Ch. 6 We must celebrate Erik's birthday!

Madame Giry and Lucille quietly walked through the hallways of the Opera House as they head to the guests' wing where Lucille and her family would be staying. The older female curiously glanced at the blonde-haired female. 

" Lucille. Erik did not hurt you, right?" Madame Giry curiously asked Lucille. 

Lucille politely shakes her head. 

" No! Erik is so kind," Lucille happily tells Madame Giry. " He has such a beautiful face. I do not know why he has to hide it underneath his mask," The blonde-haired female sadly sighed. 

Madame Giry stopped walking, which caused Lucille to stare at the older female curiously. 

" Madame Giry?" Lucille worriedly calls out to Madame Giry. 

" You saw Erik's face?" Madame Giry softly asked Lucille. 

Lucille happily nods her head. 

" I did see Erik's face. I find his face unique and beautiful," Lucille kindly and honestly tells Madame Giry. 

Tears welled up in Madame Giry's eyes when she hears that Lucille finds Erik's deformity beautiful. 

" What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Lucille asked Madame Giry in concern. 

" I am alright, my Dear. I am only happy," Madame Giry kindly smiled at Lucille. " Lucille," The older female kneels in front of the blonde-haired female as she takes her hands in hers. 

" Yes?" Lucille curiously responds to Madame Giry. 

" Promise me that you will always let Erik know that he is beautiful?" Madame Giry softly yet firmly asked Lucille. 

" Of course! Erik is my dear friend and angel! He will always be beautiful in my eyes," Lucille happily tells Madame Giry. 

" You know," Madame Giry lightly squeezed Lucille's hands. " Today is Erik's fifteenth birthday," The older female softly tells the blonde-haired female. 

Lucille gasped in surprise when she hears that today is Erik's birthday. 

" We must celebrate Erik's birthday! I need to buy a cake and a present for him," Lucille excitedly tells Madame Giry as she jumps up and down in joy. 

" I know Erik will appreciate it a lot," Madame Giry fondly smiled at Lucille. " How about this, after we finished eating our lunch. I can take you to town, and we can go to a bakery, and we can buy a cake for Erik to eat for his birthday," The older female tells the blonde-haired female. 

" Okay! But I also need to buy Erik's gift," Lucille reminds Madame Giry. 

" Of course," Madame Giry warmly smiled at Lucille as the older female stands up, and the two females continued to walk to the guests' wing. 

At the guests' wing, Natalie is worriedly watching Adrien in his crib, who is peacefully sleeping. The black-haired female hears the door opened, and she turns to see Madame Giry and Lucille. 

" Lucille!" Natalie worriedly cries out as she runs up to Lucille, and she worriedly hugs the blonde-haired female. 

" Do not scare me like that. I was afraid something terrible had happened to you," Natalie firmly yet worriedly tells Lucille as she hugged the blonde-haired female close to her. 

" I am sorry," Lucille sadly apologized, feeling terrible for making her stepmother worried. 

" Where were you?" Natalie firmly asked Lucille as she lets go of the blonde-haired female. 

" I saw a piano in the chapel, and I decided to play a song," Lucille softly tells Natalie. " I did not realize that you two and Adrien were gone," The blonde-haired female sadly stared at her feet. 

Natalie worriedly stared at Lucille when she noticed that the blonde-haired female is wearing different clothes. 

" What happened to the clothes that you were wearing?" Natalie asked Lucille with a frown. 

Lucille looked down at the clothes she was wearing. 

" Young Lucille got her clothes dirty since the piano she was playing was old and rusty," Madame Giry calmly tells Natalie. " I decided to let the girl wear my daughter's old clothes. She would not mind it," The older female intently stared at the black-haired female. 

" Oh," Natalie nods her head in understanding. 

" Did you say thank you, at least?" Natalie turns her gaze to Lucille. 

Lucille politely nods her head. 

" Good," Natalie sighed in relief, feeling glad that her stepdaughter is safe. " Are you hungry? Madame Giry said that the Head Chef is making Soupe à l'Oignon, and I know that is your favorite," The black-haired female fondly smiled at Lucille. 

Lucille excitedly stared at Natalie. 

" I love Soupe à l'Oignon!" Lucille happily tells Natalie, which caused Adrien to wake up from his nap. 

" Wahh!" Adrien cries out, which caused Lucille to blush in embarrassment. 

" Sorry, Adrien," Lucille apologize, feeling guilty for waking up her younger brother.

" It's okay, Lucille," Natalie reassures Lucille as she stands up, and she turns to walk towards the crib as she takes Adrien into her arms. 

" Hello, my little Prince. Did you have a wonderful nap?" Natalie softly asked Adrien as she coos at him. 

Adrien giggles as he turns to Lucille, and he brightly smiled at his older sister. 

" Lu!" Adrien points to Lucille. 

" Hi, Adrien!" Lucille happily smiled at Adrien, which caused the young boy to clap his hands in glee. 

Madame Giry fondly smiled at the little family. 

Lucille's vision begins to get heavy as she yawns since she hasn't slept for hours due to being on the road. 

" You should have a beauty rest, Lucille," Natalie softly tells Lucille when she sees her stepdaughter staring at her with a sleepy gaze. 

" I shall pick you all up once Lucille gets her rest," Madame Giry kindly tells Natalie as she fondly watched Lucile climb up on the second bed since her parents are sharing the first bed that is next to the crib. 

" Of course," Natalie warmly smiled at Madame Giry as the older female leaves the guest bedroom. The black-haired female turns to Lucille, who is peacefully sleeping on the bed. " Sweet dreams, my dear," The older female whispers as she turns the light off as she and Adrien leave the room for the time being so that the blonde-haired female can rest. 

With Madame Giry, the older female returns to the room where she last saw Erik. Madame Giry gets inside, and she sees that the black-haired male is leaning against the wall inside the mirror. 

" Madame Giry," Erik softly greets Madame Giry as he glanced at the older female. 

" Lucille is safe. She is in her room resting since she and her family came early to the city from the countryside," Madame Giry explains to Erik. 

" I see," Erik turns around, and he begins to walk away. 

" What are you planning to do?" Madame Giry calls out to Erik. 

" I am going to play a lullaby for Lucille so that she can forever have the sweetest dreams in her slumber!" Erik shouts as he disappears into the darkness. 

Madame Giry's gaze softens, feeling glad that Erik has found himself a friend. 

Inside the lair, Erik sat in front of his piano as he placed his fingers on the keys, and he lets his heart take over for him so that he can play a sweet lullaby for Lucille. 

At the guests' bedroom, Lucille softly smiled in her slumber when she hears a beautiful melody coming from underneath her. The music made the blonde-haired female feel relax as she begins to dream of herself being a princess as she dances with Erik, who is wearing an outfit made for a Prince. Once the lullaby ended, the young female has fallen into a deep sleep.