↳ chapter 39

"Who are you betting on?" Kaminari asked.

  Jiro rested her head on her arm which was on the wooden bar.

"Yumé. Obviously. She's got a warp quirk, for god's sake, "

"I dunno. Shoto's really strong, he won't give up without a fight."

"Oh, they won't need a fight. Trust me, " Jiro grinned.

  Jiro had seen Yumé's quirk in action before. One time, she'd occasionally look over, to see her casually beheading Ectoplasm's clones, or sending the clones into an endless void. This fight was going to be over in no time.

  Meanwhile, with Sakura and Shoto, they had squared up against each other. Shoto shot out his right arm, shooting ice at her. Meanwhile, Sakura simply opened a portal and the other end of the portal behind him, forcing him to jump out of the way. She was just going to toy with him for a little bit. Just a little. She chuckled at her tried to get closer to her, continuously shooting ice and fire. She didn't expect him to use his fire so openly against her, but nonetheless, it was fun. Shot knew he wasn't going to get any hits on her from a long distance. He ran at her, only for her to capture him in a portal. At this point, her quirk was literally too overpowered. Her human-sized portals, though, came with consequences.

  She was starting to feel nauseated, a headache killing her. She coughed out a bit of blood, which was probably a sign that she needed to let him out of the portal. She opened it, causing him to fall with a bang on the grass, staining his clothes. She teleported next to him.

"I win, " she grinned, helping him up.

  Kaminari looked at the scene with a shocked look. Jiro thought he looked exactly like that shocked Pikachu face, chuckling at it. She held out her hand for the money, while staring at the two spar from a distance. Kaminari looked baffled, reluctantly putting the money in her outstretched hand.

  Sakura and Shoto got back to sparring, but this time, without Sakura's overpowered quirk. Shoto was embarrassed to say, but he was glad that she was at least talking to him again while fighting. Lately, he couldn't get her off of his mind. She had been the only thing on his mind. She had no idea how much it hurt to be ignored. She had absolutely no clue. And Shoto wasn't planning on telling. At least she was happy.

Blissfully peaceful, yet so ignorant.

••

  I wrapped my legs around his torso, pulling him down to the ground and turning over, pinning him down. Shoto kicked me in the stomach, causing me to stumble backward. I hadn't sparred with him since before training camp. I felt so... Relieved, in some sense. I missed sparring with him, one on one with no quirks. He pinned me down on the grass.

"I win, " he pants.

  I blushed at the closeness and awkwardness, not having gotten used to it even after being in this position more than once during training with Shoto. Suddenly, I heard a camera click. I looked up, my eye twitching at Ochaco who was holding her phone camera meekly. I actually kicked Shoto off of me in desperation, chasing after Ochaco.

"OCHACO!" I screeched, chasing her down the halls.

  I would never trade this family called class 1-A for the world.

  I marveled at the outfit. Hatsume really outdid herself. I put the outfit on, which fit on me snugly. Hatsume squealed, introducing additional functions she had put on by herself, which she really didn't need to, but did so anyway.

"Anyways, you didn't have a weapon at the training camp, and you talked to me about your side-effects of overusing your quirk. So I made around 26 small pockets that could hold little weapons, or money, or your phone, or- or-or-" she cried out in excitement, holding my hands, jumping up and down.

  I joined her in this motion, squealing and hugging her. She really outdid herself. I absolutely loved talking to her about my costume, and she even gave me her number in case I ever needed to contact her to ask her for gadgets. I thanked her, walking out of the design lab with my suit in the case. I returned it to the classroom, walking back to the dorms. I collapsed on my bed. Today, I wasn't letting anyone steal my book. Not even a chance. I shut myself in my room, whipping out my book to read.

  Abruptly, the door slammed open, causing me to jump back. At my doorframe were the 1-A girls. I could already tell that this was going to be bad. They were in their pajamas, sleeping bags in hand. Why did I have a really bad feeling about this?

"We're going to have a sleepover in the living room!"

  Yep, I called it. Not really having a choice, I dragged my pillow and my warm blanket down to the living room. The living room had already been set up, a bunch of pillows and blankets on the floor already. I knew what we were going to talk about.

"So, Sakura, do you like Todoroki?" Ochaco asked, trying to get it out of me.

There was absolutely no point in denying it. One way or another, they would rip me open and force it out of me. I sighed. But at the same time, did I really want to tell them? They would probably do something stupid like trying to make Shoto fall in love with me.

"Yep, " I blurted out. What was I thinking? I literally just set my death bed.

  The girls had enormous, devious, grins on their faces. I had a really bad feeling about it. Why on earth did I say that? Ochaco squealed, Asui ribbited, Ashido jumped up punching the air, Yaoyorozu's grin got wider, Hagakure was hugging Jiro, who's grin only got even more shred. I had never felt fear like this before. My gender was scary.

"Guys, calm down. I don't think he likes me back at all, " I sighed.

  The girls' grins dropped, glaring at me like I just ate the last cookie in the cookie jar or something. All of them gave me the 'are you serious' look, Ochaco and Ashido facepalming. Okay... I was definitely missing out on something here.

"He likes you back, dipshit, " Jiro said, breaking the silence.