1 | punches and dinner

I ducked as Hunter tried to punch me and round house kicked his side. He bent down slightly and I used this opportunity to punch his arm and then grabbing at his arm and flipping him onto his back. He groaned out in pain, as I stood up straight and smiled at the others.

"So who's next?" I asked, to which I was greeted with silence, as everyone gathered around to look at Hunter. I laughed at this, but I was cut off by my phone ringing.

I ran to the tree, where my phone was and answered it. "Skylar Rose Grey! You were meant to be home two hours ago. You've been training all day. Come home, dinners almost ready." mom scolded me. She never called me by my full name, so I knew she was angry.

"I'm leaving right now mom, love you." I replied, then ended the call, in time to dodge Hunter's punch from behind.

"Haha nice try, I see you tried to catch me off guard." I laughed, before facing everyone. "Well done today, your moves are becoming a lot faster and less predictable, good work all of you." I dismissed everyone, then wiped some off the sweat off my forehead using my towel and drank some water. Then, I walked towards the pack house. I looked around and smiled at the beauty of my pack.

My parents are the Alpha and Luna of my pack, LightMoon. I have an older brother, Liam. Our pack is the second most powerful pack, the strongest pack being BloodMoon pack, but rumour has it their Alpha, Adrian Lockwood is a coldblooded murderer. I shuddered thinking about all the horrific stories I've heard about that pack. I hadn't found my mate yet, usually wolves found their mate after they turned 18. I couldn't wait to find my mate, I want him to be kind and loving. Liam had already found his mate, her name was Bethany and we got along very well.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a rustle from the trees to my right. My head snapped to that direction, but I didn't see anything. I sniffed the air but I couldn't smell anything unfamiliar. I frowned, as the hairs on my back stood up. I shook my head, dismissing the feeling as paranoia and walked through the clearing to the pack house, picking up my speed. The pack house is quite big but only my family lives in it. Each family in the pack has their own house but they're all close together - a few minutes walk away.

"SKY!" Lily shouted, as soon as she saw me step into the house and ran into my arms.

"Hey Lil," I greeted her and gave her a hug. She's the daughter of dad's Beta but she's more like the little sister I never had.

"Lily, let her come in." Andrew, my dad's Beta laughed as he came to where me and Lily stood.

"Haha it's okay Andy, where's dad?" I asked him as I let Lily go running into the house, probably to carry on playing with the other pack children.

"He's in his office going through some paperwork with the others, he asked me to go find you but seeing as you're here I'll get back to work." he answered, as he walked away towards the office. I rolled my eyes at my dad's protectiveness.

The smell of mom's delicious cooking hit my nose and my stomach growled on instinct. I walked to the kitchen, to see mum and her best friends Emily, who is Andrew's wife and Kylie, who is Chris, the head warrior's wife setting the table. They sometimes stayed for dinner when the men handled pack business till late.

"Hi gorgeous ladies, who missed me?" I greeted and they turned around and smiled as I walked up to them and hugged them.

"You've been gone since morning, of course we missed you." mom said, as Emily and Kylie agreed, "Go call everyone sweetheart, dinner's ready. Jessica and Bethany are with the kids in the lounge and Blake's upstairs with the men in the office."

Jess and Blake are my best friends. Blake is Andrew and Emily's son and Jess is Chris and Kylie's daughter. We've known each other since we were born and have been inseparable just like our parents.

I nodded and walked up to dad's office and walked in without knocking. My dad, Andy, Chris, Blake and Liam as well as a few other pack members stood up, alert, but relaxed when they saw it was me. I noticed Blake eye up my toned abs and long legs, which were revealed by my training gear: a crop top and shorts. Typical Blake.

"Why do I even bother reminding you to knock?" dad chuckled, as he motioned me over with his hands, "how was your day, kid?" he asked as he ruffled my hair. Blake laughed loudly at this and I looked over at him and glared, to which he smirked and shrugged.

"Daaad I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 19." I said annoyed as I fixed my hair and everyone chuckled. I hugged him before answering him, "My day was good, I was just training with Hunter, Archer, Jace and the others. I came to tell you dinner's ready so come down." I said as I played with one of the paperweights on the table. As I stood up, I noticed Blake visibly stiffen. I looked at him questioningly, to which he just smiled and walked out with me to call everyone else. Why was he acting so weirdly? I brushed it off as I went to call everyone else for dinner.

After dinner, everyone went home and I went up to my bedroom and lay down in bed, checking my phone. I had designed my bedroom myself; it was gold and lilac themed and was very spacious.

After a while, I stood up and went to my bathroom to get ready for bed

After a while, I stood up and went to my bathroom to get ready for bed. My bathroom was modern and big, with a built in shower and a big bath tub.

After showering, I wrapped myself up in a long towel and walked back into my room

After showering, I wrapped myself up in a long towel and walked back into my room. I was too tired to wash my hair, so I'd just wash it in the morning. I went to my closet and changed into a tank top and some comfy shorts and got into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, my eyes closed and I soon fell asleep.

Hi guys, hope you liked the first chapter. Picture of Skylar in the header.