Chapter 1

Naruto was in a house with people he didn't recognize. He couldn't see their faces, but one had long red hair, and the other had grown out blond hair, like his. But he couldn't see their faces. The blond male turned to him, his face a blur and indistinguishable. He picked him up and started saying 'good morning' to him and suddenly he woke up.

     He sat up and stared at the wall for a bit. He knew those were his parents, he could feel it. But it frustrated him that he couldn't see this and he didn't know who they were. He wanted to know! His visions started to grow blurry with tears streaming down his face.

     Today was his first day at the academy. He was beyond excited, kids his age would be there, and they would like him. 'Maybe they'll even play with me! Maybe a can have a... friend'. Naruto's heart swelled at the idea. A friend, someone to have by you, someone who liked you, and protected you.

     It almost seemed like a dream. He wiped his eyes and got up, putting on his favorite T-shirt and shorts, then eating his daily ramen. He got his shoes and headed out to the Academy. He ran the whole way there. Once the Academy was insight, he began to walk into the building.

•Time skip to lunch•

'Okay, time to make friends!' Naruto thought, before skipping to the lunch tables. He looked around and saw some kids from his class, Sakura and Ino. He walked over, and decided to sit with them, he got his tray and sat down next to the two. "Hello! I'm Uzumaki Naruto! Uhm, can I sit here?". He asked, immediately, the two girls started screaming at him.

"Ewwww! My mom says not to talk to you! No, go away!" Ino said and Sakura nodded along. Instantly, Naruto's heart plummeted to the floor, and he felt sad again. "O-oh, okay." He said and got up. He tried with a few other groups, and it was always the same thing. So, he sat by himself.

'I was stupid. Thinking anyone wanted to be my friend.' But he put a smile on his face as he ate. 'If I'm happy, it'll be fine. People will like you if you're happy.' He thought. After the day was over, he started to walk home. He recalled all the things that parents had said about him while he walked out, it hurt. Why did everyone get parents, why didn't he?

Why did people hate him so much? So many questions were left unanswered as he walked home. When he heard running behind him. He looked over and saw a kid a bit older than him running full force at him. Frozen, Naruto didn't move, and then his body hit the floor.

Another kid looked down at him and kicked him in the face. A small whimper escaped his lips as he continued to get kicked. When suddenly, he felt himself get a little bit lighter, and a growl was heard from something in front of him. He opened his eyes and saw a fox with nine tails growling at the kid in front of Naruto. He was shocked at first.

The kid ran off almost instantly, fear evident in his eyes. The fox turned around and walked towards Naruto. It seemed, familiar, as if, Naruto had known him for a long time. It rubbed the side of its face on Naruto's cheek. As if it was reassuring him that he was okay.

A small giggle trailed out of his lips and he jumped up. Holding the small fox in his arms. "What's your name? You must be really lonely huh?". The fox pushed its face towards Naruto's and made a face. As though it was smiling. in Naruto's lips were pulled in a small smile.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna take real' good care of you," he said, walking off with the fox in his arms. The fox barked a bit in response. Naruto's smile grew. He did make a friend today. 'We're gonna be best friends' Naruto thought, and he couldn't wait.