↳ chapter 30

I sat down next to Shoto. Izuku wasn't here, making me question where on earth the boy was. It's not like he could have gotten kidnapped or anything, we were literally in the middle of nowhere. But I still had a bad feeling. Not about Izuku, but the training camp. Nothing stayed this peaceful forever, especially with this being a Hero vs Villain world. I scooped the curry rice into my mouth, letting out a content noise. Izuku finally came back from wherever he was, without his plate.

"What did you do now Izuku? I was worried!" I fussed.

  I stopped when I realized how tired the boy was. And he didn't look like he was going to cook another plate. I looked down at mine, not even half-eaten. I shoved my plate at him, telling him to take care of it while I cooked him another batch. I swore under my breath like the first time.

This kid is going to be the death of me.

"No slacking off, come on!" Aizawa-sensei shouted at us from above.

"Whatever you do, always keep in mind where you came from. That's the meaning of improvement. Always keep in mind the reason that you're sweating and why I'm yelling at you, " Aizawa-sensei continued.

Where I came from...

I growled, opening-up two portals at once. If I wanted to be a hero, I needed to improve myself. As Shoto shot his fire at me, I opened up a portal in front of him, directing the fire behind him, which he narrowly dodged, whilst teleporting around the whole area, training my teleporting quirk to go faster. In fact, I could probably save more people per second if I just managed to get better. I needed to train my stamina.

"Try me, bi-"

  I narrowly dodged his fire, letting my guard down for a second. He was only more determined to beat me, I hoped. And by the way that his attacks we're getting faster and faster, I'd say that what I hoped for was true.

  After Ashido, Kaminari, Kirishima, Sero, and Sato were pulled away by Aizawa-sensei, we were going to do the courage test, and 1-B was declared to be the scarers first. I had a bad feeling about this, but that was probably just me chickening out. After drawing lots, I was going to be on team 2. With Shoto. I pitied Izuku, being paired with Bakugo.

"Team 2, Todoroki and Yumé, go!"

  I shivered in my steps. Something felt so... Off. Shot, realizing that I was shivering, offered me a hand. My eyes widened. Why?

"If you're scared, then you can just hold my hand, " he clarified.

  Secretly, the boy was mentally screaming at himself for doing that. I hesitantly took his hand, a blush spreading across both of our cheeks. I looked away from him and walked along the path. Suddenly, a head popped up from the ground. I let out a yelp, staggering backward slightly. Shoto's hand still in mine, my heartfelt... Warm. We continued walking along the path.

  Suddenly, a purple haze headed towards us, one of the 1-B scarers fainting in front of us, Shoto hauled the boy on his back, and we booked it. We ran for our lives, until we reached a clearing where there was no gas. We stopped there for a second, and I completely forgot that I could just use my powers. Suddenly, a man who was wrapped in full black except for his mouth targeted us. His teeth extended, and upon closer inspection, it was metal.

"Shoto, give me the boy and fight with your ice! We don't want to risk burning down the forest even further!" I shouted.

  Shot quickly passed me the boy, and I had teleported to the classroom area, knowing Aizawa-sensei was there. I put down the boy in the classroom in front of Vlad King and quickly teleporting back to Shoto.

"Sorry that I took so long, " I smirked.

  At this point, I might have to create clones of myself to save the other kids. That's when we received a telepathic message.

Two of the villain's targets have been discovered! It's two of the students, Kacchan and Sakura! Also, you're allowed to use your quirks in self-defence!

  My eyes widened. What did this have to do with me? Like literally, why me? Well, it's not like they could catch me anyways without sedating me. I stood by Shoto, fighting the guy with metal teeth. Upon hearing the message, Shoto's eyes widened.

"Teleport out of here! It's too risky for you, " he warned.

  I grunted, dodging the metal teeth guy. Did he seriously think I would abandon him and let him deal with everyone himself? Oh hell no. I stood my ground, shaking my head at him. Then I remembered, the dagger in my boot! Not only had I put it in my hero costume, but also in my normal boots in case anything went wrong. I reached down to my boot to take out the dagger, only to feel nothing there.

  My eyes widened. Had someone stole my dagger? No way that anyone knew. Then I was hit with a pang of realization.

6 hours earlier

"Sakura-chan, we're going to be late for training!"

  I accidentally woke up 10 minutes later than usual, which meant that I definitely didn't have enough time to brush my teeth and such. I hurried downstairs, popping a mint into my mouth. I was tempted to take the boots with my dagger in them but realized that we were in a training camp. I was positive that I wouldn't need them.

Present

  Dammit. Why was I so naive? I teleported behind the villain and kicked him in the head, teleporting swiftly the second he turned around. Just because I didn't have a weapon, didn't mean that I could hold them off. I continued to hold off the villain, until one of its teeth pierced through my arm where my injury was, and my thigh. I hissed in pain.

Please, someone, hurry!