22. Missing Turtles Babies

Hey guys! I was gonna update my Hamilton Reacts story today, but I didn't feel like it sooo... I updated this one instead. AnYwAyS, here's another chappie! Enjoy!
><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Y/N's POV

We'd been walking nonstop for many many hours before it finally hit me. By 'it', I mean an acorn. Straight on my forehead. Thanks, squirrel.

Besides that, I came to the stunning realization that I would need to somehow get out of this uniform and 'become' Y/N again without Alex, Herc, or Laff suspecting anything.

Uh oh.

I was gonna need some help.

Step one: get John alone so that we can make some sort of plan that we'll fail to execute later. But how? I took a deep breath, knowing that I was about to embarrass myself. What else is new?

"I need to, um, use the bathroom," I cringed, shooting John a pointed look. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not getting the message. Then, a moment later, his eyes widened slightly as he realized what I meant.

"Already?" Alex groaned. "You just went an hour ago."

"I actually need to go, too," John winced.

"That's fine," Laff smiled. "We'll wait for you here, mes amis."

I shot him a thankful look before pushing my way through the brush with John right behind me, careful not to fall into the snow. Fred and George were both furrowed deep in my pockets, sleeping, wrapped in some spare cloth Herc gave us.

(I legit just realized that it's supposed to be winter time btw)

As soon we were far enough away, John turned to me with a smirk. "What's the real reason you dragged me out here?"

"I'm a girl," I said shortly.

"Yeah... you already told me."

"And Alex is gonna wanna see me as a girl when we get to New York City. Or, more specifically, Alex is gonna wanna see Y/N Owens with her twin sister."

"Oh."

"I'm gonna need your help. I need you to make some sort of distraction when we arrive so that I can slip away."

"Alrighty then," he breathed. "I'll create a distraction and then you can run off and find your sister. Change quickly though, because we both know that Alex will go to see you two as soon as we get there."

"I know," I sighed. "Thanks, John!"

I stood on my tippy toes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, racing off back through the trees before he could recover from his flustered state.

Every now and then, I would do that just to mess with him. He's cute when he's flustered. Well, in all honesty, he's cute all of the time, but that's not the point.

"Where's John?" Herc frowned as soon as I got back to the group.

"He's on his way," I smirked. As if summoned by my words, he pushed his way through the brush, blushing slightly when we met eyes.

After that, we started walking again, all of our legs protesting painfully. Not to mention the fact that it was freezing cold and the middle of December. Snow kept falling on my hair, melting, and only adding to the cold.

Halfway through the hike, I passed Fred and George to John who tried his best to keep them warm. He would check on them every couple of minutes, smiling softly at the sight of them sound asleep next to each other.

When we finally made it into the city, we stopped for a moment to gather our wits. John and I shared a quick look.

Suddenly, he began patting his pockets. Slowly at first, then frantically. "Umm," he stammered, "I think I lost Fred and George."

My eyes widened and I felt panic begin to rise in my chest, but then he shot me a discreet wink and let out a breath that I didn't realize I'd been holding.

Time to put on a show.

"What do you mean?!" I gasped, walking towards him with a faked angry look on my face. "You had them just a second ago! They were in your freaking pockets!"

"Well, now they're not in my freaking pockets!"

He patted his pockets again, and I took notice of the way he carefully avoided the one over his heart which was previously filled with the spare pieces of cloth. Now, it was occupied by two twin turtles, blissfully unaware of what was happening around them.

"Calm down, you two," Jeremy said, stepping between us. "They couldn't have gotten far."

"Yeah," Laff smiled, placing a comforting hand on John's shoulder. "We'll help you look for them, mes amis! Right, Alex?"

Alex stayed silent for a moment before crumbling under Herc's motherly stare. "Fine," he groaned. "I'll help you look for your missing turtle babies."

The six of us scrambled down the street in different directions, each of us scanning our surroundings for my missing children.

I made sure that everybody was distracted before ducking behind a nearby pub, racing off in the direction of Alex's house. I ran nonstop for a couple of minutes uninterrupted, getting a couple of odd looks from some confused adults and a few looks of admiration from the little boys and girls wandering the city.

Just as I made my way onto a street that I recognized, I slammed into some random dude heading towards the church in front of us.

"Ow," I groaned, sitting up from my place on the floor with a whine. "Sorry, sir."

"It's okay, lad," he sighed, standing up with an unsurprised expression as if this happened to him every day. "Why are you in such a rush?"

"I guess, I'm just a little eager to get home," I smiled, gesturing down at my uniform.

Immediately, the friendly look melted off of his face. "Oh," he frowned, "You're one of those revolutionary battle barbarians, aren't you?"

"Umm... I think so?"

He raised his nose to me, pointing towards the wooden cross placed outside the church building. "You should stop by for the evening service. You need Jesus."

I had to fight not to laugh. "I'll certainly have to consider it, Mr...?"

"Seabury. Samuel Seabury."

I could feel the fangirl in me fighting to be released.

"I'll certainly have to consider it, Mr. Seabury," I repeated, waving goodbye to him and resuming my race toward Alex's house.

Now to find my sister.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><
8/11/2020

So, you've met the bean. Next, you get a makeover by your twin sistah! (aka me) I hope y'all enjoyed!

QOTD: What would've happened if John had actually lost da babies?!

Thanks for reading! -SunkissedChild5