4. Meetings

Hey guys! Can I just say that Y/N and Isabelle are both based on me. I've died twice already in this story... Anyways, enjoy!
><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Y/N's POV

After we found Isabelle, Alex rushed us off to the house, nervously. We took a seat on the couch, the air thick with tension.

"Isabelle and I are from the year 2020," I whispered quietly. Alex sat back, letting out a long breath of air in shock. "That's why I was confused when you found me."

"Do you have some sort of proof? I'm sorry, it's just that this is such an odd situation," he said, looking around nervously.

"When you were ten years old, your father left," Isabelle said softly, "You and your mother got deathly sick when you were twelve and she died. Then you moved in with your cousin, but he committed suicide. A hurricane destroyed your town when you were seventeen and then you moved to America."

I could tell that she was struggling not to just start singing 'Alexander Hamilton' right then and there, which is exactly what I would've done had I been left to explain.

"Wow," he breathed, running a hand through his hair. "So your not from Spain?" Leave it to Alex to ask about that before anything else.

"No (or yes, if you are)," I laughed, "I'm from Y/C (you're country)."

"How did you get here?" He asked, calming down slightly, though definitely still weirded out.

"I umm... died," I stammered, squeezing Isabelle's hand. "Speaking of which, how did you get here?" I asked her.

"Well you see, I got in a car crash," she frowned, not meeting my eyes. I brushed it off, knowing that she was probably still in shock.

"What's a car?" Alex asked curiously, leaning forward in his seat.

"Nothing that you need to worry about," I answered, pulling Isabelle to her feet and standing her in front of Alex. She was wearing her long yellow sundress, still dressed for our birthday party.  "Does this dress look too different?"

"Well luckily it's very loose," he stated, examining the dress. "We could probably find a petticoat to put under it and then just say that's it's homemade if anyone asks about the style."

Izze let out a sigh of relief, straightening out her dress. It was her favorite piece of clothing and looked absolutely beautiful on her, complementing her s/c (skin color) skin and h/c hair perfectly.

"We could probably find one at Mulligan's!" he smiled, jumping up and leading us outside the house.

We followed him into town until he randomly stopped, staring at a man just up ahead. A smile broke out on his face and he dashed over to the man excitedly. "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

Isabelle and I shared a knowing look, smiling with anticipation.

"That depends. Who's asking?" said Burr, turning around to face the excited teen in from if him.

"Oh, well sure, sir. I'm Alexander Hamilton, I'm at your service, sir. I have been looking for you!" We laughed slightly at Alex, watching him creep Burr out.

"I'm getting nervous," Burr frowned, taking a small step back.

"Sir, I heard your name at Princeton! I was seeking an accelerated course of study when I got sort of out of sorts with a buddy of yours. I may have punched him... it's a blur, sir. He handles the financials!"

"You punched the bursar?"

"Yes! I wanted to do what you did, graduate in two years then join the revolution! He looked at me like I was stupid. I'm not stupid!" Burr gave him a doubtful look, but Alex continued.

"So, how'd you do it? How'd you graduate so fast?"

"It was my parents dying wish before they passed," Burr frowned.

"You're an orphan! Of course! I'm an orphan! God, I wish there was a war then we could prove that we're worth more than anyone bargained for!" Alex smiled, earning himself another weird look from Burr.

"Can I buy you a drink?" Burr asked cautiously.

"That would be nice," Alex smiled, "Oh! Wait one second!" He dashed over to us apologetically.

"Gee, thanks for remembering us, Alex!" Izze said sarcastically. Alex rolled his eyes at her playfully before turning to me.

"Do you remember how to get to Mulligans?" he asked.

"Yep!" I smiled, pointing down the road. "It's just a couple minutes that way."

"Okay good!" he smiled, "Is it okay if I go with Mr. Burr?"

"Go ahead! And make some friends while you're at it!" Izze smirked knowingly. "We should be at the house when you get back."

"Okay, bye!" he smiled, rushing back off to Burr. We laughed, knowing that he was about to meet Laurens, Lafayette, and Hercules.

We set back off down the road, towards Mulligans. When we arrived, we stepped inside happily while Izze looked around curiously.

"Hello, ma'am!" Mr. Mulligan greeted kissing my knuckles before doing the same for Izze. "How may I help you two?"

"We need a petticoat to fit my dress, please sir," Izze smiled politely. Mr. Mulligan walked over to the wall and pulled a medium-sized petticoat off of the wall.

"Here you go, Miss," he said, handing it to her. "You could go change in the backroom if you'd like to. Hercules left to go hang out with some friends as soon as his shift was over."

She went into the backroom to change and came back a few with her dress looking poofier. "That will be $0.50," Mr. Mulligan beamed.

That was when I realized that Alex left us without any money. "He forgot to give us money," I said to Izze with wide eyes.

"We can pay for it!" smiled a lady from behind us, almost giving me a heart attack. I never even heard her enter the store.

"Oh no, you don't have to," Izze frowned.

"I insist," she beamed, handing Mr. Mulligan the required money. She turned back to us, adjusting her light blue dress happily. "My name's Eliza."

My face broke into a smile, and Izze and I introduced myself. Eliza handled whatever it was that she came to the shop for and the grabbed our hands, leading us outside.

"These are my sisters Angelica and Peggy," she said, introducing us to the two girls standing there. I smiled, song lyrics popping into my head.

Angelica
Eliza
And Peggy
The Schuyler sisters

Angelica and Peggy introduced themselves, walking us down the road. "Do you anywhere you have to be right now?" Peggy asked excitedly and we shook our heads. "Great! How do y'all feel about going with us to The Orchard?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><>
4/15/2020

Ever since I saw Szin's animatic for 'Aaron Burr, sir', I haven't been able to see Alex being anything other than adorably awkward and creepy when he meets Burr. By the way, I freaking love Szin and Zizuka's artwork.

QOTD: If you were a Schuyler sister, would you be Angelica, Eliza, or Peggy?

Thanks for reading! -SunkissedChild5