4 | rogues and doctors

I had finished cleaning myself up and was drinking water when I caught a few unfamiliar scents. I grew alert and stood up tall as I looked around quickly. I recognised the smell instantly as rogues. Walking towards the trees, I spotted a big, dark, almost black wolf emerge from my left, with blood red eyes. It looked at me in the same way I looked at the deer not too long ago. It was slightly smaller than me, so I could easily fight it.

We walked around in a circle, waiting for the other to attack. I looked at the way it moved and assessed its weaknesses. It tried to attack me, but I was faster and caught it's right leg between my teeth. I bit hard, enough to draw blood and reveal flesh. The rogue howled in pain and struggled against me in a futile attempt to loosen my grip. It scratched against me and managed to get a deep cut on my lower stomach and blood began pouring out of it, turning the grass below me a dark red colour. He threw me against a tree and snarled at me, blood dripping from its sharp teeth. My head hit the bark hard and my vision blurred.

I quickly mind linked my dad and alerted him of the situation "A rogue attacked me near the lake on the left of the training fields. I'm handling it but I can smell that there are multiple rogues hiding."

While I wasn't paying attention, the rogue can't closer and managed to get a bite on my upper arm. I was faster, so I threw it off me before it could get too deep.

It jumped back up and caught me off guard, biting into my already wounded stomach. This rogue was very fast. It had definitely been training for a long time. I clenched my teeth in pain, suppressing a howl of pain, as I hit it with my claws and it fell onto the floor. I jumped onto him and held him down with my arms and bit deeper and deeper into his neck in anger, until it became limp. It wasn't dead, not yet. Dad taught us to never kill the rogues, weaken them, enough so they can't attack so we can take them to the basement, for questioning.

"Look out Sky!" I heard dad shout, as I turned around in time to dodge another rogue. Its claw just about missed my neck. Dad went to handle the rogue I had just fought with. I saw Blake, Liam, Chris, Andrew and some of the pack warriors fighting with some other rogues that I didn't realise had joined us.

This one was slightly smaller than the other one. I jumped onto it and held it down on the ground and looked at it with such an angry look, I'm sure I saw it visibly cower. The rogue was determined as it scratched against my stomach wound. It stung and the rogue knew it. I bit down onto it's neck and pulled it to a standing position. I scratched and bit at it until it became a lot weaker in my hold, eventually becoming limp.

I looked around and saw the others still fighting the rogues. There were about eight in total and they were outnumbered by us. I walked to the tree that had my clothes and shifted back, changing back into my clothes. Looking down at my exposed stomach, I noticed the deep cut on my lower stomach that was continuously bleeding. My left arm had a scratch that wasn't deep but still stung and bled. The back of my head ached from where I'd banged it against the tree.

My sight blurred slightly as the pain increased. Although I had a high pain tolerance and my healing was very quick, both rogues managed to scratch deep and I was losing a lot of blood. I fell back against the tree as I was finding it harder to stand up. I forced my eyes open and saw Blake running towards me, his eyes frantic.

"Sky, I've got you. Don't close your eyes!" he shouted urgently as his eyes checked my body and widened upon noticing my wounds.

He picked me up in his arms and ran to the pack infirmary, while the others took the rogues to the basement. I looked around at the trees and sky as it all blended together. I managed to keep my eyes open, but didn't know how much longer I could stay awake.

As he placed me on the infirmary bed, I heard him urgently shout "Doctor! I need you, it's Sky. She's hurt. Hurry!"

He then looked down at me and put some loose hair behind my ear, "I'll be here, waiting for you." I smiled up at him, in too much pain to say anything.

Within a few seconds, Doctor Matthews ran in with some nurses and they all started attending to my wounds. I closed my eyes, but not before seeing Blake's green eyes wide with worry as he held onto my hand.

"It's okay. Miss Skylar will be okay." I heard Doctor Matthews reassure him, before I drifted off into a deep sleep where I could no longer feel the pain.

——

I woke up to bright lights as I looked up to see a white ceiling. I looked around and noticed I was in the infirmary. Mom was sitting next to me and as soon as she noticed I was awake, she gave me a glass of water which I gratefully drank quickly.

"How are you honey?" she asked, worriedly. Her eyes looked tired and I knew she must have been here for a while.

"I'm okay mom, how long have I been here?" My voice was scratchy and hoarse, from being unconscious for so long.

"It's almost 10 at night sweetheart, you were asleep for most of the day. Blake, Jess and your dad are waiting outside. I'll go call them in" she replied as she smiled at me and walked out. I had slept throughout the whole afternoon and evening.

I looked down to see my stomach was bandaged and so was my arm. The pain had decreased to a continuous buzz and it was bearable unless I moved. The wounds must have healed a lot; I guess that's a perk of being an Alpha's daughter.

"Oh my gosh, Sky! Are you okay? I was so worried" Jess rambled as she ran into the room, followed by Blake, my dad and my mom. They all looked so tired and my heart warmed at the fact that they had all been here, waiting for me to wake up.

"I'm okay guys, don't worry about me" I said and smiled at them, reassuringly.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry about the attack, I have no idea how those rogues managed to get in through the tight security. All the rogues are in the basement, ready for questioning in the morning" my dad said with a frown and his eyebrows furrowed, no doubt thinking about the questioning.

"It's okay dad, you don't need to apologise. I handled it just fine." I said as my dad chuckled and said "Yes, you did and I'm so proud of you"

"So am I. You fought so well." Blake added and gave me a wink.

"Aww, thanks guys" I replied with a grin.

Doctor Matthews walked in, "It's good to see you're awake, Miss Skylar" he smiled at me and checked my injuries, "you can go home now but you need to rest until you've fully healed" the last part aimed at my parents. They nodded and assured him that I would be resting.

Blake and my dad helped me up and took me to the pack house which was a two minute walk away. As soon as I got home, I had to rest in bed and mom brought dinner to my room. Jess and Blake stayed for a while longer then both left at around 1am.

After eating dinner, I lay in bed and couldn't help but wonder why the rogues came to attack our pack and why they attacked me specifically. It was as if they planned to attack when I was on my own. By the look in the rogue's eyes and it's determination, I could tell he wanted to kill me. But why me? Was it because I was the Alpha's daughter or was there another reason? Getting lost in thoughts about the attack, I fell asleep dreaming about those evil, bright, red eyes.

Why do you think the rogues attacked her? Read on to find out!!