25. Search Party

Hey, guys! Here's the long long long awaited chapter! Enjoy this majesticness!
><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Y/N's POV

The next thing I knew, I was on my tippy toes, kissing John Motherfreaking Laurens.

I guess I'm not getting beaten with a wet noodle tonight after all.

I smiled into the kiss, tangling my hands in his hair. Screw history, I thought, I wanna be a bit selfish this time. I never got the chance to really be with anybody back in the future and I wasn't going to pass up my opportunity this time.

A couple of moments later, we pulled apart and he rested his forehead on mine. He had quite the goofy smile on his face. "Together?" He breathed.

"Together, " I smirked.

"Hey, John!" Herc called, racing over to us. "I just realized that we--"

John and I jumped apart, standing next to each other awkwardly.

"Oh," Herc smirked. "Oh. Am I interrupting something?"

"Nope!" I said, internally cringing.

"Not at all," John sighed.

"Well," he smiled, "I just realized that we lost Elijah."

Turtleboi gasped dramatically. "What?!" I could almost see the sarcasm pooling off of him in waves.

"I know, right?!" Herc frowned, shaking his head regretfully. "I haven't seen him since we were searching for your kids. He probably still thinks that they're missing!"

"Where do you think he went?" I asked, trying my best not to just tie up my hair and do a full blown character swap.

"I don't know... We should go look for him!" He beamed, racing off towards Lafayette who was off in the corner, still beating up a random dude with his baguettes.

John and I shared a look. "Uh oh," I frowned.

"What's the plan?"

"Don't get caught."

"That's not a very good plan."

"Would you like to come up with something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No..."

"Great. Then stick to the plan."

"Yes ma'am!" He saluted, grabbing my hand and pulling me in the direction of Herc and Laff.

As soon as we got close to them, Laff turned towards us with a smile. "Mes amis!" He beamed, ignoring the beaten up man on the floor who quickly scrambled away from the Frenchman.

"LaffyTaffy," Herc said, "We lost Elijah."

"WHAT?!" He gasped, causing some people to look our way. "HOW?!"

"When Fred and George ran off, I think he got lost..."

"Uptown?"

"Yep."

"Merde." Laff held his baguettes at his side dutifully before marching off towards Alex who stood at the other side of the ballroom dancing with a girl in a blue dress who I recognized as Eliza.

He tapped him on the shoulder and brought him over to the group. "We lost Elijah," he said mournfully.

"Oh," Alex frowned. "Let me guess, you want me to help you look for him."