Ch. 12 I am so sorry

After Erik takes Lucille to safety, Madame Giry dropped Hades off at the horse stables, and the older female explained to the Keepers that the black horse belongs to her and that he saw Lucille and Meg run off to the forest, and the animal went to save them. The Keepers nod their heads in understanding as they let Hades continue to live with the other horses. 

Once the Madame Giry sees that Erik's horse is safe and comfortable, she went to the Opera House to pick Meg up from the rehearsal room. Everyone in the room stayed quiet when they see the older female stare at the younger blonde-haired female with a stern gaze. 

" Madame Alexandria," Madame Giry calls out to her assistant, who turned to stare at her. 

" Can you watch over the other ballet dancers and make sure that they have their dance routine in perfection?" Madame Giry firmly asked Madame Alexandria. 

Madame Alexandria politely nods her head as Madame Giry turns to stare at Meg. 

" Let's go," Madame Giry firmly grabs Meg by the arm as the two females leave the rehearsal room. 

Ten minutes later, Madame Giry and Meg arrived at their home. Inside, the older female pulls the younger blonde-haired female into the living room as she closed and locked the door behind her. 

" Mother! Why did you have to pull my arm like that?" Meg complained as she gently rubbed her arm. 

Madame Giry turns to Meg. 

" What were you thinking, taking an innocent child into the forest and leaving her there?" Madame Giry furiously asked Meg. 

Meg quietly stared at Madame Giry. 

" Do you not remember that Lucille is two years younger than you? It was your responsibility to look after her as the older one. And now you broke that little girl's trust," Madame Giry stared at Meg in disbelief. 

Meg awkwardly diverts her gaze.

" I cannot believe you would do something like this. You nearly got Lucille killed. Did you not think of the consequences of your actions? Monsieur Bernard could have charged Palais Garnier with negligence for letting his daughter get murdered. And that could make the Opera House get shut down. We would not have a home anymore," Madame Giry angrily yet sadly stared at Meg. 

Tears welled up in Meg's eyes as her hands tightened into fists. 

" It's always Lucille this and Lucille that!" Meg turns her gaze to Madame Giry as tears fall from her eyes. " Why does she get to see Erik and be with him and I can-," The younger blonde-haired female stopped talking due to the older female slapping her across the face. 

" I cannot believe you would let your heart get clouded with jealousy and make you nearly kill an innocent child," Madame Giry stared at Meg heartbrokenly. " Because of your actions, I have decided that I am going to take you to live with your Aunt Miranda and her family," The older female turns her gaze away as she tries her best not to cry. 

Meg's eyes widened when she hears that Madame Giry is going to take her to live with her maternal relatives. 

" It's not fair! Why do I get to leave the Opera House! This place is my home. My friends live here! I hate you!" Meg furiously cries out as she runs to her bedroom, and she slams the door behind her. 

Madame Giry sadly sighed when she hears the door getting slammed. The older female hears footsteps nearby, and she slowly turns her gaze to see Erik quietly staring at her from behind the mirror. 

" Erik," Madame Giry softly calls out to Erik.  

Erik didn't say anything as he stares at the ground in guilt since he cannot help but blame himself that Lucille nearly got killed because of him since he rejected Meg's affections.  

" It is my fault that My Little Angel almost died," Erik softly tells Madame Giry as he leans against the wall. 

Madame Giry sadly stares at Erik. 

" It is not your fault," Madame Giry walks up to the mirror. 

" It is, and you know it," Erik softly yet sternly tells Madame Giry as not to let Meg hear them. " Because of me rejecting that little girl of yours' affections, it nearly got Lucille killed," The black-haired male's hands tightened into fists. 

Madame Giry sadly sighed, knowing Erik is going to be stubborn when it comes to the idea that Lucille's life got in danger because of him. 

" All that matters is that Lucille is safe, and I know for the fact that she will not blame you for what happened to her," Madame Giry reassures Erik. 

Erik's eyes saddened when he remembers seeing Lucille crying and looking scared. The black-haired male didn't like seeing his little angel looking afraid since he has always seen her with a kind and happy smile on her face. 

" Am I worthy of being in Lucille's life?" Erik curiously asked himself, which caused Madame Giry to stare at the black-haired male in worry. " I cannot help but feel as though my presence is dangering her life," The young male sadly closed his eyes. 

" Do not speak and think that way, Erik," Madame Giry's gaze softens since she sees Erik as a son despite not being biologically related to him. " I suggest you go check up on Lucille. What if she wakes up, and she gets scared not seeing you by her side," The older female softly tells the black-haired male. 

Erik politely nods his head as he turns around, and he walks away from Madame Giry. 

In the lair, Lucille wakes up from her slumber, and she blinks when she sees a familiar stone ceiling in her vision. The blonde-haired female sits up straight as she looks at her surroundings, and she noticed that she is alone. 

" Erik?" Lucille calls out to Erik, and she was ready to cry, thinking that the black-haired male has left her alone as Meg did. 

" Lucille. How are you feeling?" Erik worriedly asked Lucille as he walks up to her. 

Lucille turns to see Erik entering the lair, and she smiled in relief at the sight of the black-haired male, feeling happy to see the fifteen-year-old. 

" Erik!" Lucille held her arms out to Erik, wanting to be close to the black-haired male. 

Erik sits down on the Swan-like bed as he lets Lucille cling to him. The black-haired male's eyes sadden when he sees a tear falling from the blonde-haired female's eyes. 

" Lucille," Erik hugs Lucille close to him, feeling guilty that he made the blonde-haired female cry. " I am so sorry," The black-haired male hides his face against the young female's blonde hair. " B-Because of me, y-you almost d-died," The fifteen-year-old painfully tells the ten-year-old. 

Lucille quietly laid her face against Erik's chest. 

" Erik," Lucille slowly lifts her head to stare at Erik. " Why are you saying sorry?" The blonde-haired female innocently asked the black-haired male. " You saved my life," The young female kindly smiled at the young male. 

Erik sat there, feeling surprised that Lucille would still smile at him in a kind manner despite what the blonde-haired female had gone through because of him. The black-haired male takes the young female's hands in his as he gently kissed them. 

" I do not deserve such a kind angel as yourself in my cursed life," Erik softly yet sadly tells Lucille as tears fell from his eyes. 

Lucille sadly stares at Erik since seeing the black-haired male crying breaks her heart. The blonde-haired female slowly lets go of her hands as she delicately removes the young male's mask, which the fifteen-year-old did not mind. 

" Erik! You are my best friend. I want you in my life. Having you in my life makes me so happy," Lucille gently placed her hands on his regular and disfigured face. 

Erik quietly stared at Lucille, feeling surprised that the blonde-haired female wants him in her life. The black-haired male's gaze softens as he softly smiled, feeling relieved that his little angel wants him around.