooks made for him," Madame Giry reassures Natalie. 

" Thank you," Natalie gently passed Adrien to Madame Giry. 

Adrien sits down on Madame Giry's lap as he stares at the older female with a curious gaze. Madame Giry's gaze softens as she stares at the young male, who has straight black hair like Natalie and sparkling blue eyes like Lucille and Raphael. 

" Here is your breakfast, My Lady," The Head Chef gently placed a plate of food in front of Lucille. 

" Thank you, Monsieur!" Lucille kindly smiled at the Head Chef as she grabs her fork, and she begins to eat her breakfast

Twenty minutes later, Lucille and her family finished eating breakfast. Once they got cleaned, Madame Giry tells the Bernard family that she will give them a proper tour of the Opera House. Natalie and Lucille turn to the Head Chef and Cooks as they politely curtseyed, thanking them for the delicious food as they walked out of the Kitchen with Madame Giry, who gently passed Adrien to Natalie.

Lucille walked beside Natalie as she curiously listened to Madame Giry telling her and her stepmother the history of Palais Garnier. As they walked through the many halls of the Opera House, the blonde-haired female stopped walking when she hears a beautiful melody coming from inside the small Chapel. 

' That melody,' Lucille internally tells herself as she enters the Chapel unbeknown to Madame Giry and Natalie. 

' It sounds so sad. Whoever is playing it must be feeling lonely,' Lucille frowned, feeling worried about the person who is playing the lovely yet sad melody. 

Lucille blinked when she sees a stained glass window of Michael, the Archangel, staring down at her. The blonde-haired female stared at the stained glass window with a curious gaze, feeling intrigued. 

' Whoever is playing that beautiful melody, I hope they do not mind me being friends with them?' Lucille curiously asked herself as she walks up to the stained glass window. 

" Monsieur. Michael, my Mama, has told me before that if I have a question to speak to you since you can give me an answer," Lucille innocently stared at the stained glass window of Michael, the Archangel. 

" I was wondering if there is a way for me to find this person that is playing this beautiful yet sad melody? The way they are playing this piece makes me think that they are lonely and want to have a friend," Lucille softly asked the stained glass window as she gently placed her right hand on it. 

Lucille stays quiet as she slowly leans towards the stained glass window to kiss it. But her eyes widened in surprise when she felt the stained glass window move, which caused her to fall into a large hole since the light source that was coming from it was across from the stained glass window. 

" Kyaa!" Lucille screamed in fright as she closed her eyes, feeling scared that she's going to die.  

Underground, Erik is pouring his emotions into the piano as he still wonders why he was born with a cursed face. The dark-haired male stopped playing when he hears a splash coming from behind him. The young male immediately stood up when he sees a young female struggling to swim.  

' A child?' Erik asked, sounding surprised to see the young female. ' By the looks of it, the child doesn't know to swim,' The dark-haired male worriedly tells himself as his eyes widened in horror when he sees the young female begin to sink into the cold water. 

Instinctively, Erik runs down the small stairs to the dock as he jumps into the water, and he used all of his strength and speed to swim towards the young female.

Lucille felt her body get heavy as she looked straight to see a dark-haired male dive into the water. But, what grabbed the blonde-haired female's attention was his face. The young female immediately noticed that half of his face looked disfigured while the other half looks angelic. 

' Mama. Is this man an angel you sent to save me?' Lucille curiously asked herself as she remembers her biological mother telling her stories that angels can change their form to look the most beautiful, or to look the most bizarre. 

Lucille held her hands out to the young male as her vision gets heavy, and she faints due to exhaustion from splashing around.