Home

I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep. I didn't care. I woke up several times to see food on the table for me. I wasn't hungry. I just would roll over and go back to sleep. I woke up this time to a note on the table rather than food, but food sounded pretty nice at the moment. I picked up the letter and unfolded it to the handwriting I had become all too familiar with.
Hello Doc. How about you come down stairs and eat pizza since you wont eat the lovely meals I made. ~ J

I sighed and put my hair into a messy bun and made my way out of the room and down the stairs. Pizza boxes littered the living room and kitchen. Joker stood against the marble counter top eating a slice for himself.

"Hello Doc," Joker smiled at me and gestured towards the boxes with his free hand ,"Enjoy yourself."

"Thank you," I put on a fake smile and opened a box grabbing a slice for myself and began eating.

"Oh! Someone has manners now! Maybe I should hit you more often!" He laughed as if he said something hysterical.

I didn't feel like fighting so I just nodded weakly and ate my food. I still had bruises from where he hurt me the first few times. I still couldn't help but wonder if Jonathan was worried about me.

"Don't look so down Doc," a sick smirk spread over Joker's lips, "You get to go to work tomorrow."

My eyes widened in disbelief. He couldn't be letting me go just like that? I had a purpose for being here.

"I need you to get your Hubby's secrets out," there went the catch, "You can return home and live as normal as can be, but don't cross me. You will get out where he is sending the drugs and what effects they have. Got it?"

Tears came to my eyes, but I had to hold them back, "Yes sir."

"Good. We will take you home now," Joker laughed and two large men grabbed my arms.

I felt a sharp pain in my neck then my whole world faded to black.

~

"Raven?" A voice said worriedly bringing be back slowly, "Raven wake up."

When my eyes finally opened I saw Jonathan. My Jonathan. I couldn't hold myself back. I sat up into his arms and pulled him close as tears fell.

"Jonathan I missed you so much!" I cried into his neck as he rubbed my back.

"Where were you?" He pushed my shoulders back so he could look at me.

I didn't know what to say. If I said the wrong thing he would be after Joker and Joker would be after me. I did what any normal girl would do in this situation. I cried. I shook my head and cried screaming about how horrible it was and how much pain I went through. I didn't mention any names.

"It's okay Raven," Jonathan pulled me into his arms, "No one is going to hurt you."

I nodded my head and cried more as he held me. But who will protect you Jonathan...who will protect you from me?