↳ chapter 31

"Great use of his quirk, with these surroundings, " Shoto noted out loud.

"Now isn't the time to compliment the enemy, goddamn it!" I shouted back it the boy while I clutched my arm in pain.

There was gas in the way of retreat as well. They had us surrounded. The only way we could retreat was to either defeat them, or teleport away. But even if we escaped, this metal teeth guy would attack others. We had to defeat him. Despite my injury, I didn't rest, I continued to attack him. All of a sudden, Dark Shadow appeared out of nowhere and raced towards us.

"Use your flames!"

Just as Shoto was about to use them, I held him back, pointing at the metal teeth guy. We could kill two birds with one stone. As predicted, Dark Shadow started attacking the guy until he was really banged up. I let Shoto use his flames, and Dark Shadow immediately simmered down. While we were struggling with the villain, they managed to take him down in just a few hits. I started to get dizzy and realized that blood was still seeping out of the slit in my arm.

"Here, let me help you, "

Shoto tore off part of his jacket, wrapping it in a tourniquet above my wounds. I tried moving them, and winced in pain when I put pressure on my leg when trying to stand up. Izuku, upon seeing that I couldn't teleport immediately formulated a plan on getting us all to safety.

After Izuku explained his plan on how we were going to get back, since I was severely weakened with my injury, we started walking. I clutched onto my arm. I had lost too much blood to teleport properly, and if I did, I would probably end up only teleporting part of myself away. It was too dangerous for me to lose even more blood. I fell down on my arse when I walked a step further. Seeing that I was in no condition of walking, Shoto came up to me.

"Do you want me to carry you?" he asked bluntly.

  Damn, during these kinds of situations, he was so... Serious. It was kind of hot- Not the time! I nodded my head, a pink blush dusting across my cheeks. Shoto hoisted me up onto his back. My vision started feeling foggy. No, I couldn't start falling dozing off right now. Now wasn't the time. Suddenly, I felt as though my body was being compressed into a tiny ball.

  I was helpless.

••

  Mr. Compress was specifically told to bring Yumé Sakura and Bakugo Katsuki. According to Shigiraki, Bakugo was a useful weapon, and Yumé was just a better version of Kurogiri. Neither of them deserved to be on the heroes side. If Yumé was on the hero's side, it would be easy for the heroes to teleport anywhere they wanted, and Dabi also contributing to the fact that she had an open mind. If Bakugo were on the hero's side, they would be a hell lot more stronger.

"Give them back!" Izuku shouted.

  Shigiraki warned them about this boy. He was on his personal kill list, and he said if they had the chance, to murder him. The two compressed teenagers who were compressed fell from Mr. Compress' grip. Shoto reached out to catch the balls the size of spheres, but Dabi got there before him. He grinned. He quite liked the girl, and severely hoped that she would join them.

  The two spheres decompressed, turning into two teenagers. One with a murderous look on his face, and the other with a terrified yet drowsy expression. All of the villains disappeared into the portal, which closed before any of the teens could get to them.

"Kacchan!"

"Sakura!"

  Shoto and Izuku were distraught. Sakura was like the light in his everyday life, while Kacchan had been with Izuku since childhood. For them to be ripped out of their grasps by villains... It was traumatic.

  Meanwhile, the League of Villains came back from their expedition with the two teens. Sakura attempted to teleport out of there, but in a split second, her world turned dark. Shigiraki had been waiting for them, an evil grin across his face. He immediately chained up the two teens, and had Kurogiri tend to the girl's wounds. Everything was going according to plan. People's distrust in U.A. grew from the attack, and with the news of the kidnapping of two teenagers, it was bound to send parents into worry.

  Everything was going how Shigiraki wanted it to.

••

  I drowsily opened my eyes, groaning in pain. My whole body was aching, save it for my arm and my thigh, which were searing with a white-hot pain. I didn't felt like this since Hosu City, but Hosu City wasn't that long ago either. I looked up, my vision was slightly blurry. When I tried to move my hands, they stayed locked in the same place. For some reason, this caused me to finally jolt up, aware that I was literally chained up. This was easy, I could just teleport away when I wanted to. I scanned my surroundings. It looked like the League of Villain's secret hideout was in a bar? And what the hell was Dabi doing here- oh right, he was a villain. I mentally slapped herself. All of the eyes were on me, causing me to shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Aight, anyone care to explain why the hell I'm chained up like we about to do some voodoo magic?" I asked dubiously.

Also, I tried to activate my quirk by teleporting out, but it wasn't working. I struggled against the chains that were holding me down. The guy with the baby blue hair and the hand across his face was grinning sadistically at my inability to use my power.

"Going somewhere?"

I growled at him. Did he remove my quirk somehow or something, or give me a drug to null the effect of my quirk? Whatever it was, I couldn't use my quirk in that moment. Chained up against literally stone, I couldn't help but feel useless.

So useless.