Introductions - Luna

"Your assignment is to follow an expert here at the Australian Zoo around. Base your ideas and concept of art off of that particular expert. You will be given eight tasks. And as per usual those eight tasks will be broken down into their individual parts. There will be theory. In order to complete the practical you must complete the theory first. Do not cut corners, because unlike other assignments, all the themes will be outlined in the theory and the questions. You may use whatever medium you desire, that does include digital. You will be spending two years here. So I suggest making yourself comfortable. You should be able to complete four tasks in one year and the other four in the next. Pace yourself out, add detail, shadows and highlights. Don't go too overboard with your colours. And make several copies of your idea. Remember: before every final product comes at least five pages of theory that is as well as written, drawn. Don't be afraid of coming up with different concepts. And use different materials. Show your analysing skills and your ability to create a story through the design." The professor told us. Shade wrote all the "instructions" down. Even though it was on our assignment outline papers. Can the professor just skip to who we will be working with? And let us board our plane? "Luna you will be working with Robert Irwin. Shade will be working with Chandler Powell and Miles will be working with Bindi Irwin. Now board your flight discuss with each other about the assignment because it is long. Good luck students." Professor said and gave us the final wave goodbye. We waved back at him. "Hey Luna! Ready to be working with Robert Irwin in the crocodile enclosure?" Shade asked me. "I'm not afraid of crocodiles. Your forgetting I used to live in Australia until I got into this art academy." I told Shade with confidence. To be completely honest, crocodiles do scare me but I feel like if I let myself be free I might just live. "Anyways at least Shade and I will be working together. And maybe sometimes I'll be with you Luna." Miles said and nudges Shade as he says that he'll be working with him. "Don't get too cocky. Remember professor said that in order for us to succeed we will have to do the theory first and base out ideas off of the theory as well as OUR expert. You can't just copy Shade this time round." I said to Miles as he sits back in to his seat. "Okay, okay you two. Let's go over the assignment together." Shade says as he pulls out the massive booklet that the professor gave to us.

• • • Plane Lands • • •

"Okay so we all agree that if we get stuck,
we will ask each other?" I said waiting for their heads to nod in agreement. And they did as I predicted. "Ready for the Australia Zoo boys?" I ask Shade and Miles with a smirk on my face. *gulp* "I think so." Miles said after he gulps so loud that I can hear it. "Wow I forgot how bright your hair gets in sunshine Luna. It might just scare Robert off." Shade jokes around and I playfully punch him in the arm. "Shut up you punk." I say back. We finally arrive at the Australian Zoo. "Three." I say. "Two." Shade counts down. "One." Miles hits the last number and we walk into the Zoo. "Is it just me or are you guys feeling inspired already?" Shade says as we wander through the Zoo in amazement. "It's not just you dude." Miles replied back with big wide eyes. "This place is beautiful. When I used to live in Australia I never went to the Australian Zoo." I say back. "G'day mates! You three must be the artist students." A young man says coming towards our direction. "The names Robert. Robert Irwin. Come with me and I'll show you to your quarters." Robert says holding out his hand for a hand shake. We all shake his hand and introduce ourselves to him. "Ah Luna! Your my artist right?" Robert asks me. "Y-yeah I am!" I say and stutter my words not realising that I'm staring directly into his eyes and not paying attention. "Well its nice to meet you! Two years here? For an assignment, you say?" Robert asks in complete shock. "Yeah our professor is know ln for sending his students away for the first four years. Even though most of us including her, had to fly there just for the academy. We've been to England. It was interesting is all I can say. She was following a English foodie girl. While Miles and I decided to follow around a YouTube star." Shade said as he caught up with Robert. "That's sound pretty cool." Robert says and turns to look at me.