↳ chapter 23

Everyone was stressing about the final exams, myself excluded. I was nervous, but exams had never really been a problem for me. Well, that was until I realized that we had practical exams. I was screwed. I had not been keeping up my training ever since I got back, Shoto insisting that I shouldn't do anything too drastic since I got stabbed. I did get is solvable stitching, and it had been weeks since the accident, so they deemed it okay for me to attend the practical exam, much to my dismay.

"Shoto..." I groaned, turning my chair so that the back faced him, my head lolling on the backing of the chair upside down and my eyes rolled backward.

I held my test paper in his face. On the paper, the numbers 98/100 was etched there in red ink. He blinked at it, before pushing it back to me. He held his test paper, with a 63/100 scribbled hastily on his. My eyes widened. I mean, I knew it was a stressful period for all, especially with USJ and the Hero Killer, but I didn't expect him to get that low. I jolted up in my seat, turning around to face him.

"Alright, we're going to my house to study this time, " I declared, a smirk evident on my face.

"Sorry, I already agreed to study with the rest at Yaoyorozu-chan's place, " he shot down my request.

For some reason, my heart clenched at this. What was going on? Why was I feeling this way? Was I... Jealous? I guess I was, especially since I had wanted to study with him. I huffed, my jealousy getting the better of me.

"Fine. I'll test you to see if you learned anything, if you haven't, I'll make you study with me, " I asserted.

He shrugged his shoulders at my desperate attempt to get him to study. What was wrong with me? Bad Sakura, bad! I just threatened him and indirectly insulted Yaoyorozu's teaching. How the hell did I even get 2nd in the whole class?

I went home, by myself, since Shoto was studying, and I flopped down on my bed. How was I going to test him? Perhaps I could form an exam paper... Yeah that would be cool. I got up from my bed and started writing on blank pieces of paper different questions that were for our level. Before I knew it, hours had ticked by, and I was 20 pages in. I had also written an answer key for my own reference, if I got stuck on any of them. I looked down at my work, proud of it, before dusting my hands and packing the work into my bag.

Let's see how Shoto would fare against this hell of an exam paper.

The next day at school, I tucked the exam paper under his desk and prayed that he would see it. I even left a note on the front of it so that he would know that it was me. My leg bounced rhythmically in enthusiasm, wanting to see how the candy cane haired boy would do. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, my classmates flooded into the class, chatting about the finals. It seemed like the hot topic now was that, and I was glad that the Hero Killer gossip had been swept over.

Just then, my favorite peppermint boy walked into class, his backpack slung over his shoulder. I mentally swooned at him. What was wrong with me? Why would I even do that? I slapped myself. This was so stupid. I didn't even like him like that! Right? I groaned internally. I should probably get myself checked out.

  Shoto said down in his seat and noticed the bundle of papers underneath his desk. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, wondering what on earth it was. Reading the title on the front page, a hint of a smile crept onto his face.

Top 294720 exam questions
by Yumé Sakura

  He couldn't help but smile at the kind gesture. He flipped through the test paper, looking at all the stars scribbled on and highlighted questions when they were important, as they may come out for the exam. He looked at the first questions, his smile growing bigger as he noticed the smiley face next to it, with a small note.

Remember to simplify the numerals, x, then y!

  His heart did a small backflips. He had a minor hunch that the emotion he was feeling was not just adoration. Never in his life did anyone take the time and effort to purposely go out of their do something for him, so he treasured the exam paper greatly.

  Meanwhile, I sat in my seat and watched from the corner of my eye as the boy flipped through the paper, a tiny smile evident on his face. I grinned. My mission was a success. I would do anything to see the smile on his face. Besides, he looked charming when he smiled.

Oh shit, I did not just admit that, did I?

  The clicking of pens and rustling of papers could be heard from the classroom. I twirled my pen in my fingers, occasionally resting my index finger on my lip to think. I quickly jotted down the answers to each paper, staring long and hard at the questions. I answered the questions with ease, finishing the paper in record timing. I flipped open my paper to check it, putting a small tick in pencil beside the questions I had checked. I grinned down at the paper. I was positive that I got the majority of the questions right.

"Pens down, " Aizawa-sensei said, a lazy grin across his face.

  Multiple groans could be heard in all corners, but I wasn't too worried about the written exam. Oh no, I was worried about the practical exam. All of our seniors had been warning us that it would be the 0 point robot from the entrance exam, which lead me to fear for my life. Especially since I couldn't just teleport on its head and rip out some wires.

I was so screwed for the practical.