Ch. 18 Happy New Year!

Once Lucille finished singing, everyone applauded, which made the blonde-haired female smile. The young female turns her gaze to Erik, who also clapped, feeling proud of the ten-year-old. Lucille blinks when she hears her name, and she turns to see Raphael and Natalie waving at her. The blonde-haired female runs down the stairs as she hugs her parents happily. 

" Did you like the song I sang for you?" Lucille happily asked Raphael and Natalie. 

" It was beautiful, Lucille," Natalie warmly smiled at her stepdaughter. 

" How long have you been singing?" Raphael curiously asked his daughter. 

Lucille shyly plays with a piece of her dress. 

" For a while," Lucille softly tells Raphael. 

" You do not like me singing?" Lucille sadly asked Raphael. 

Raphael blushes when he sees Lucille giving him a sad puppy dog gaze. The blonde-haired male sighed as he fondly smiled at the blonde-haired female. 

" I love your singing. When you sang, it reminded me of your mother," Raphael softly tells Lucille. 

Lucille brightly smiled when she hears that her singing voice is like her mother's. 

Natalie opened her mouth to say something, but she stopped when she sees Erik standing nearby while glancing at Lucille every so often. The black-haired female giggle, finding the younger male's crush on her stepdaughter quite adorable. The older female turns her gaze to Raphael. 

" Let's continue dancing, Love," Natalie hugs Raphael's arm. 

" You are not tired?" Raphael worriedly asked Natalie. 

" No. The party has just begun," Natalie giggled as she drags Raphael to the dancefloor. " Continue having fun, Sweetheart!" The black-haired female shouts as she waves goodbye to Lucille. 

Lucille stood there, feeling confused, and she blinks when she sees a red rose with no thorns in front of her. The blonde-haired female turns her gaze to the right, and she kindly smiles when she sees Erik holding the rose out to her. 

" For you, My Little Angel," Erik warmly smiled at Lucille. 

" Thank you!" Lucille happily accepts the red rose. 

" What did you think of my performance?" Lucille excitedly asked Erik. 

" Magnificent," Erik fondly smiled at Lucille.  

" I overheard from Madame Giry that the fireworks would start soon," Erik tells Lucille. 

" Really! I want to see the fireworks," Lucille excitedly tells Erik. 

" I know where we can go to see the fireworks," Erik tells Lucille. " Would you like to go with me to see them?" The black-haired male politely asked the blonde-haired female.

" Yes!" Lucille happily smiled at Erik as she takes his hand in hers, and the two sneakily run out of the party, unaware that Matteo saw them. 

' Even though Lucille is leaving the party, I can tell that she will be alright since she seems to trust that boy,' Matteo internally tells himself as he sadly watched Lucille and Erik leave the party. 

Erik safely guides Lucille to the rooftop, and he takes his cloak off as he gently puts it on the blonde-haired female's shoulders so that the young female won't get cold. 

" The stars are so pretty!" Lucille points to the stars. 

Erik lifts his gaze to the night sky, and he softly smiled when he sees the sparkling stars. 

" Indeed. The stars are beautiful," Erik softly tells Lucille. 

Inside, everyone begins to count while Lucille and Erik quietly stared at the night sky, knowing that they will see some fireworks. 

" Happy New Year!" Everyone inside the Palais Garnier cheered as fireworks flew to the sky and exploded. 

" Waah!" Lucille's eyes sparkle when she sees the fireworks in the distance. 

Erik softly smiled when he sees the fireworks

Lucille turns her gaze to Erik when she remembers her stepmother always kissing her father on the cheek whenever the clock strikes twelve. 

" Erik!" Lucille calls out to Erik, which caused the black-haired male to look at her. 

" Yes?" Erik responds. 

Lucille grabs Erik's arm as she tiptoes, and she affectionately kissed the black-haired male on the cheek. 

" Happy New Year," Lucille giggles. 

Erik stared at Lucille with a mixture of emotions because the black-haired male did not expect the blonde-haired female to kiss him on the cheek. 

" I hope we continue being the best of friends!" Lucille happily tells Erik. 

" Same here," Erik softly tells Lucille, feeling happy to have the blonde-haired female in his life.