↳ chapter 12

All of us targeted Midoriya. Everyone was competing for the 10 million point headband. I gasped at the unexpected sight. Team Midoriya was flying. I was in front of all my team since I was the one with a teleportation quirk, it would be easy for all of them to touch me and teleport away. Soon enough, teams started laying off of Team Midoriya for a bit. We stock up behind them.

"I think things should be easier now, " I heard Midoriya say to his team.

"We'll be taking the 10 million points now, " Todoroki declared.

I looked around at the other teams. They all were going after Midoriya as well. What a pain. Todoroki and Kaminari quickly froze and electrocuted them, and I snatched some of their headbands in the process. Dark Shadow tried to attack our team, but it was quickly blocked by Kaminari's electricity. We fought hard and long, but it was hard to get through Team Midoriya's defense. With a minute left of the clock, we were all getting desperate.

"Guys, I haven't been training this ability much, but it should help, " I say. I focused all my attention on the headband on Midoriya's head. Slowly, a black most formed around it, and it disappeared from around his head, and onto Todoroki's neck.

"That was great Yumé-san!" Kaminari exclaimed.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm. However, we needed to worry about the team that was heading towards us at full speed. My body was exhausted from all the running, but I pushed it to the fullest. Team Midoriya charged at us at full speed, Midoriya using his power. My eyes widened. If he used his quirk, we would all be dead, since he didn't know how to control it.

"Shit, " I muttered when he neared Todoroki's fireside.

In an attempt to ward off Midoriya, Todoroki used his fire. However, Midoriya's quirk generates enough wind pressure to knock away Todoroki's left arm. I had never seen Todoroki use his fireside before, and judging by his shocked expression, he had never either. Midoriya grabbed one of the headbands around Todoroki's neck, thinking it was the 10 million points. I sighed in relief. With this little time in the clock and with Midoriya grabbing the wrong headband, we would win.

And that we did.

Our team came in first, Bakugo's team in second, a guy from general studies in third, and Midoriya's team in fourth. My eyebrows furrowed, and I felt my head and gasped. The cheeky little fucker.

He took my headband.

  It was now a noonday break and all of us were headed to the cafeteria. I was walking out of the Colosseum when I saw Todoroki pull Midoriya aside. I raised an eyebrow at this. I quickly walked over to Ochaco.

"I just saw Todoroki-kun pull Midoriya-kun aside, " I whispered to her.

She started sniggering for some unknown reason. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was she laughing? Like seriously, why? Did I say something wrong?

"What's so funny?" I asked, walking with her to the cafeteria.

"Oh nothing..." she smiled to herself.

One day, one day I would find out why she was so hysterical. But for now, we walked to the cafeteria, and I ordered a katsu curry don and say down with Iida and Ochaco.

"Hey guys, what did you think of the cavalry battle?" I asked, shoving spoonfuls of rice into my mouth.

We chatted happily, all having made it into the final round, which was a 1v1 tournament. Every year, they would always have a 1v1 tournament to battle it out. I looked at my watch. Midoriya was taking really long... What could be keeping him there? I pushed back my chair and returned my tray. I was going to find Midoriya.

I walked back to the place that I last saw both of them. I watched from afar as they talked, not wanting to interfere. Then I noticed Bakugo hiding behind the wall, listening in on their conversation. I approached the spiky-haired boy and tapped his shoulder. He jumped up and shouted, only for me to cover his mouth.

"Shut up. What's going on?" I whispered into his ear, releasing him.

He shook his head, signifying he wasn't going to tell me. I sighed and walked away. Why was I always kept in the dark? Why did Todoroki want to talk to Midoriya? I felt a little hurt that he was probably spilling out his guts to him and that he didn't tell me, but I did tell him to take his time. I walked over to Yaoyorozu, who was in a cheerleading costume.

"What's going on?" I asked dubiously.

"There's a cheerleading competition, according to Mineta-kun, " she replied.

I raised my eyebrow. Were they really that willing to believe that? I shrugged it off and walked away. These were the least of my concerns right now. Right now, I had to focus on winning the sports festival.

I looked for my name on the board. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw my name against Aoyama. I cringed. I didn't want to demolish his self-esteem, but since we were against one another, what must be done, must be done. I headed up to the stands to watch the first battle between Midoriya and a guy from general studies who had purple hair. I looked at the combination oddly. I was scared that Midoriya would injure himself with his own quirk since he didn't have full control over it yet. However, all I could do was sit back and watch.

As I watched, Midoriya willingly headed towards the outside of the ring. I sighed. Mind control was a cool quirk, but unless Midoriya's will was extremely strong, he was definitely going to lose. I glared at Midoriya. This was the boy I had admired for so long.

Don't make me lose hope in you, Midoriya.

That was it. I snapped. I couldn't just watch Midoriya walk across the line.

"Midoriya! You can do this!" I shouted from the stands. People sent weird looks at me, but I didn't care.

A small explosion happened at the freckled boy's fingertips, causing him to break out of the trance. He quickly pushed the general studies guy, Shinso Hitoshi, out of the line. I smiled.

Midoriya won.