↳ chapter 3

All of us stared at the yellow creature. Then, it started molting. Out stepped the man that I shaggy man I had met the other day. I rolled my eyes. So it was him, huh? After introducing himself as 'Aizawa-Sensei', his face curved into a malicious grin.

"Change into your attire. Meet in the field by 10 if you don't want detention, "

  Immediately, we all scrambled out of the class to the changing rooms, his words having an instantaneous impact on us. No one wanted detention on the first day of school. I quickly pulled my tracksuit over my body, before I scampered down to the field, where our sensei was already waiting.

"Good. You're down early. Wait for your classmates so that I don't have to tell you all one by one, " he simply said, turning away from me as though my face was a disgusting sight to look at. I mean, I kind of agree.

After boring myself to death by waiting for my classmates, they all finally came down. While the boys trickled down one by one, the girls came as one whole pack, making me assume that they probably waited for one another. I groaned.

"Can we start with the physical assessment already?" I said, fidgeting on the spot. I was practically bursting with excitement.

  Aizawa-Sensei raised an eyebrow as if to challenge my theory. Based on how he was looking at me, I was probably his least favorite student already. Well, at least I had my back up plan of bribery in case he tried to expel me.

"Today we're doing a quick assessment test, " he simply said.

  Everyone jumped in shock. A quirk assessment test? On the first day? Everyone looked at him as though he grew a second head. They immediately started protesting, but once he explained it further, they all rejoiced. I too was bouncing on my toes, enthusiasm filling my body. I had a playful smirk on my face. I wasn't going to play easy.

  The first test we had was a 50-meter dash, which was pretty simple for me. I focused on the end line and teleported the second Aizawa-Sensei announced the start.

"0.2 seconds, " he said lazily, looking at the stopwatch.

  Meanwhile, my opponent behind me looked furious. The spiky blonde screamed while blasting himself forward with the explosions coming out of his hands. It was a neat quirk, but it was too bad that I beat him this round.

"Die!" he screeched, reaching the finish line. Did I say I was scared for my life? No? Well, the more you know.

"4.13 seconds, " our sensei said in a monotonous tone.

  He glared at me as if to say 'you're next', causing me to gulp in fear. I did not want to die today.

  The next test was grip strength. I couldn't cheat my way out of this with my quirk this time, so I simply relied on my own strength. I looked down at the marking, raising my eyebrows at the score. 73.5kg. Holy shit, I was strong for my age.

  I looked over at Dupliarms on the other side, watching others marvel over his 540.0kg score. I hadn't had a chance at this test, silently praying that the next one would fit my capabilities. And as though God heard my prayers, the next test was Standing Long Jump.

  I heaved a sigh of relief. I jumped over the sandbox, teleporting over the sandbox before I landed. A smug expression was fitted across my face. Hey, who said I couldn't be egotistical sometimes?

  Next, up was repeated sidestep, which one of the boys on the shorter side of class, Mineta, excelled in. I repeatedly teleported from the left and to the right, my total being 132. A smirk crept onto my face.

  Then came the ball throw, another one I couldn't use my powers on but could marvel at others' ability to use it. After my turn, was the boy that showed his heroic capabilities during the entrance exam. I silently rooted for the boy. I noticed at the entrance exam that he couldn't use his quirk without being injured, so when I saw him pull the arm back to use all the strength in his petite body, I flinched and looked away, only to hear a soft thud. I turned around, and our sensei's hair was floating and his eyes were glowing red. My head turned to the position where the ball was at. I raised my eyebrow. 32 meters? Then it all clicked. Our sensei was the underground pro-hero, Eraser Head! I facepalmed at my stupidity for not noticing. He lectured Freckles for not being able to use his quirk without getting injured. I silently thanked him for not letting Freckles injure himself. I was slightly worried about Freckles. He wasn't doing too well on the other tests, and I didn't want him to get expelled so soon. When I was doing research on U.A., I heard that Aizawa-Sensei expelled his whole class of first year's last year. I shivered at the thought of Freckles being expelled. He had a determined look upon his face. I was in awe of how he jumped headfirst into a fight, just to save the girl.

Don't give up yet Freckles, I'm counting on you.

  I bit my nails and watched. I hoped Freckles had a brain and knew what I was thinking. As long as he didn't immobilize himself, he was in the clear. I watched as he threw the ball without his power, and at the last second used his quirk on one of his fingers, making the ball go flying. I smiled at the action and cheered along with the girl I was sitting next to, Uraraka. However, there was one who was not so happy to see Freckles pass.

"DEKU!" the blonde roared.

  So his name was Deku? No... Deku was an insult for 'useless person'... But to me, it kind of sounded like Dekiru, which meant 'I can do anything'. I kind of like how I just turned an insult into a compliment, but I didn't get too worked up about it. I would talk to him after class.

  For the next 2 tests, I did not too bad. Sit-ups and sit and reach weren't too hard, especially when I was in ballet. I won't when I was young, after finding out I got an injury from it that sent me to physiotherapy and would last me a lifetime if I didn't fix it. I sighed. I kind of liked ballet. However, now was not the time to mourn over the loss of my hobby.

  When Aizawa-Sensei's lesson was over, the blond guy purposely bumped shoulders with me, exceptionally hard may I say, and made a 'tch' sound. This kid seemed to hate 'Deku'. I was keen to question Freckles later about this.

  Freckles finally came up after what seemed like forever. I immediately clung onto him like a leech. Why? Because I was inspired by him. Also because I wanted to make friends with the boy who I knew was truly good at heart, unlike that rude blonde boy.

  When school was dismissed, Freckles was packing his bag, and his Uraraka and Iida went up to him, to walk with him back home. I awkwardly shuffled to their group.

"Hey... I'm Yumé Sakura. How are you guys?" I said with a hint of a smile on my face.

"Oh- uh... We're fine, thanks, " Freckles replied for the group.

  I asked them if they wanted to walk home together, and they accepted it. I quickly learned their names. Freckles were Midoriya Izuku, the brunette was Uraraka Ochaco, and as I already knew, the sharp boy was Iida Tenya. I smiled at the new acquaintances that I had made and chatted happily.

"Midoriya-Kun, why did that blondie call you 'Deku'?" I asked curiously.

  Midoriya shamefully bowed his head, explaining it was an insult from the blonde that he referred to as 'Kacchan', meaning loud, explosive, or even powerful. I felt bad for the poor boy who had treated the blonde like a good, while the blonde treated him like a pebble.

"Personally, I like the name 'Deku'. It sounds like that word that means you can do anything, " Uraraka-san highlighted.

  Damn, she took the words right out of my mouth. Upon hearing this, Midoriya immediately accepted the nickname: Deku. I was glad that she was able to make him feel better. It felt nice, to have acquaintances.

  I dare say that I'd call them, my friends.