↳ chapter 2

The alarm from my alarm clock made a loud ringing noise, practically rousing the entire country. Who would even keep alarm clocks these days now? I did because it was more effective on my then the normal alarm on the phone, which could be turned off with a tap of the screen. I groaned at the disturbance, pressing the off button and sitting up from my cozy bed. Yawning, I stretched my limbs and rubbed my eyes tiredly, dragging myself to the bathroom groggily with a heavy heart. Today would be my first day in U.A., and I was pretty excited. Minus the part of having to heave myself off of my comfortable mattress. Starting at the drowsy reflection of myself in the mirror, I brought the toothbrush to my mouth, getting the simplest thing out of the way.

  I proceeded with my boring morning routine that no one would want to hear about and slung my bag over my shoulder. I could already tell that it would be an eventful day. Well, at least more eventful then junior high school. For god's sake, we were talking about the U.A., one of the schools offering the best hero courses! Not to mention, the word 'hero' in the hero course literally implied that it was not going to be normal.

  I staggered to the kitchen, taking out the bento box I had already prepared for today, and shoving it in my bag. Thrusting open the door, I had a warm smile spread across my face as I skipped to school. I didn't like to use my powers in my everyday life, not wanting to take for granted the fact that I was lucky to have powers.

  Along the way, my excitement had died down. How different could this be from a normal school? I'm pretty sure we would still have normal lessons. Whipping out my phone and looking at the time, I had plenty of time to get to school. I slowed my steps and shoved my hands in my pockets. As I strolled along the path, the tiny image of my destination got larger and larger as I neared. My smile widened at the sight of the school. My pursuit of being a hero was no longer a dream, it was a destination that I would reach one day. A destination that had many obstacles along the way, but it was a journey I was willing to take.

  As I walked along the corridor, I muttered to myself the class numbers, trying to find my class.

"1-C, 1-B... 1-A!" I cheered when I had finally found my way to the enormous wooden door with a massive '1-A' painted in red.

  I was about to push open the door when my hand stopped on the wood and my breath hitched. What if my new classmates didn't like me? What if they bullied me? I didn't have time to think, because the wooden door that my body weight was resting on had been pulled open, leaving me to stumble forwards into whoever was there. I braced myself for the impact of the hard floor, but it never came. Instead, a warmth enveloped my torso area, preventing me from falling.

"Woah, you should be more careful, " a sharp boy with dark blue hair said, pushing me upright.

  I blushed at the physical contact and the embarrassment of me falling. The boy robotically introduced himself as Iida Tenya. I gave him a bright smile I only reserved for my friends. I stuck my hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Iida-Kun. I think we will get along, " I beamed.

  He took my hand, shaking it formally, then going to his assigned seat. I looked at the seating arrangement placed on the notice board. It seemed like I was sitting behind a 'Kouda', sandwiched between a 'Todoroki' and a 'Uraraka', all the way at the back of the classroom. I cackled at my luck. I sauntered to my seat, my head up high at my seating arrangement.

  As time ticked by, students slowly streamed into the classroom. I was specifically waiting for a certain heroic boy that I wanted to check on. Finally, the freckled boy walked in, looking at the surroundings. I got out of my seat, my chair screeching against the floor. I walked up to the boy, whose eyes were widening as I neared him, as though I was a lioness, ready to gobble him up.

"Hey, I saw you doing the entrance exam, you were great, " I complimented him.

"Thanks... It wasn't much..." he muttered, not making eye contact. Judging by his nervousness, it was probably his first time having a conversation with a girl. I chuckled.

"There's no need to be scared, I don't bite, " I commented.

  Iida from earlier walked up to us, making weird hand gestures, ordering us to go back to our seats. I put my hands up, walking back to my seat. I noticed the girl next to me was the one that the freckled boy saved. However, the boy next to me was no mystery. One look at his face and I knew who he was.

  Number 2 hero's son: Todoroki Shoto. I scrunched my face up at the thought of Endeavour. Personally, I did not like the hero, nor the rumors that circulated around him. And if any of them were true, then Todoroki would be the most powerful person my age that I have ever encountered. I shivered at the thought of those horrific rumors. I hoped that none of them were true, but based on the fact that the boy had half white, half red hair, I feared that it was true.

  I snapped out of my trance, looking curiously at the door opening, which was no doubt our teacher. Well, until I realized that our teacher was a yellow caterpillar. My face contorted into a shocked expression, my jaw hanging open. I pretty sure all of us had the same thought.

Our teacher was a caterpillar?