quadraginta duo

helper helper, can't you see?

it takes two to bury me.

_

_

_

"i don't really wanna know

what's good for me

'god's dead,' i said,

'baby, that's alright with me.'"

lana del rey +++ gods and monsters

_

_

_

remodeler's POV

"get into the shower, in the workshop, i'll meet you there."

i toss the workshop keychain at jungkook, who's shaking visibly. my sweatshirt covers half of his face as he tries to avoid the smell of a fresh kill.

"b-but..." he catches the keys easily in the hand that isn't holding a shovel. his forehead is glimmering a little in the dying evening light with sweat--he's not used to this type of exertion. "the grave isn't finished, and the body..."

jungkook tilts his head down to corpse of the gangster. i killed him through strangulation, but not without a little fight. the fucker bopped me on the side of the head in the struggle, and now i'm sure i have a bruise on the side of my jaw. 

"just hurry into the shower, baby!" i yell, hoping he stops trying to help me. 

in his condition he's hurting me more than helping. every shovel load he drew out of the ground came with a wince from the quick movement of his torso. meanwhile, his questions about how deep to dig, how i stand the smell, and how i always do this so quickly are slowing me down.

emily is going to hear it when she gets here.

"okay, okay!" jungkook runs up the hill with the shovel and the keychain in hand. i get back to work on the hole, launching dirt sporadically with how fast i'm going. normally i wouldn't be so messy, but given the situation i can't afford to go slow...i'll just have to clean this up a bit tomorrow morning. 

"in you go, fucker." i push the dead gangster with various face tattoos into his eternal spot of rest. a few clumps of dirt fall from the ledge and onto his face, obscuring his post-mortem scowl. i hurry to finish off his disappearance from this world with  tossed shovels of dirt and decay. 

i'm covering dirt with dirt, very fitting.

i think the worms will enjoy his death more than people will mourn his life.

it makes me smile.

when i'm satisfied with the burial, i rush inside to the workshop. from the first floor i grab some long gray shirts and plain jeans for us when we're done rinsing the murder off our bodies.