TWELVE - Ring Off

After all your tears
After all that pain's all clear
Mama, after all them years
We can start all over again
Mama, and now it all makes sense
Letting go is never the end
Mama, we can love again
This is where freedom begins
- Beyonce'

PROD

"My what?" I ask. I know she didn't just tell me the snake is my own momma. "I said it's your momma." she dryly says. I shake my head. "Can't be." I say. "Well, it is. How else would we be so easily found in the Beverly area of Chicago in a regular home without the snake being on the inside? It may be hard to take in but it's true." she says. I shake my head in disbelief. "How you know it's her though?" Roc asks her. "Don't tell me you assuming." I add to what he said.

"I'm most definitely not assuming. These are only facts. I don't know why she's doing this but she is. It wasn't just Tae. And Tae was very weak minded so she had to be talked into it for her to do something like that to us to begin with." she says. "Mane, what the hell do Tae got to do with you accusing my momma of being a snake? Matter fact, how I know you ain't the snake?" I ask.

She blankly stares at me. "You know what, I'm getting my kids and leaving." she says. "Answer me. How I know you not the snake, Zavianna?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Why would I be the damn snake, Craig?" she snaps. "I don't know, you tell me! I can't believe you had the audacity to blame my damn momma." I say. She shakes her head. "Don't believe me. I don't give a shit cause me and my kids gone be good." she says. I shake my head. "I don't even wanna see yo face right now." I say, then get on the plane.

ROC

I look at Zaya. "He trippin' right now. Ion think you the snake. The shit just hard for him to take in." I say to Zaya. "It really is his mom, Roc. I'm so serious." she says. "When we get there, explain it to me." I say. She nods her head. I grab her hand and help her on the plane.

Prod looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "You know what, you fuckin' my woman?" he straight up asks.

I shake my head no. "It don't matter if we are or aren't cause I ain't yours anymore." Zaya says. They start glaring each other down. "Fuck it. I'm through begging you." he finally says. "So, whatever the fuck yall got going on, go ahead. I'm not even mad. Once this shit end, Zaya, leave and don't come back. Don't call me unless it relates to my kids." he says. She chuckles. "I was gone do that anyways." she says. She takes her engagement ring off and drops it in his glass of wine. He takes his off and drops it in hers. "I'm single and do single shit so whenever you decide you miss me, please keep it to yourself." Zaya says. He shrugs his shoulders.

She walks to the back room. "You want her, bruh?" he asks. I shake my head. "Bruh,  why you be treating her like that?" I ask. "I suppose you can treat her better." he sarcastically says. "I can." I say. He glances at me then back at his glass. "I don't give no fuck." he says. "Bet." I say.

I get up and walk to the back where she is. I watch her clip the ends of her hair. I take the shears from her and grab a section of her hair. "What the fuck are you doing?" she snaps. "Calm down, I got my cosmetology license." I say.

She looks at me crazy. "You lying." she says. I chuckle. "Nah... somebody dared me to so I did." I say. She chuckles. "Let me clip your ends." I say. She nods her head. I start doing it for her. She smiles, looking in the mirror.  "I'm good for more than just giving head, ya know?" I ask. She chuckles. "I see." she says. I finish off. "That'll be $250." I say in Almond's voice. She mugs me. "Yeah, sure." she sarcastically says. "You did good though." she adds, looking at it. I nod my head.

"So uh... Zaya... when all this die down, what's your plans?" I ask. "You nervous about talking to me or something? You stuttering." she says, lightly chuckling. "I mean... you did use me for head and kick me out." I say. She chuckles. "Well... my plans are to get my kids and move away. I'm starting over like I never met him. Like... he brought me some of the best memories but it's like the bad outweighs the good now. I don't know. What about you?" she asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Hopefully marry a real woman and leave all this shit alone. Get a couple of step kids." I say, smirking. She looks down, laughing. "Is it wrong for me to wanna kiss you?" she asks. "If you feel like it's right, do it." I say. She chews down on her bottom lip. "You're his best friend tho..." she mumbles. I shrug my shoulders. "He said he ain't mad. It don't even matter what nobody say." I say. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. I close my eyes, letting her stick her tongue in her mouth. I grip a hand full of her ass. She moans in my mouth. "Mm, mm, mm... she smashing the homie." Prod says, standing at the door.