Ch. 11 I will never hate you

At the Opera House, Madame Giry leaves her home and heads towards the rehearsal room. The older female wanted to see how the older ballet dances are doing in preparation for their upcoming Spring Musical. Once Madame Giry enters the room, she raised an eyebrow when she sees Meg and her friends in their ballet uniforms. The older female looked at her surroundings as she frowns when she does not see Lucille. 

Earlier, Madame Giry received a letter from Raphael, informing her that the roads got closed off due to the snow and that they are going to be staying with Natalie's relatives for the time being. Raphael also told Madame Giry that he and his family miss Lucille dearly and that they love her with all of their hearts.

" Meg," Madame Giry firmly calls out to Meg. 

" Yes, Mother," Meg politely responds to Madame Giry as the older blonde-haired female walks up to the older female. 

" Where is Lucille?" Madame Giry sternly asked Meg. 

" I do not know, Mother. My friends and I were playing for a little bit. And Lucille got bored, so she left. My friends and I decided to go rehearse for the upcoming Spring Musical instead," Meg explains to Madame Giry. 

Madame Giry pulls out a black wooden fan from her arm sleeves, and she slaps Meg's head with it. 

" Mother! What was that for?" Meg shouts as she carefully rubs her head

" For letting Lucille run off when you know for a fact she is younger than you," Madame Giry sternly scolds Meg. 

The other children warily stared at Madame Giry since the older female scares them whenever she gets upset. Among the children, Jane begins to cry because she does not want to get in trouble by Madame Giry. 

" Jane. Why are you crying?" Madame Giry turns to Jane. 

Meg and the other children turn to stare at Jane. 

" Meg took Lucille to the forest, and she came back without her," Jane cries out, feeling scared. 

Madame Giry's eyes widened in horror when she hears that Meg left Lucille in the forest, when in fact, it is cold and snowing outside. 

" Jane! You tattletale!" Meg shouts, feeling upset that her friend ratted her out. 

" Quiet!" Madame Giry firmly scolds Meg by hitting the older blonde-haired female with her black wooden fan. 

" Helen," Madame Giry turns to her eldest ballet dancers. 

" Yes, Madame Giry," Helen walks up to Madame Giry after finishing her stretches. 

" Watch over Meg and the children. And make sure that Meg does not leave the rehearsal room," Madame Giry firmly tells Helen. 

Helen politely nods her head. 

Madame Giry turns around, and she was about to leave the room, but Meg stops her. 

" Mother!" Meg calls out to Madame Giry, feeling sad that the older female cares about Lucille more than her.