3. Futures Lost

Hey guys! Here's Chapter 3 for yah! Also if you ship Lams, take a look at my story 'Helpless'! Enjoy!

!!Major Trigger Warning!!! (Death & Suicide)
><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Isabelle's POV

"What is taking her so long?!" Mom yelled, pacing around the kitchen. "She was supposed to be home thirty minutes ago!"

I was getting worried too. Y/N would sometimes get too carried away with her music and wouldn't pay attention to her surroundings. We would always tell her not to listen to music while she walks because of that.

I shifted the table cloth slightly, biting my lip nervously. Guests would be arriving at any moment and not only were we missing a cake, but we were also missing a birthday girl!

Suddenly mom gasped and put the phone to her ear. We had been trying to call Y/N for the past thirty minutes but she hadn't been picking up. I ran over to try and hear.

"Is this the mother of Y/N L/N?"

"Yes," mom said confusedly.

"Hi, this is St. Lin's Hospital. I'm sorry to inform you that your daughter was hit by a drunk driver and is in critical condition and isn't expected to make it. You will need to hurry here if you would like to say your goodbyes."

No— no, this can't be happening. Not Y/N. Not my sister. She can't leave me! She can't die!

Mom dropped the phone in school and we ran out of the front door, both shaking with sobs. We tried to hop in the car, but we were stopped by our neighbor Jacob.

"Move!" I sobbed at him, pushing him slightly. He stood firm and grabbed the keys from my Mom.

"Hey! I'm not letting you drive in that state. You'd get in a wreck like that!" he stated, moving to sit in the driver's seat. "I'll drive."

Mom and I rushed into the car and started yelling at him to drive. I felt kind of bad because Jacob has always been like a brother to Y/N and me, but I knew that he would understand.

"What happened?" He asked worriedly, speeding towards the hospital, which was luckily nearby.

"Y/N was hit by a drunk driver," I sobbed, from the backseat. "She's not going to make it."

Jacob gasped and hurriedly wiped his eyes, speeding up slightly. Y/N, Jacob, and I have always been very close friends since we were little.

Somehow we made it to the ER without getting pulled over. We sprinted to the front desk, startling the poor lady working there.

"How may I--"

"Y/N L/N! Were here for Y/N L/N!" The lady's eyes went wide and she led us quickly to a room down the hall.

I dashed inside and I saw her laying there hopelessly. Her h/c hair was bloodied at matted around her head and her body looked disfigured.

"N-No!" I cried, running over and grabbing one of her hand gently in mine. "Y/N please, you c-can't leave me! W-We were supposed t-to go to college together a-and and become adults! We were g-gonna start our own f-families and make a future for ourselves!"

Jacob came up behind me and rubbed my back comfortingly, crying tears of his own.

"Please don't leave me!" I sobbed, "I c-can't live without you! Y-You're my other h-half!" Suddenly the beeping of her heart monitor slowed into a whine. She was gone.

"NO! GOD NO! PLEASE NO!" I cried reaching for her desperately, only to be held back by Jacob. The doctors came in with solemn looks on their faces and covered Y/N with a white sheet before wheeling her away. My mom went with them, face pale with shock.

"No!" I wailed, collapsing into Jacob's arms with sobs, punching him repeatedly on the back. He just held me, patiently waiting for me to stop.

Eventually, he took us home, asking us if we needed anything. We declined, feeling too numb to really want anything other than for Y/N to be here with us.

Mom went straight to her room without saying a word. I did the same, walking into Y/N and I's shared room. Her stuff was everywhere. Clothes, bed, books, drawing, pictures. It was too much.

I went into our bathroom and grabbed my bottle of ADHD medication before taking a seat on her bed with a photo of her smiling up at me.

I downed what was left in the bottle, taking comfort in the fuzzy feeling it left in my head. The last thing I saw was Jacob bursting into the room with his pillow and blanket, obviously intending to stay the night with me.

"Isabelle I brought— NO!"

My eyes closed and I smiled softly. I was going to be with Y/N.

——————

Y/N's POV

"Are you sure we got everything?" Alex asked.

"Yes, I'm sure, Alex," I smiled, rolling my eyes amusedly. Today had been a great day so far. We got me a dress and shoes, plus all of the other small things that I needed. We even got to dance in the square.

He shoulder bumped me slightly with a smile and I bumped him back, getting a few looks from some passerby's. We were walking back to the house and it was already nearing sundown.

"What is that?" Alex gasped, looking off to the side. I turned and saw a figure lying on the dirt road, much like I had been the day before.

"Isabelle?!" I gasped, running to her side and shaking her awake frantically.
"What are you doing here—"

"Y/N?!" She gasped, tackling me to the ground in tears. "You d-died! You w-were gone! Y-You were hit by a drunk d-driver and you were brought to the ER and you d-died! How are you alive?!"

"I know, I know, shh," I said hugging her close, wiping her eyes.

"Where are we?" she stammered, finally taking a look around.

"We're in the past," I explained, "Around the time the song 'Aaron Burr, sir' took place." She smiled and looked around wondrously.

"We're living in a musical!" she smiled.

"I'm sorry," said a voice from behind us, "I'm confused. ER, died, past, musical?"

Crap. I forgot about Alex.

"Isabelle, I would like you to meet Alexander Hamilton. Alex I would like you to meet Isabelle, my twin sister."

><><><><><><><><><><><><>
4/13/2020

This chapter was actually really difficult to write for... reasons. Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed!

QOTD: What do you think Alex is going to think about their story?

Thanks for reading! -SunkissedChild5