Chapter 23

Jades POV:
I sighed as I sat at the breakfast bar in the kitchen I placed the letter on the cold marble counter. I let out a shaky breath and looked down at my shaking hands and lifted them to my head. Madelaine snd Olivier we're sitting with me while Perrie was the washing up the kitchen appliances shed used to cook breakfast. I saw that she'd turned around and she placed her soft delicate hands on my tense shoulders "you ok" she whispered into my ear. I didn't reply I still couldn't process the information I'd been told. "Girls go upstairs a minute" after a few seconds Perrie rubbed my shoulders "babe what's up" I looked up and I think she saw the look in my eyes "what happened" I sighed and felt tears brim my eyes "Umm Damiens dead he got killed in action they want me to go back" her face fell "shit" she pulled me into her and I cried. Yep jade thirlwall crying while would've thought it. Damien was my best friend from the army. I should've been there. Perrie placed soft kisses to my forehead. "I'm so sorry" Perrie said and rubbed the back of my neck. I nodded "can I do anything" she asked and I nodded "Umm in the draw there's a lighter and on the fridge there's a pack of cigarettes" she nodded and got them. I walked outside and smoked. That's what I always did everytime someone from the team died I had 1 cigarette. Sort of my very own remembrance for them. This one was different it hit me harder Damien was one of my best friends he was there for me ever since I first joined he worked with my dad "Fuck" I said and held my head in my hands and look around at the hills that rolled around for miles around are house. Perrie came out are sliding glass door and handed me a beer "do you want anything baby" I shook my head and patted my knee "come here" I said and ushered her over. She sat down and I hooked my hands around her waist "babe?" She turned to face me and gave me a soft smile "yeah" I sniffed and held her hands to me "it's my fault" I said before sobbing out into her. "No baby no shhhh it's not your fault ok I promise" I nodded a little and cried into my girlfriends baby bump. She threaded her fingers into my hair and I held onto her tight. It was like I was afraid she was gonna leave me too. "Let's go in yeah" I nodded and got up from the chair. Dragging myself in.

Perries POV:
I felt so bad for jade. She really did love Damien he was her best friend. Jade has sat in the living room all day drinking while I was with the kids. I was showering  Olivier upstairs and madelaine was in the downstairs bathroom showering herself. Jade opened the door roughly and stumbled into the bathroom. "Baby come here" she slurred and lifted me up by my arm. It did hurt "baby stop go to bed" she pushed me into the door and started to kiss my neck "get off and go to bed" she gripped my ass and I pushed her off. And she came back again. "Jade please stop" I pleaded and she stepped back and lifted her arms up "you know you want it" I slapped her across the face and she grabbed me "dad quick" I shouted and he came running up and pulled jade off me taking her out. Olivier looked over at me and i smiled a little and finished washing her hair. "What's wrong with mama" she said and looked at her rubber duck "mama's just a little ... sad at the moment baby she'll be ok" lib nodded a little and carried on playing with her duck.

Later that night jade was sat outside smoking. And it wasn't just I cigarette I knew that, it was weed I could smell it. Once I'd seen the last puff of smoke leave her mouth I waited 5 minutes for it to clear because I didn't want to be breathing it in because of the baby. I stepped outside and jade was swaying like she was dancing with a bottle of beer in her hand. "Babe get in" I said and she held her finger to her lips telling me to be quiet. "Jade I swear to god get in the house now" she rolled her eyes. I marched over and grabbed her ear pulling her in the house. "Your so hot when your angry" she slurred "shut up and get in bed" she huffed and said a few swear words before going up to bed. I held my bump and winced "what's wrong poobear" my dad said and I shook my head stroking the small bump "just pains the baby's moving" he nodded and I went upstairs and sat on the end of the bed holding my stomach. Jade came over and sat next to me "I'm sorry babe" jade said and looked down at the floor "it's ok I know your just grieving" she put her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her head.