FIVE - Streets Don't Love You

PICTURE OF LEGEND IN THE MULTIMEDIA. HE CUTE, HUH??? IK.

JAYLEN

It's been four weeks since Legend was born. I swear I never thought I could love somebody so much. I never thought somebody would make me wanna quit living wild and just chill out until he was born.

"Jaylen!" Abria screams. I bought a one bedroom apartment just for when I wanna get away. I'm barely here but Abria lives in it, really. I sleep at the family home. A nigga ain't ready to be alone yet. "What the hell you want?" I ask. "Get him! What the hell is wrong with his eyes? Oh my God, Jaylen!" she exclaims, crying.  I pick him up and look. His eyes are red with a little black. I chuckle.  "My eyes do that when I take a shit sometimes, honestly. So, check his diaper." I say.

"What?" she asks. "When I'm boo booing, my eyes turn red and black. They do that when I'm straining. So, again, check his diaper." I say, handing him back. She takes it off and frowns. "God, he stinks." she says. "You don't smell good when you take a dump either so shut up." I say. She sighs. "Jaylen, you still mad at me?" she asks. "I don't care about you. Give me my baby." I say. "Say you love me." she says. "You crazy as you look. Give me my son." I say. She leans back. "No. Move." she says, then drops him on the floor.

He starts screaming and crying. I glare at her, trying to keep from losing my mind. "Abria... get out before I kill you." I say. I'm so serious right now. She gets up and walks out. I shake my head and pick him up and put his pacifier in his mouth. "My bad, lil man. Mommy a lil dumb." I say in a baby voice.  I grab his diaper bag and grab his stuffed giraffe and walk out the room.  I go grab his juice and put it in the diaper bag. "Where you taking my son?" Abria asks. "Don't worry about it." I say.  "You know your family ratchet. Nothing better not happen to him." she says. I stop walking and look at her. "Keep my blood out of it.  And what you mean, nothing better not happen? You must be forgetting you dropped him? Or how you stay burning his tongue cause you don't check the milk before you give it to him? Matter of fact, let's talk about how you keep a shitty diaper on him all day. Mane, I'm a better parent than you'll ever be." I say, then walk out the door before she could respond.

I just got to my parents' house. "Give me him, nigga." DJ says. "Move, nigga! Go get Ronnie big ol ass!" I exclaim. He laughs.  "It ain't fair, nigga. Ronnie was six when I found out." he says. "So? You got a baby on the way with Mia." I say. He blows. "Don't remind me." he says. Everybody walk in and start fighting over who finna hold Legend.  "Yall, go hold Shunna. I wanna hold my son." I say. "Stop being stingy." Zaria whines. "Analya, you can hold him." I say. She smiles. All of them start glaring at me. I sit on the couch and sit Naly next to me. "Don't drop him, okay?" I say. "Okay." she says, smiling.  I put him in her arms. She smiles, rubbing his hair. "His hair is long."  she says. "I know." I say. I notice a camera flash. Legend starts screaming and crying.  "Dang, momma, look what you did." I say, taking him from Naly. "Boy, shut up. Quit whining." she says. "I'm finna go smoke since OG Prod can't hold the baby." dad says, pulling a rolled blunt out his pocket. He walks out.

"Hey, Legend." Kennedie says, blowing his stomach. He starts laughing and wiggling around. Ain't it crazy how she more of a mother to my son than Abria ever been?

"Where is Abria?" she asks. I shrug. "Doing nothing." I answer. She nods her head then sits up. "Jaylen... I wanna go to rehab. I haven't been using the drugs because I call you when I feel like using them. It's hard tho... I need rehab." she says. I nod my head. "Alright. I'll get on that for you." I say. "Thank you... why you so nice to me?" she asks. "Cause you more than yo past and you more than the drugs." I say. She chews her bottom lip. "Nobody ever cared this much. Not even Eric." she mumbles. I look down at my shoes. "Uh... Answer my phone for me." I say. She puts it on speaker.

"Wassup?" I ask. "Naly got shot four times." Chevy cries into the phone. "And Celina got shot... I think she dead." he adds, crying harder. "Oh my God." Kennedie mumbles. "What the fuck happened?" I yell. "DJ got shot and Ronnie did too... and they burned down granny house while she was in it with Holland but granny and Holland straight." he adds. I swallow my tears back. "Tell me Naly okay..." I mumble.  I hear momma screaming and crying in the background.  "She ain't." he mumbles.  I get up and grab my gun out my pants.

"Jaylen, wait-" Kennedie says, trying to grab me. "Move. Protect my son by any means necessary.  I can't take him with me cause that's risking his life." I say. "But-" I cut her off.  "No buts. Just ride this shit out." I say.  "I don't know what to do." she cries. "Quit crying. Here." I say, giving her my other gun. "Use it if you got to. And uh... yeah. If something happen to me, take care of my son." I say. She nods her head, crying. She hugs me then kisses me. "I gotta go." I say, pulling her off me. "I love you, Jaylen." she mumbles. I stare at her for a second. I nod my head and leave.

I just got to the hospital. My dad is shaking. It's holes all over the walls. "Who did this shit?" I ask. He glares straight ahead. "Somebody talk to me! Who did it and are they okay?" I scream at them. "Celina dead." he dryly says. My eyes tear up. She was only eleven and she gone.

"Naly?" I ask. He puts his head in his hands. "They shot my baby girl four mothafucking times! I don't even know... fuck!" he screams, then kicks the wall. I go pick ma up off the floor and hold her as she cries and screams.  "This shit just had to happen to us." dad cries out, shaking.

Roc and Tae walk in with straight faces. I look at them. "What the fuck yall here for?" Eric yells at them. "Cause yall looking suspect." I add. Tae grins. "Finally, little sister. Karma is a bitch, don't you think?" she asks mom.

"Bitch!" Ma screams, beating the dog shit out of Tae. We jumped that hoe. I can't believe this. "You killed my fuckin' daughter?" dad asks, walking closer to Roc. "Naw... I was coming up here to be real with you. You was my nigga since before I even knew Tae. This bitch a fuckin' snake. I ain't been coming around cause she killed my daughter, G." he dryly says. Ma drags her out the front of the hospital.  "What?" dad asks. "She an Opp. I found out cause I went through her phone. She got mad and killed Chrestina. She evil as fuck. Then... she pulled this. But it wasn't just her. I don't know who she workin' with but they our rivals. She used us. She know too much so we gotta get everybody out of California until we handle this." Roc says. Dad blows.  The streets don't love nobody, I know that much.

COMMENT 20
VOTE
RIDE FINNA GET HELLAAAAA CRAZY AND I DO MEAN HELLA.