5 ( Not Edited)

Dedicated to khayr_Souf 🦋❤️

WARNING: NOT EDITED ⚠️

Song: Kill Em With Kindness
Artist(s): Selena Gomez

----------------------
T H I R D P E R S O N

Adamawa State, Nigeria 🇳🇬.

At the far corner of the compound, a beautiful woman who's probably in her late thirties was pounding Locust beans (Daddawa) while humming a song. The house was awfully quiet as her mother and step mom went to visit a relative leaving her alone with her son.

"Maa waddu mi valle (lemme help you with that)" said Her 15 yrs old Son smiling.

"Ok just make sure you do it right" she patted his head lovingly before heading to the kitchen to start making dinner.

It's been two months since Her daughter left for Abuja. Life's been hard without her daughter as they were super close but she has to stay strong for her Son who is also trying to cope without his Sister at the same time help his mother.

With a sigh, she rinsed two pots and got to work. Tuwo and Miyan kuka was the easiest meal she could make before her Mom and step mom come back and that's what she made.

On the other hand, Her son (Alkasim) who just finished pounding the locust beans poured it in a black plastic bag and rinsed the grinder leaving it in the sun to dry. With the plastic bag in his left hand and a phone on the other, he made his way to the kitchen while dialing his Sister's number. She picked up the phone after the third ring making a smile to appear on his face. Anyone can see how much he loves and adores his big sister from the way his face changes at the mention of her name.

"How's WAEC smurf? Kun kusa gamawa ba?"

"My name's not smurf" His sister whined making him smirk. He just loves teasing her.

"And for your information, we have only three papers remaining" She added in excitement. His sister loves exams. Who does that?

"Jamb nko? Is it out yet?". Ummul(his Sister) told him they wrote jamb a Month ago.

"Yes the results came out yesterday. I tried calling you but it was switched off. You still using the Calculator? Dude come on, heard about a thing called change?" She teased.

The "calculator" was what she used to call his priceless possession or in other words his Nokia phone. He bought the phone when he was 13 without his mother knowing and made Ummul who was the only person that knew swear to secrecy. That was 2 and a half years ago.

"Abeg leave my Habibty(phone) out of this." He hissed which made her chuckle.

"Who are you talking to?" His Mother asked after he gave her the plastic bag.

"Oh it's Ummul, say hi Maa" he smiled extending the phone to his mother who was grinning. Can you blame her though? The only time she talked to her daughter was three weeks ago when her brother called. Almost 10 minutes later, she gave him the phone back with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey what did you say that made her smile this much?"

"I just told her my jamb score. BT dubs, I got 286"