↳ chapter 42

Jiro and Shoji helped to search for the locations of the victims, and I teleported them to the first aid station that the other schools had already set up. I greeted them, checked if they were alright, and teleported them out. I left the dangerous situations for the others since I was working individually to take out the easier ones first, before working on those who were trapped under debris. I found an old man who was lying on the ground.

"Hello, are you hurt in any places?" I greeted. After being responded with a clear yes, pointing at his head, I teleported him to the first-aid center, telling them his symptoms.

"He should be okay. We'll deal with it, "

  I grinned, giving them a thumbs up. I turned around to teleport, only for that Shindo guy from earlier to bump into me. I mentally groaned, apologizing, and teleporting away before he could say anything. Shoto, who was only on the mountain of debris, glared at him, continuing to try to save people. Meanwhile, I teleported back to Jiro to ask for more locations. Everything was going well, until Gang Orca came crashing in, who was supposed to be the terrorist. I was about to go and fight, before Jiro out a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't. You should focus on saving the victims first. Let the others take care of it. You have a quirk suited better to this, " she said.

  I pouted, but she was right. I went back to teleporting around, dropping them off. While I was dropping a random civilian, I noticed Shoto and the Shiketsu guy, Yoarashi, was fighting Gang Orca. This could only go really great, or terribly awful. And judging by how Shoto's fire and Yoarashi's wind we're deflecting each other, it was most likely the latter. I grimaced at the situation. I contemplated going to help, before rethinking Jiro's words. Jiro was right, the victims came first. Just then, I noticed Shindo on the floor. As much as Shoto and I disliked him, I couldn't let him die in this simulation. I helped him up, asking if he was hurt. After he claimed he was alright, I went back to helping the victims. After that, I went back to Jiro to ask for more names.

"Honestly, Sakura, the other victims are trapped, and Yaoyorozu's team has got that handled. Go help them, "

I sighed in relief. I could finally do something. I teleported back, just in time to hear Izuku shouting at the two idiots. About time! They formed a cage of fire around him, while I slowly walked up to the villain, a crazy grin on my face. By the looks on Gang Orca's face, he was slightly intimidated.

"Do you want to know how it would be like to be beheaded?" I asked, holding out my hand threateningly, a black most swirling around my fingertips.

While he was seemingly alarmed, I opened up a portal below him, trapping him in the portal. Unable to hold him in the portal for long, I teleported him into the ground, his head sticking out. Just then, Izuku punched him.

"All the victims have been saved!"

I let out a sigh of relief. I glared at both Shoto and Yoarashi, teleporting them in front of me. I was absolutely fuming. They absolutely, without a doubt, failed. But that doesn't mean that they were going to get away without a scolding.

"You two! Yoarashi, you aren't even from our school, but I don't care! What were you guys even thinking? I would strangle you guys right now, but murder is frowned upon in all of Japan!" I screamed at them.

Both boys flinched, uttering their apologies. I think it was safe to say that after I screamed my lungs out at them, they finally got what they deserved. Later, we were called back to see who passed. As the names flashed across the screen, I scanned the screen for my name, cheering as I found my name at the last position, since it was according to names. I sighed in relief. At least I passed. As we were handed back the result slips, I grinned at the whopping 87 point, which was still nothing in comparison to Yaoyorozu's 94 points.

I congratulated Izuku, who looked like he was about to cry again. I smiled faintly at his enthusiasm, and he snapped a photo to send to his mom and All Might. I wish I had someone to share the news with. My mother wouldn't care. She never wanted to become a hero. She wanted me to become a doctor, or an engineer. I patted Izuku's black hair with green highlights. He reminded me of myself before my father's death. Bouncing with excitement, eyes lighting up with a light that shined brighter than the sun. I sighed, while Izuku looked at the hand on his head questioningly. I missed those days.

If I could pick anyone to be the main protagonist of a movie, I would be on the fence with Izuku and Shoto. Izuku had the drive, he had the love from his family, he had the power from All Might, he had the slightly sad sob story about being quirkless. On the other hand, Shoto had an extremely sad sob story, he had the anger from his father, he had the power. Yeah, I would choose Izuku.

I thought about the days before dad died. Unbeknownst to me, tears trickled down my cheeks. I touched my cheeks, the wetness on my hands informing me of my tearing state. Why was I crying? Izuku looked up, panic spreading across his face.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"No, you just remind me of someone who is dead."

He reminded me of myself when I was young when I was happy without forcing myself to be for my father's sake. He reminded me of the happy days I would have when my dad brought me to the park on the weekends and pushed me on the swings. He reminded me of when I was genuinely happy.

He reminded me of myself before dad died.