↳chapter 49

Did I... Die? The last thing I remembered was Togata punching me and my head hitting the ground. Shit, I was dead, or at least had a mild concussion or something. Wait... But for me to be thinking, means that I'm still alive! The human brain is constantly thinking unless it's unconscious. Plus, I was breathing. I slowly opened my eyes, my body aching all over. How did I not die, or at least come out with major brain damage? Oh yeah, maybe it's because my brain already had enough damage done to it. As I opened my eyes, I saw the familiar white walls and inhaled the strong smell of rubbing alcohol. Yep, I was in Recovery Girl's office. What I did not expect to see, was Togata grinning at me from beside my bed. I covered my eyes the second I saw his face, in case he was going to strip again.

"Are you naked?" I asked hesitantly.

"Nope!"

I slowly opened my eyes, allowing the light to flood into my vision again. That reminded me, how long was I out for? I jolted up. Don't tell me that I missed a day of lessons! I can't afford to miss one day!

"How long was I out for?" I asked, voicing my concerns.

"Barely even a day. After the battle, you were out. It's evening right now, "

"What? Then why are you here?"

"Oh yeah, I'm here to apologize for giving you a mild concussion, " he explained.

I waved him off, discharging myself and heading back to the dorm. I trudged back, hoping that Shoto would lend me his notes for today's class. Or someone else, I guess. These days, the only thing on my mind was Shoto. I had to either get rid of this crush or confess, neither happening anytime soon. When I reached my room, I noticed a pink letter that had been slid under my door. What could it be? I bent down and picked up the letter, closing the door behind me.

I don't think you will

Ever fully understand

How you've touched my life
And made me who I am.

I don't think you could ever know
Just how truly special you are,
That even on the darkest nights
You are my brightest star.

You've allowed me to experience
Something very hard to find,
An unconditional love that exists
In my body, soul, and mind.

I don't think you could ever feel
All the love I have to give,
And I'm sure you'll never realize
You've been my will to live.

You are an amazing person,
And without you, I don't know where I'd be.
Having you in my life
Completes and fulfils every part of me

So my dearest Sakura,

could you do me a favour?

Under the cherry blossom tree at midnight,

wait for me there.

I looked at the letter in disbelief. Did someone write me a love letter? Am I still unconscious or something? No one, absolutely no one, would write to me, the girl who was moody 24/7, the girl who was lazy as hell and a dumbass, an actual love letter. I shook my head. This must've been a prank or something. Yet, there was something that piqued my curiosity, something that told me to meet the mysterious person there. I sighed. How did I get roped into this? Deep down, I hoped that the person who wrote me the letter was Shoto, but the chance that it was him was close to none. Perhaps I should ask the girls. I dragged myself, the love poem in hand, down to Uraraka's room, where it just so happened that all the girls were there.

"Hey guys, I have a question," I said, interrupting them in the middle of whatever they were doing.

  Just this second, all the girls turned around to look at me, smirking as though they knew something I didn't. Or maybe they did know something I didn't. I raised an eyebrow, passing them the letter.

"What's this?" Ochaco inquired, taking the love letter in hand, squealing when she read it.

"What is it! Spill!" Ashido asked, jumping to try and snatch the letter from Ochaco.

"Someone wrote Sakura a love poem. When I say someone, I think we all know who it is," she said, smirking.

The girls started freaking out, squealing about it. I cocked my head. So they were in on this! I sighed. At this rate, I wouldn't even have time to meet said person under the said cherry blossom tree. I wouldn't even get anything accomplished at this point. I was about to walk out, when I felt all of them pulling me back and locking the door, much to my surprise.

"Nuh-uh. You're not going anywhere looking like that," Hagakure said, and I could practically feel the smirk of the invisible girl.

I gulped. This was going to be hell. The girls shoved me into the bathroom, their loud whispers on what I should wear muffled by the door. I hated this. A hand opened the door slightly ajar, handing me the clothes. I sighed. I guess I had no choice. After all, the were trying to help me. I unfolded the piece of clothing, looking at the frilly dress in disgust. Yep, I did not like this, but I still put it on nevertheless. When I came out of the bathroom, the girls commented on my outfit.

"Yeah, it doesn't suit her,"

"Mhm, after all, she's only being confessed to, she isn't going on a date,"

I was shoved back into the bathroom. This was going to be hellish.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing orange to pink ombre dress which was knee-high. Pressing the power button on my phone, my eyes widened at the timing. It was already 11:30. At this rate, I wouldn't even be able to get anything done. I hadn't even found a proper outfit. I put my normal outfit back on, storming out of the bathroom.

"Thanks, guys, I appreciate the help, but I need to get changed,"

I left before anyone could even say a thing, sighing as I rushed to my room. I pulled a black turtleneck and a brown skirt on, changing into my boots. I needed to hurry to get there. Besides, I didn't need to wear anything fancy, just something temporary. Why on earth was I even going there? I didn't want to break someone's heart. Well, at least it was better than ditching completely. I rushed to the only cherry blossom tree buried deep in the forest. My spirits were high. I hoped, I severely hoped that it was Shoto.

I didn't know what I would do if it wasn't.