quinquaginta

oh, the violent bristles of an

envious cactus seeking water.

_

_

_

"oh no,

i can't do this once more,

no man can keep me together,

been broken since i was born."

lana del rey +++ pawn shop blues

_

_

_

third person POV

jungkook scours the forest floor for a few hours, blanket tightly tucked into his arms. the trees do not judge him as he inhales heavily through his nose and exhales tough breaths as thick as taffy through his teeth. he walks aimlessly, knowing the woods behind taehyung's house pretty well by now. trees left half-naked of their leaves creek with the slight push of wind, chattering against each other as jungkook's teeth chatter now.

the walk sobers his thoughts, puts his previously raging jealousy into more malleable terms. taehyung had been acting the part very well, and righteously so.

jungkook's encouragement pushed the older to full sway emily onto their side for the gruesome plan tonight. 

"hello, valerian."

jungkook passes the bushes that he'd upturned for harvesting many times before. taehyung's praise reverberates through his mind from the first time he'd brought the root to the elder. thank you, jungkook. i've been sleeping well.

and from every time thereafter, you know i love you, right?

"right."

the blanket has adopted an air of humid disatisfaction, clinging on one side of him with a gentle warmth and on the other with a cold, unchanging spike. his hands shiver against the fabric, wondering why taehyung hasn't sought after him yet?

the blond girl reenters his mind. the words i'll get rid of jungkook echo against the cool walls of his skull.

it was an act, like much of taehyung's past...still, jungkook can't remove the plaque that had settled over him after hearing such a thing. even the clip of forgotten leaves against his underdressed body can't awaken his normal exuberance. somehow jungkook's faith has become buried under layers of decay, much like the disregarded twigs on the forest floor--only picked up when needed, to be used for fire kindling or to build a shelter from mother nature's tendencies towards destruction.

destruction. fire. 

those words still call sweetly out to the pharmacist from time to time, and whenever they call for him he tries to ignore their gooey, stringing voices. those temptations have to be stalled in order for taehyung and him to continue.