↳ chapter 14

I stared wide-eyed at the boys. Sure enough, Todoroki was using his fire quirk. His left side of his torso lit up, burning half of his shirt away. I looked at the match in awe. Midoriya had finally brought Todoroki's fire out, and it glowed in the contrast of the ice stricken field. The boys lunged at each other, and cement walls rose up between them. But the cement was no match for the determination of the boys.

It was majestic. A massive explosion erupted in the middle. Todoroki had mixed his ice and fire. The field was completely obliterated. As the dust cleared, I held my breath in anticipation.

"Midoriya is out! Todoroki wins!" Midnight announced.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, my voice lost in the sea of cheers. A grin was plastered across my face. I would have been happy either way, but Todoroki had finally used his firepower. And to me, that was all that mattered. I silently thanked Deku for helping out my friend.

I went down to congratulate Todoroki, but I saw him talking to Endeavor. My face froze in fear. The firey man was talking to his son about his performance.

"I see that you've finally snapped out of that childish rejection. Are you ready to join me?" Endeavor's loud voice boomed.

My heart broke. I had kept this a secret, but I hated Endeavor with a burning passion. I never wanted to tell Todoroki, since he was his son, but now that Todoroki was about to join Endeavor, my heart had shattered. When I was younger, I loved Endeavor, the number 2 hero. But one day, when I asked him for an autograph, he knocked the pen and paper out of my hands, like how he knocked me to the ground.

"You're in my way, " those words rung in my head. I was sure that I wasn't the only kid who he had treated like that, so I was certain that he treated his son with the same dreadfulness, which led me to not judge Todoroki.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Todoroki was his father's child- no, weapon. I slowly walked away, until I heard Todoroki's voice very clearly.

"No. I just was reminded by a friend that this is my fire quirk, not your quirk, "

Maybe I wasn't wrong. I smiled through the tears that watered in my eyes. He was standing up for himself. I slowly wiped away the tears and turned the corner to face Todoroki.

"Hey, peppermint boy, I was wondering where you were, " I plastered on my infamous smirk.

The scarred boy shot me a grateful look, and we both walked away from the man called 'Endeavor'. He stood there, dumbfounded, that his child had just walked away from him like that. And he swore that he would find out who that girl was who was holding back Shoto.

"Shouldn't you be preparing for your match, Yumé-san?" Todoroki asked, perplexed.

I clicked my tongue on the roof of my mouth, waving my index finger in front of his face. I smiled with a lopsided grin.

"Call me Sakura. After all, aren't we friends, Todoroki-Kun?" I asked joyously.

"Well, then it's only fair that you call me Shoto, " he said in response.

My heart warmed. He was finally warming up to me. I internally screeched, my heart doing backflips. I dragged him to recovery girl's temporary office, reprimanding him on the way for his recklessness.

"Oh dear, you boys mustn't be so irresponsible!" Recovery Girl chastised them.

I left with a goodbye and a smile to both of the boys, wishing both of them the best. I skipped happily to the waiting room, waiting for my next opponent. Tokoyami would be a tough opponent, especially with Dark Shadow. I sighed. If only there was some way that I could get light. I mean, I was already at an advantage because it was morning, but I needed a full-proof plan to beat him. Before I knew it, it was time to go up, and I was up, with no plan whatsoever. I just had to hope that luck was on my side today.

I stepped out of into the dark hall, the light illuminating at the end. I finally broke through the dark hall into the light, where I saw everyone watching me. My friends, my classmates, pro-heroes... I took in a deep breath of air. I hadn't realized how scary this was the first time. Why was I suddenly freezing up?

"On one side, we have Tokoyami Fumikage, the dark and mysterious boy, who has Dark Shadow as a quirk. It acts as both offense and defense, " I heard Present Mic announced, which only sen shivers down my spine.

"And on the other, we have Yumé Sakura, the beautiful and smart girl, who's quirk is teleportation!" Present Mic hyped up the crowd.

Cheers rang out throughout the gigantic Colosseum. I glared at the boy in front of me. I was going to end this, fast. I would win. This sudden burst of confidence hit me hard, but it hit some assurance into me. Izuku, Shoto, Ochaco, Iida... They were all watching.

  My face immediately darkened as the thought of them entered my mind. I was going to show them that I was strong. I couldn't let them see me falter. I didn't want all my training with Shoto to go to waste, after all.

"Fight!"

  I dashed towards Tokoyami, and teleported as soon as I saw Dark Shadow headed towards me. I had an extra second left in which Tokoyami and Dark Shadow were distracted, so I quickly teleported behind his back and kicked him down. He winced in pain, but did not go down easily. Dark shadow immediately went racing after me, in which I had to bolt. I teleported myself around the arena in various places to distract it, and quickly teleported back to Tokoyami and started fighting him. I put my hand on his arm and teleported him out of the ring. I huffed and puffed at the amount of energy I had used.

"Yumé wins!"