septendecim

creator, oh vast being...

lend me some moldable power.

+

+

+

"sometimes I wake up in the morning

to red, blue, and yellow skies.

it's so crazy

i could drink it like tequila sunrise."

lana del rey +++ god knows i tried

_

_

_

jungkook's POV

the bag of food mr. kim has provided me with is delicious on an empty stomach. 

the bagel is cold, but i don't care. the utensils sit unused inside the bag as i dig in with my hands. the cream cheese is delectable, and i'm so excited just thinking about the chocolates and how sweet they'll taste. 

after the bagel, i go for my apple first. i wasn't raised to eat dessert mid-meal. the fruit is so shiny and i have big expectations as my teeth crunch into it. 

wonderful.

the apple is good. no worms, no poison. i'm starting to feel a bit better about mr. kim and his intentions. it's like a slave contract, the thing going between me and him, but at least i know my half of the contract is respected at least.

i don't even get to finish my apple before the doorknob starts turning. 

back so soon?

oh no. nevermind, i take back what i said.

mr. kim is probably here to punish me. to get back at me for acting out on the steps. 

ohnononononono-

"jungkook!"

mr. kim barges in, golden knife in hand. i quickly swallow the piece of apple i've been chewing on. his eyes are wild and i don't know what happened between the few minutes he'd left my room and now. but something tells me it wasn't good.

i set my half-eaten apple in the bag as he rushes towards me. i can't flinch. can't try to run. the only thing i can do to avoid being deathly afraid or regret our pact is close my eyes. 

so i do.

i hear his sandals stomp up to me. then, his hand under my chin.

"open your eyes."

i do. he looks angry, so angry. his jaw is clenched, veins in his neck bulging slightly. i can't even see his lips--they're pressed together so tightly in a line. 

i try my best not to flinch when he brings the knife up to my face. he lightly traces the tip down my jawline, stopping under my chin. i stare at him the entire time, trying to figure out the reason for the behavior change.