↳ chapter 24

I fidgeted nervously on the spot. There was no way I could deal with the 0 point robot. When the bus dropped us off at the exam area, I was slightly confused. Why were all the teachers here? What was going on? I saw a wicked smirk plastered across Aizawa-sensei's face, and I could only assume the worst.

Ashido and Kaminari were elated. Since their quirks were extremely destructive, they wouldn't have to worry about anything when dealing with the 0 point robot. However, their enthusiasm was soon replaced by a look of horror, when a small rodent jumped out of Aizawa-sensei's scarf and announced the 6 ghastly words.

"You're going to be fighting us, "

I thought Ashido and Kaminari had died, as their faces paled considerably. The pink bubbly girl and the lively blonde boy were now replaced by 2 white statues, unmoving and unalive.

Although it meant the worst to Kaminari and Ashido, it was the best of news to me. I could simply teleport to the exit and skedaddle.

But where's the fun in that?

We were working in pairs, so I silently prayed that I would be working with someone tolerable, or someone I knew. But based on the fact that the teachers were grouping us, it was unlikely. I just needed my partner to deal with me until I handcuffed the teacher. So please God pair me with someone good-natured and-

"Yaoyorozu and Todoroki against me, Aoyama and Yumé against Vlad King, "

Okay, maybe running would be the best option. Since Vlad King could control his own blood, it would be ideal that I ran. I stood next to Aoyama and gave him a thumbs up. He flashed me a charming grin in return, his hands over his head.

On the other hand, my heart clenched when I heard that Yaoyorozu was paired with Shoto. I didn't hate the girl or anything, but I was jealous. Even I was able to see that. I groaned. Lately, I've been acting weird. My heart clenches every time I see him with Yaoyorozu. I mean, she was smart, capable, attractive, rich... I was just some weird-ass girl who liked to smile and cheer up people. And I was batshit crazy. I could see why Shoto would like Yaoyorozu more than me.

I gaped when I realized why. Oh. It's because I'm scared to lose my friend to her. I was satisfied with that answer and walked to Aoyama to plan what to do. I had no time to obsess over friends and jealousy. Now was the time to shine. Like Aoyama's hero name - Can't Stop Twinkling.

"Alright, Aoyama-kun, I know you might not want to listen to me and is it, but listen, " I paused, mentally slapping myself for contradicting myself. Well, at least it caught Aoyama's attention.

"So I'm going to teleport to the exit, and I want you to keep Vlad King distracted, since I need to focus all my attention on teleporting. Got it?" I told him the plan. Aoyama shot me a dazzling smile.

"D'accord, " he gave me a thumbs up.

Now, it was time to put our plan into action.

I started at the visuals of Yaoyorozu running. I sighed at the monitors. Shoto really fucked up this time. Even I could tell from here he practically shut her down the second she was about to talk. I looked at one monitor, where Shoto was hanging by Aizawa-sensei's scarf weapons. I looked away, knowing Shoto had learned his mistake. I pitied the poor girl who had low self-esteem. I physically punched myself in the face, much to Izuku's shock, for even being jealous of the girl. I wanted to give her one big hug and kick Shoto in the balls, yet my eyes were glued to the monitors, completely helpless.

I decided to change into my hero costume, and when I got back, I saw the two standing there, victorious. I saw the small smile on Shoto's face, and it hurt. But as long as he was happy, I was happy. After all, what mattered the most was people's happiness.

I met up with Aoyama, recapping the plan with him. The rich boy assured me that it would be fine, and I stopped obsessing over it. Besides, I needed to have some trust in my teammate.

  As we stepped into the arena, Vlad King was already waiting in the middle, and he wasn't running anywhere. As soon as we were given the clear, Aoyama shot lasers at the pro-hero, and I teleported to the exit. What I did not expect, was that the exit would be blocked by a wall of blood. I tried to find an opening, but to no avail. I would need Aoyama's help.

  I teleported back to Aoyama, putting my hand and teleporting him to the exit. He shot it, not even noticing that he had been teleported, and the blood wall shattered. I ran through the exit in glee. That was a lot easier than I had expected. I put my hand up so that Aoyama could give me a high-five, but he was crouched over, as though someone had kicked him in the stomach. My attitude immediately switched over from triumphant to anxious, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm teleporting us to Recovery Girl, " I attempted to soothe his nerves, teleporting us to the viewing gallery where Recovery Girl was.

  I left Aoyama with Recovery Girl, and went to find my other friends. I sighed. That test was a bit too easy. They should have paired me with someone like Hagakure, who didn't have an offensive ability, then it would be near impossible to break down the blood wall. As these thoughts clouded my head, I wasn't watching where I was going. I walked out of the building and sat on the steps outside.

  I felt a hand on my back, rubbing circles into it. I relaxed a bit, looking up to find out who it was. I looked up, not expecting to see a man with spiky jet black hair, burn scars almost everywhere on his being. But who was I to judge?

"You okay? You look a bit sad, " he asked, sitting down on the steps with me. I nodded my head. Why was I even talking to this random stranger? I didn't even know.

"Yeah. I'm just jealous of a certain girl, " I sighed.

"Not to be rude or anything, but who are you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I'm a villain."