31 | nausea and news

I woke up to an empty bed, as I sat up and yawned. I remembered the night before, when Adrian had told me he had a meeting in the morning. I missed him already. It had been two weeks since my Luna Ceremony and I had been given pack responsibilities, so during the day I kept busy. The Mate Ceremony at MoonStone was tomorrow evening, so the last few days had been hectic.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said as I pulled the blanket higher to hide my naked body. Marie walked in, with a smile.

"Good morning, Luna. I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I came to let you know that you have a meeting with the headteacher at the pack school." she explained. She noticed my naked state, beneath the blanket and gave me a knowing smirk before adding "Breakfast is ready, so as soon as you're ready come down." She left the room and closed the door.

For some reason, the thought of eating breakfast made me feel nausea, as I felt the insides of my stomach churn. I quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up. I looked up in the mirror and noticed my forehead was covered with sweat and I looked pale. What was happening to me? Because of my healing abilities I never caught fevers or sicknesses so why was I unwell? Perhaps it was something I ate yesterday.

I decided to just freshen up and shower. After my shower, I got dressed in a smart outfit considering I was having a meeting. I settled on a tight black dress that ended at my knees. I curled my hair and let it fall against my shoulders. My makeup was simple and natural and I paired the look with some black heels.

When I was ready, I left the room and walked downstairs, to see a sight I did not want to see. I saw Ben and Jess making out on the sofa and quickly diverted my eyes.

"Guys! Do it in your bedroom! First Nathan and Amy, now you guys. Ewww." I said, with a disgusted look. I heard Amy laughing in the distance, as she came down the stairs.

"Tell me about it. Since they found out they were mates, they've been at it everywhere and anywhere." Jess said, with a laugh.

"It's not my fault, I can't keep my hands off my gorgeous mate." Ben said, before standing up and helping Jess off the sofa. She blushed, slightly causing us all to laugh. Jess has been staying with us and BloodMoon because Ben wanted her to stay with him. Sadly, when Ben would leave tomorrow, Jess would be leave with him. Having her here, felt like I was back at LightMoon, although I did miss Blake. He left with my parents the day after the Luna Ceremony, because dad had some important meetings back at LightMoon.

"Let's go have breakfast. I'm starving." Jess said, as she grabbed my hand and Amy's hand and pulled us towards the kitchen, with Ben following us. Amy and Jess had become a lot closer while we've been living together.

As we walked into the kitchen, I saw the food on the table and my stomach began to churn and I felt lightheaded. I quickly covered my mouth and ran to the nearest bathroom, and threw up. I heard two sets of footsteps behind me and knew immediately it was Jess and Amy.

"Babe, are you okay?" Jess said, her voice filled with worry. She held my hair back as I finished throwing up, while Amy grabbed an unopened toothbrush from the cabinet and put toothpaste on it.

"Yeah. I think it's just something I ate." I responded, not wanting to worry them. I thanked them before grabbing the toothbrush of Amy and brushing my teeth. In the mirror, I saw Adrian walk into the bathroom with a worried look. I quickly rinsed my mouth and splashed water on my face, before turning around and hugging him.

"Princess, are you okay? I heard that you were sick. What's wrong?" he asked, as he assessed my face. "You're so pale." he said, with a frown. I suddenly felt dizzy and struggled to keep myself up. If Adrian hadn't been holding me, I would have fallen. "Adrian I'm fi-" before I could finish, darkness took over and I fell against Adrian. The last thing I heard was the panicked cries of Amy and Jess and Adrian say "You're going to be okay, baby."

———-

I could hear the sound of beeping machines. I opened my eyes, to see I was in the infirmary bed, Adrian stood talking to Doc. Adrian saw that I was awake and rushed to my side. "How are you feeling, Skylar?" he asked, as he gave me a glass of water. I took it from him gratefully and drank it all. My parched throat felt good after some water went down.

"I feel a lot better. How long was I out?" I asked, as Adrian stroked my hair. I'm sure it probably looked like a bird's nest.

"For a few hours. I brought you here and Doc gave you a drip with some glucose. Your energy levels were low. Didn't you eat?" he said, with a frown.

"No. I was about to eat but I felt sick." I explained.

"That would explain your lack of energy." Doc said. He walked up to me and checked the machines before looking back at Adrian. "Alpha, the Luna is fine. You can take her home. Would you like me to leave so you can give her the news yourself?" he said. Adrian nodded and Doc smiled at me, before walking out. What news was he talking about? Adrian leaned down and kissed my forehead and held my hands.

"Princess. There's something I need to tell you." he said. I looked up at him, in confusion.

"What is it?"

"You're four weeks pregnant Skylar. We're having twins." he said. I felt my eyes tear up and I smiled up at him.

"Are you happy?" I asked him. I didn't want the pregnancy to be a shock and something he didn't want. He looked at me as if I'd grown three heads.

"Of course I'm happy, Skylar! I feel like the happiest man on Earth. I'm having children with the love of my life. Of course I'm happy. You'll make a perfect mother." he exclaimed, before capturing my lips in his. His hands went to my stomach, beneath the hospital gown and he massaged the skin where our babies were on the other side. I felt tears of happiness fall from my eyes. I was going to be a mother. Werewolf pregnancies were faster than the usual human pregnancy, but the offspring of an Alpha and Luna developed really fast. Mom used to tell me about when she was pregnant with me; that her and dad found out when she was a month pregnant and less than two months later I was born. I put my hands above Adrian's and leaned my head against his and smiled. My own little family.

Skylar and Adrian are having twins!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, my loves <3