↳ chapter 5

I strolled to school, the 5-minute walk stretching into a 15-minute walk when I had stopped by a kitten. I cooed at the dirty black and white cat, deciding to bring him along, not wanting the feline to starve. I fed it some of my rice from my bento. I carried the kitty to the school when I was suddenly ambushed by reporters, causing me to jump back.

"Can you tell us about All Might?"

"Is he a good teacher?"

"What is it like to attend classes under All Might?"

Ah, so that's what they were there for. The kitten in my arms snarled at them, waving its claws threatening at them. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. The cute angelic kitten sent from heaven resting in my arms turned into a demon the second the press arrived. However, the reporters still pestered me.

"All Might is a good teacher, he saved my life during training when I was being reckless, " I said, smiling.

After feeding them that comment, the reporters were hungry for more. I scampered into the school, protecting the kitten from the hungry reporters. I saw Uraraka sneak into the school, heaving a sigh of relief when she finally made it past the gate.

"Rough day?" I asked, petting the cute cat. I think I was going to name it Kai.

"Yeah... The press kept chasing me for a statement. Luckily Iida-Kun saved me, " she replied with the joyous smile on her face.

"That's nice. Oh yeah, I brought a cat! I found it on the street, it looked so sad, " I pouted.

Uraraka frowned. I could tell that the problem wasn't that she didn't like the Kai, so I immediately asked her what was wrong.

"Are you allowed to bring the cat in?" she asked hesitantly, not wanting to anger me.

"I dunno, but I'm keeping it!" I announced, prancing into school with the delicate kitten in my arms.

As I walked into school, I noticed that Aizawa-Sensei was in the way. I tried to teleport, but the second he spotted me, he disabled my powers.

"What is that in your hands?" Aizawa-Sensei asked in a scary tone that matched his glowing red eyes.

"Its a kitten!" I announced, spinning it around. The cat didn't look like it liked being my play toy, glaring at me.

I was scared that Aizawa-Sensei was going to put me in detention for bringing a cat on school grounds, but he looked at it with his eyes to check if it was a person with a quirk. When he finally proved it was a cat, he looked at me strictly.

"I'll let you go this once, but don't bring it back on the school grounds, " he said.

I was shocked. I immediately thanked my sensei, skipping to class happily. I guess Aizawa-Sensei had a place in his heart for cats. Who knew?

"GUYS! AIZAWA-SENSEI LIKES CATS!" I screeched upon entering class, holding up the cat, like how Rafiki held up Simba in Lion King.

The class jumped at my outburst, but I was immediately surrounded by people who wanted to pet Kai.

"Aww, it's so cute!" Ashido squealed.

"I know right!"

We immediately launched into a conversation about how cats were the cutest thing on earth. But someone came along and said the forbidden phrase.

"Dogs are better than cats, "

My head whipped around to see who was the owner of the voice. I glared at the face. Todoroki Shoto. He was simply a bystander, but by saying that simple phrase, it made him a victim. I gasped.

"How could you!" I began sobbing into Ashido's torso.

  I had created an awkward tension in the room. Some people glared at Todoroki, while he stood there not knowing what to do. Suddenly, my whole attitude did a 180. I rammed him into the door and pinned him there.

"Don't ever say that again, " I whispered threateningly at the unfazed boy.

  Suddenly, both of us realized the awkward position I had put us in. I let go of him and went back to pick up Kai, who was on the table hissing at Todoroki. I petted him and whispered comforting words to the emotionally scarred cat. Some people muttered among themselves at my attitude.

"It's confirmed. You're going to be a crazy cat lady when you grow up, " Uraraka joked.

  I smiled at the comment. I was being rash. Fighting over a cat? Well... I mean cats did have rights...

  Aizawa-Sensei molted his yellow sleeping bag into our teacher, questioning us about the commotion.

"Yumé-san brought a cat to school!" an unknown voice said.

"The cat is named Kai, " I glared at Sero.

"Is that all?" Aizawa-Sensei questioned.

  All of their faces were as white as a piece of paper. I grinned to myself. I told them earlier, it's just a matter of if they were going to listen of not. I discreetly put Kai in my bag, zipping it up and leaving a small gap in case he wanted to escape. Immediately after that, he announced that we had to pick the class president. Iida had a heroic speech about class presidents, but of course, no one listened to him. I felt bad for him. He would make a good leader, he was truly a promising director. I voted for Tenya Iida, for his amazing leadership qualities.

  When the votes were announced, I wasn't surprised that the only vote that Iida got was from me. I sighed. The boy was too noble for his own good.

"Iida, you voted for yourself?" Uraraka asked from behind him.

  Iida gave her a confused look, denying it. I sighed. Such a good opportunity wasted. Iida could harness his leadership qualities there, but it was too bad the odds weren't in his favor. Especially as Ingenium was his brother, he must have been crestfallen when he wasn't one.

  Halfway through lunch, I was eating from the bento box that I packed, when an announcement was made indicating that someone had infiltrated the school. All of the students rushed out in panic, but I sat there taking my time, closing my bento box, and carrying it under my arm, evacuating with the rest of the school. I was fine with being pushed around, but the second someone kneed me in the ribs, I had enough. I was about to scream in frustration when Iida started doing backflips in the air, not so gracefully.

"Attention everyone, it's just the media! There's nothing to worry about!" he alerted everyone.

  I smiled. It was times like this where people's leadership qualities stood out the most. However, we had no idea that what we were about to experience was way worse than this.