19. Miss Right Hand Man

Hey guys! Ready for another chapter of mah word vomit? Enjoy!
><><><><><><><><><><>

Y/N's POV

That was when we heard the sound of running footsteps approaching from behind us. John and I turned around quickly, prepared to fight, but luckily it was just Jeremy.

He held up his hands in surrender and attempted to catch his breath. "E-Elijah," he panted, "General Washington wants to see you."

I felt my blood run cold and John and I shared a fearful look. Had I been caught?

"D-Did he say why?" I stammered, taking Freddy from John and hugging him to my chest. I was tOtALly not nervous.

"No, just that he wants to see you immediately. It sounds urgent," Jeremy frowned, turning around and walking back towards the camp.

"Umm... o-okay," I stammered, quickly handing Fred to John and rushing to catch up to Jeremy.

I tried my best not to fall on my face as we walked. Well— more like ran. What if he knows that Im a girl? If I get caught then they could send me home. Or worse.

As soon as we could see the tents, I sprinted to General Washingdad's. Oddly enough, I saw Burr storm out, looking rather upset and I gulped. FunkyHatDad must be on his man period.

Yayyy.

"Sir?" I called, stepping inside. Alex stood off to the side with a smug look on his face. Just my luck. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes!" Washingdad smiled, ushering me to sit down. "General Schuyler's told me many interesting things about you."

Darn it. "You're sending me home aren't you?" I frowned.

He didn't answer. Alex looked up with a hopeful expression.

"Okay then," I frowned, standing up and moving to leave. "I'll go pack."

"Wait no!" Washington laughed, "I'm not sending you home!" Alex pouted.

"Y-You're not?" I asked.

"Of course not! I actually had a very important question to ask you," he said, ushering me back to my seat.

Alex looked up in concern. "Sir--"

"Hush Hamilton," Washingdad said, "Like I was saying, General Schuyler's told me many things about you, Mr. Truman."

I almost didn't recognize my 'name'. Hehe.

All of a sudden, he sat down in front of me with a serious expression. Uh oh. I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt and looked around nervously.

Washington smirked. "Truman, how do you feel about being one of my right hand men?"

I blinked in confusion. "I'm sorry, what?"

"How do you feel about being one of my right hand men?" He repeated.

"Sir, I really don't think--"

"Hush Hamilton!" Washingdad and I both snapped.

"Why me?" I frowned, "Did General Schuyler tell you about the 'booty bullet' incident?"

"Unfortunately yes. However, he also told me that you fight strategically on the battlefield."

"I wouldn't really call it strategy," I winced, "More like trying not to get shot while keeping my friends from dying before the second... half of the war. Yeah."