Chapter 1,and 2 enjoy!

chapter 1
the stranger

"You need to eat" my aunt said sternly.

"I'm not hunger" I pouted as the plate of breakfast food was shoved in front of me. I didn't have a problem with eating it was just that I didn't want to eat this morning. Something was just off. Like something was going to happen to this little town and was going to shake my world apart.

"fine but when you go to work and don't feel good don't complain to me young lady" flipping the rest of the cheesy eggs own her own plate my aunt headed back to the stove.

"will do" quickly I cleared the table and kissed my aunt on the cheek goodbye.

Slipping on my cowboy boots I grabbed my apron and headed off to colver's dinner.

*****

"Howdy miss Eliza" tieing the apron around my waist I waved over to the voice.

"Howdy Mr John" I called to one of our hometown farmers.

"Did you hear about Jackson's New ranch hand?" My eyebrows shot up as I glanced over to Mr. John. Or otherwise known as the town know it all.

"No but I thought you were supposed to stay out of people's business?" I gave him a playful wink as sarcasm played on my mouth.

"You know I got to stay on this town's drama for you or you ain't gonna know what's happening" Mr John waved his coffee cup at me. Smiling I grabbed the pot of steaming black coffee and refilled his cup.

I couldn't help but chuckle at Mr John because he was right. I never truly cared about the town's gossip so I stayed away from it. And I was doing a pretty good job at staying in my own business till I made friends with Mr John. Plopping myself down on the stool next to him I leaned my face on my hand. Knowing John it wouldn't matter if I was serving customers he'd just follow me around. I learned along time ago to just sit down even on work shifts and get it down with.

"Spill it then" I said as a smile cracked my face.

"Well were do I start..." he turn in his bar stole towards me as if we were two girls gossiping on the hottest guys. But we were gossiping which is one thing I don't like doing but end up doing it anyways with this old man.

If anything came good out of these conversations it brought joy to Mr John to have someone to talk to. About two years ago he lost his wife from illness and his two sons are over seas. The poor man didn't have no one at home to talk to so he came here when he wasn't working on the fields.

"He has blue eyes, blond hair, and nice len body" Mr John's finger went up and down with every detail while I laughed.

"Mr John I want to know why he's here,what's he's like and where he came from looks don't matter worth a damn if he's like Jackson's mule Annabelle" pushing myself up form my stole I went back for the coffee.

Grabbing the pot I took it over to a couple that just sat down in the corner. As I grabbed their orders with a smile I turned back around to see John starring at me. Shaking my head I placed the order in with the cook.

"Eliza you know looks matter couse if they didn't you wouldn't be the cutest girl in this town according to the Getings boys" John sent me a wave of the finger.

Letting out a hoot of laughter  a stranger boy walk in the little dinner. He wore dusty old blue jeans and an old worn out plaid shirt. But the kicker was his dirty blond hair was all messy from being under his cowboy hat. And his baby blue eyes seemed to look like the sky it's self. I was quick to take in his looks as my laughter died down. Glancing out of the corner of my eye to Mr John I saw the man place his hand near his mouth.