10 | infirmaries and packing

I woke up to the beeping of machines and looked around to see I was in the infirmary. I could no longer feel any pain on my back - the stab wound must have healed.

"Miss Skylar, it's good to see you're awake" Doctor Matthews said, as he walked in to the room with my parents following him.

My mom came over to me and offered me a glass of water, which I drank quickly. "How long was I out for" I questioned her.

She looked at my dad then looked back at me unsure before replying, "Five days"

"What?!" I shouted, as I sat up in bed. How had I been unconscious for that long?

"You were stabbed with a lot of silver, Skylar. It went in deep and spread around most of your body" Sapphire told me through our bond.

"I'm surprised you're awake already, most werewolves would be unconscious for weeks if they had that much silver in their body. Your wounds have healed and you're free to go home whenever you're ready" Doctor Matthews explained, with a smile.

"What about the meeting?" I asked as I looked at my dad.

"I held the meeting on the same day you were attacked, during the evening. I managed to successfully form a strong alliance with the other Alphas. The rogues will never win" my dad answered, as he gave me a smile and ruffled my hair.

My parents took me home and I went to my bedroom to have a much needed shower. I stripped from the hospital gown and scrubbed my body clean, as memories of my mate's bright, brown eyes entered my mind. I was still in shock that my mate was the Alpha of the BloodMoon pack.

I finished off my shower and got changed in a pair of black joggers and a grey cropped hoodie, that said "NOT IN THE MOOD"

I dried my hair and left it open to naturally dry.

"Skylar can you meet me in my office?" my dad said through mind link.

"On my way dad" I replied.

I walked in to his office to see him seated behind his desk, looking through some paperwork. I sat down on one of the chairs, "Yes, dad?"

"Skylar, your mate is the Alpha of the BloodMoon pack" he told me, thinking I didn't already know.

"I know, dad"

His eyes widened slightly, before he carried on, "He has been staying in the guest room upstairs, since the meeting. He demanded for me to let him stay here until you woke up".

I was lost for words after hearing this. Why did he want to wait for me to wake up? Did he expect me to go with him to his pack? My mind swirled with all these questions.

My attention snapped to the door, when there was a knock. "Come in" my dad said.

I knew who it was before the door opened. I turned around to see Adrian walk in, his eyes locked on me. His dark brown hair was messy, as if he'd been raking his hands through it. He looked tired, but still managed to look so gorgeous. I looked away from him before he'd realise I was checking him out, but from the smirk on his face I knew he'd caught me. How can such an evil man be so beautiful?

"Adrian, come sit down" my dad said, as my mate obeyed and sat on the chair beside me. His scent filled my senses and I took a deep breath in, calming my nerves.

"I came here to let you know that I will be taking Skylar with me to my pack tomorrow afternoon" he said as my mouth dropped open, in shock.

"I am not going anywhere with you. This is my pack and my home!" I said as I stood up.

"You are my mate and the Luna of the BloodMoon pack. That is your pack and home now" he responded, with an emotionless face.

I looked to my dad but he had a sad expression on his face. I couldn't believe this. I didn't want to leave my home and family.

I ran out of my dad's office, slamming the door behind me. Sapphire was eager to come out, so I left the pack house and shifted, tying my clothes to my leg. I ran around for a few hours, trying to calm my anger.

I loved running because it took my mind off my problems temporarily. As I slowed down, I heard a branch snap to my right and looked to see a giant, brown wolf with beautiful, blue eyes. I immediately recognised him.

Sapphire was yearning to be closer to her mate, but I forced her to walk the other way. As his wolf followed me, I increased my speed and began running away from him, while he chased me. He growled. Looks like the big bad Alpha didn't like chasing after people.

We ran around, until he managed to catch up to me and pushed my wolf to the side, not enough to hurt me. I fell on to the floor and he nudged my wolf with his snout. Sapphire loved the physical touch and purred with lust, moving closer to his touch.

"Shift" he said with his Alpha voice and I obeyed.

As I shifted back, I covered my body as best I could, "Close your eyes" I said and he chuckled before closing his eyes. While his eyes were closed, I untied my clothes from my leg and quickly changed. "You can look now" I said, as I leaned against the tree and folded my hands against my chest.

He looked down at my chest for a few seconds before he looked up at me, "Look Skylar, you're my mate so you have to come with me to my pack tomorrow"

"No!" I shouted back, "we've known eachother for a few days and you expect me to leave my family, my friends, my pack for you" I snapped in anger, as all the rumours about him and his pack filled my mind.

"Enough" he growled, "you are coming with me whether you like it or not and that's final. I'm not asking you, I'm ordering you. Next time you show disrespect, you will be punished. I've put up with enough of your attitude, pup" His eyes held so much anger and I could feel Sapphire's hurt from being called pup.

I turned on my heels and walked back to the pack house, as tears threatened to fall.

I went straight up to my bedroom, not in the mood to speak to anyone, and started packing my things. My door opened and Jess and Blake bursted in and crushed me in a group hug.

"I can't believe you're leaving, Alexander told us you found your mate and you're leaving tomorrow," Jess said as she let go, with tears in her eyes. "I'll miss you so much Sky", Blake said, sadly and he tightened his hold on me.

"I'll miss you more guys, now can you help me pack", I said with a sad smile. Blake held me for a few more seconds before letting me go.

We packed all my belongings and after we were done, sat on my bed. I looked around at my empty room, sadly.

"Kids, come have dinner" Emily said, as she came into my room. She had a sad smile and I knew mom had told her that I was leaving. She gave me a tight hug and we walked downstairs.

Everyone sat down at the table, including Adrian and began eating. I was sat between Jess and Blake and Adrian was sat opposite me. He kept trying to catch my attention, during dinner but I kept looking away. I was beyond angry with him. How dare he speak to me like that?

While I was eating, Blake placed his hand on my knee, catching my attention. I looked at him and he smiled at me reassuringly, catching on to my sadness. I felt Adrian's gaze on me and looked up to see him looking angrily between me and Blake. I quickly moved away from Blake, slightly, not wanting Adrian to make a scene.

We finished dinner and Jess and Blake followed me up to my bedroom. I wanted to spend my last night here with them. We watched a few movies then started talking about our childhood memories, before falling asleep sometime after midnight.

A longer chapter for you guys. Hope you liked it. Skylar will be going to BloodMoon pack tomorrow...