Chapter 37

SARAH's PoV

All these years I thought disowning me by my parents is already my end point of being hurt and broken. I didn't know that there would be more, more than that... I can't believe there's this one person who suffered more for years already but still tough after all. She's Seah Santos, my Auntie. She's my father's youngest sister. Can i say that she's like me? Disowned by her own parents as well. Disowned by our own family. Can you believe that? Unlike me, she live in the orphanage until she turned 18, then get her back to study college. But once she knew that her parents wants her to take engineering to work for their company's sake she took that as her  chance to escape from their house.

She went to davao all by herself by the help of people from the orphanage where she lived since she were a kid. They loved her so much and all they wanted to do is to take her away from her own family. They provided everything for her; a fare going to davao and her apartment to live. She even passed the exam for full scholarship for college that make her problem easy because she doesn't have tuition fees to pay. For her everyday expences along with the electric and water bills, she spent her free days from school by working as a crew in one of the restaurants there. She studied Engineering course as well but not because its her parents wants her to take, its her choice. She were a kid when she started dreaming like she's the one running her own company, she used that dream as her inspiration to strive and be a better of herself. And look at her,  she owned her own company at the age of 27. Not just a company, it's a big company in Makati and has a branch as well in davao. She's the definition of people saying that all successful personalities really started from scratch but with your determination and hard work, you'll have the success in the end.

She never had a chance to get along with her family. She has a lot of brothers too but can't even come close because they don't like her from the beginning. Their parents made them hate her. Imagine how painful and sad that she doen't have any person to go to when she needed a help. She lived her life alone carrying all her questions and burden while growing up. She doesn't deserved all of these. We don't deserved it. The life she has the same like mine is our big WHY?

Growing up with my parents around but didn't treat you like their own, that's a hard slap on the face alone already. All my life I've been jealous with my brothers getting all the attentions and love from our parents but why can't I have mine? The questions running in my head at the young age because you can feel already the differences you need to take. The same amount of love that you can't have in the first place but all you can do is to understand. Can you imagine the eagerness in me to hold my mother's hand? To atleast hug her? To know how does it feel being snuggled by my own mother? All these years, I didn't have a chance to atleast talk to her. To atleast have a conversation with her by talking how was my day, asking me if I'm okay, telling me that she loves me, the usual conversation between a mom and a daughter. I want a hug that comforts me when I'm sad and wipe my tears when I'm crying. I want that too...but it never happened and it will never be happen. It seemed that the universe is against me since the time I was born in this world. The universe deprived me of having parents, having a family. Deprived me of being happy...

Being happy is not in my vocabulary before not until I met Matteo. Being home schooled from pre-school to junior highschool, they let me enrolled to a university where I can study senior highschool until college. He was my bestfriend since then. I can tell everything to him without even judging me. Through my ups and downs he was there for me, not leaving me. Making me smile and happy to atleast forget all my burdens whenever i'm with him. There are times that I just cried in school the whole day but he make sure I get to smile before I went home. He's my super hero, he suddenly appears whenever I needed help or there are problems I can't fix all by myself. He's filling the hole in me by being not just my bestfriend, not just my best boyfriend but being my family as well. He's making sure to filled with happiness and joy all those years I'm experienced being sad alone. He let me experience what I've been missing out as a kid by doing it all with the help of his parents and family. We've worked hard to keep our relationship stronger, we've worked hard for this... For keeping it lowkey until we're both ready to tell my brothers our relationship up unto now that we're free from everything. And that makes our relationship smooth sailing because atleast a few people in from my family knows what about us and the fear and doubts in me everytime we're out disappear as well.