Ch. 14 Why am I an angel?

Lucille safely arrives at the alleyway, and she smiled in relief when she sees Erik in the shadows leaning against the sewer's door. The blonde-haired female runs up to the black-haired male as she held the box of Macaron to the older male. 

" I got the box of Macaron. We can go home now," Lucille happily tells Erik. 

" Good," Erik warmly smiled at Lucille as the black-haired male takes the box of Macaron from the blonde-haired female's grasp. " Let's go. You must be starving," The young male takes the young female's hand in his as the two enter the sewers, and they immediately head straight to the Opera House. 

At the Opera House, Erik safely guides Lucille's to Madame Giry's home through a different passageway, which caused the blonde-haired female to stare at the black-haired male in confusion. 

" Madame Giry asked me to watch over her home for her while she goes to drop her child off at her sister's place," Erik explains to Lucille as he placed the box of Marcaron on the table. 

Lucille silently stared at Erik's back when she hears that Madame Giry is dropping Meg off at her relatives' place. The blonde-haired female stopped walking as she sadly at the floor, which caused the black-haired male to look at her. 

" Did Meg leave Palais Garnier because of me?" Lucille sadly asked Erik. 

Erik kneels in front of Lucille as his hands lightly grasped hers. 

" Lucille. Do not make yourself think it is your fault, okay," Erik softly yet firmly tells Lucille. " What Meg did to you was terrible," The black-haired male sternly stared at the blonde-haired female. 

Lucille's blue eyes sadly stared into Erik's icy blue eyes.

" Why does Meg hate me?" Lucille softly asked Erik. 

Erik lightly bites his lips as he stares at Lucille with a worrying gaze. 

" I thought she was my friend," Lucille begins to cry. 

Erik's heart breaks when he sees Lucille crying. 

Erik gently pulls Lucille to a hug as he lets the blonde-haired female cry on him. The black-haired male stayed quiet as he delicately brushed the young female's blonde hair with his gloved hand. 

" I d-do not know what I did to make M-Meg hate me?" Lucille sadly asked Erik as she cries.

Tears fell from Erik's eyes since the black-haired male can't help but blame himself for making Lucille cry. 

" Lucille. Do not cry. An angel such as yourself does not need to shed tears for the one that nearly killed you," Erik softly tells Lucille as he hugged her close to him. 

Lucille wrapped her arms around Erik's neck as she hides her face against his masked face where his disfigured face is hidden. 

" Why am I an angel?" Lucille softly asked Erik. 

" You are an angel because you showed love to a cursed monster that did not deserve to be loved," Erik sadly tells Lucille.

Lucille leans back as she pulls her arms away, which caused Erik to stare at the blonde-haired female in worry. 

" The one who is an angel is you," Lucille softly tells Erik as she takes his mask off, and she gently placed her hands on his regular and disfigured face. 

Erik closed his eyes as he lets Lucille touch his disfigured face. 

" I am sorry," Erik apologized to Lucille. 

" Because of me, that foolish little girl nearly killed you," Erik sadly tells Lucille. " Because of me, I almost lost the most important thing in my mundane life," The black-haired male lets go of Lucille, as he stands up, and he begins to cry. 

" A creature such as myself does not deserve to be in your life," Erik sadly looks away from Lucille. " If I accepted that girl's affection, you would not have gotten harmed," The black-haired male's hands tightened into fists.

Lucille did not understand what Erik is talking about, but the blonde-haired female can tell that the black-haired male is in pain. 

" Erik," Lucille calls out to Erik as she lightly takes the black-haired male's hand in hers, which caused the older male to look at her. 

" Can I sing you a song that my Mama used to sing to make me feel safe and loved?" Lucille politely asked Erik. 

Erik slowly nods his head to let Lucille know that he does not mind her singing.

Erik held his breath when he hears Lucille's kind, loving, singing voice making him feel safe. The black-haired male warmly smiled when he sees the blonde-haired female fondly staring at him as he falls to his knees, and he lets the young female hug him. The young male did not know why, but he could hear beautiful music playing around them as the ten-year-old sings to him.

' God must truly be real. If so, I now believe you sent Lucille into my life,' Erik tells himself as he begins to feel better thanks to Lucille's soothing voice. 

" How are you feeling?" Lucille worriedly asked Erik. 

" Much better. Thank you, My Little Angel," Erik takes Lucille's hand in his as he gently kisses it. 

" I am glad!" Lucille smiled in relief. 

" Now, let's go eat!" Lucille excitedly tells Erik, which caused the black-haired male to chuckle in amusement as he stands up, and he goes to the kitchen to make their lunch.