14. Act

Hey guys! I had a really difficult time writing this chappie cause for some reason I couldn't focus at all but I know that y'all have waited a long time for this update, so enjoy!
><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Izze's POV (Hehe, that's right! I shall leave y'all in suspense. *evil laughter* Please don't kill me)

I shimmied into the blue dress, sighing tiredly. Today was the day. Angelica was getting too suspicious and so... I needed to 'become' Y/N.

Not that it was going to be a difficult task. After all, I grew up with her. I know exactly how she would act in this situation. Not to mention the fact that I look exactly like her.

The hard part was going to be lying. I am many things. Energetic, smart, annoying— but not a liar. Well... usually. Acting was different. I wouldn't mind walking around a stage pretending to be Peggy, however, just the thought of pretending to be my sister made me sick to my stomach.

I knew exactly what I needed to do. I just... couldn't actually do it.

I shook away those thoughts and fidgeted nervously with my hair, attempting to make it look similar to how she had hers before she cut it. It worked. Sort of. "Oh well," I sighed, leaving the house and heading down the road.

The plan was called 'Operation D-Minus'. Why? Because I'm a theater nerd.

Anyways, the first thing I needed to do was show up at the Schuyler's house. Then I needed to give some sort of excuse for why 'I' couldn't work for them. Then I needed to run back to Alex's house and change back into my yellow dress and then go to work.

I felt like taking a nap, not attempting Mission Impossible.

After a while of walking, I was stopped by the one and only Peggy Schuyler bear the entrance of her house.
"Y/N?!" she gasped, immediately engulfing me in a hug. "Are you okay?! Izze said that you were sick."

"Um... yeah," I winced.

Skillz.

"Did Izze tell you about our job offer?" she asked, pulling me towards the front door.

"Yep!" I smiled, stumbling after her. "That's actually why I was heading over to your place. I have some news I wanna share with y'all."

"Ooh, sounds interesting!" Peggy rushed me inside and into the kitchen where Angelica and Eliza sat, eating breakfast.

"Y/N?!" They shouted, attacking me with hugs and knocking the air out of me.

"Heyyy," I said awkwardly.

"Are you feeling better?" Eliza beamed, "We were so worried!"

"Absolutely! I'm fine! No Corona for me!" I joked.

"What's Corona?" Angie frowned. Oh. Whoops.

"It's— um... nothing. It's nothing." They didn't seem convinced. "Anyways, I wanted to tell y'all that, unfortunately, I can't work here."

"What? Why?" Peggy breathed, slumping slightly in her chair.

"Somebody already offered me a job and I accepted it. I'm going to be helping the Coopers keep up with The Orchard."

"Oh," Eliza sighed, "That's okay."

We chatted quietly for a couple of minutes until Angelica looked up at me with a curious expression. "Hey, Y/N? How did you know how to get here?"

Oh crap. I didn't think of that. Whoops. To be fair, I didn't think much about any of this. I just kinda... do.

"Oh— um... Izze told me," I said far too quickly. Eliza looked at me suspiciously as if she was trying to tell whether or not I was lying.

"Where is she?" she questioned.

"A-At the house. She said she'll be over soon but—"

"Great! I'll send somebody to go get her so that she doesn't have to walk."

"N-No!" I rushed, causing them to look at me concernedly. "She uh— she likes to walk?" I sounded so sure of myself. (Note the sarcasm)

Angelica sighed and leaned forward knowingly. "I know it's you Izze," she said. I was not expecting that.

"What are you talking about?" I squeaked, voice getting higher as I spoke. Peggy giggled softly at that.

"Your ring," Angie smirked, pointing to my right ring finger where a simple gold band sat. My grandma has given me that ring when I went to middle school. She gave Y/N the matching necklace.

"That was one thing I noticed when I met y'all," she continued, "You have a ring and Y/N has a necklace."

"Oh," I breathed. Major whoops.

"So," Peggy chirped, "Where's Y/N?"

I looked around nervously and weighed my options. I could keep lying to them and embarrass myself even more, or I could tell them and run the risk of them not keeping the secret. If they told, them Y/N could get in major trouble.

I fidgeting with the hem of my sister's dress anxiously and took a deep breath. Who was I kidding? This was the motherflippin Schuyler sisters! These queens could keep a secret.

"You're probably not gonna like this," I winced, looking up at them with a tired expression. They leaned forward in their seats with anticipation and I thought about how best to phrase this.

"She may or may not have disguised herself as a dude and ran off to join the revolution," I gushed, happy to get that off of my chest.

Their eyes widened and they froze in shock. Maybe I could've phrased that better, I thought, staring at their shocked looks.

When they finally calmed down enough to fully register what I was telling them, I explained everything to them— except for the whole 'time traveler' thing. They were actually rather calm about it and offered to let me stay with them while Y/N and Alex were gone.

I accepted, with me being a people person and all. I had to rush home to put on my dress though because 1700 style clothing wasn't cutting it for me. I also got the chance to write to my sister before I went to bed. Boy was she in for a shocking letter.

Dear Elijah Truman,

So, the Schuyler sisters know about the 'Mulan' thing that ya got going on. That was a fun conversation.

Stay safe!
-Izze

><><><><><><><><><><><><
5/31/2020

Please don't kill meh! Y'all will get your answers in the next chapter! I hope y'all enjoyed!

QOTD: Imma give y'all a Mushu. (Requested by AlexanderHamilham184) What animal should it be?

Thanks for reading! -SunkissedChild5