Silent work - Luna & Shade

• Luna •
"So we've all been told by our professor that for our final assignment of our end of first semester project has to be silent. We can't tell anyone about what we plan to do or what it's about." I tell everyone in the kitchen. "Depending on our choice of media, we'll be doing it in we will either be working in our own quarters or in a different section and you won't be allowed to be in there. Only Luna and Miles can be in mine. Same goes for them." Shade adds on. "You'll see us in the morning, at night and at some shows so we can get some ideas. But you are not allowed to be in our areas. Only  Terri will be allowed in them." Miles says lastly. We look at our experts and they all look sad. "It's only for a few weeks." I say to break the silence. "Yea okay, so we won't be able to see your art works?" Bindi asks. "Not our main one. But you get to see two of five of them." Miles answers. "We can share what those two will be, but only to a different expert. So I'll be explaining my designs to Robert, Miles will be explaining his with Chandler and Luna will be explaining hers to Bindi. I know it seems weird but we had to do it with the last lot of experts as well." Shade explains to them all. "But our mum will be the only one that can see all five of the artworks?" Bindi asks for clarification. "Yes. Only she can see all five of the artworks from each of us." Miles answers to help clear things up. "Oh and don't forget to mention that when the opposite expert views the artworks they can not reveal what they are." I say almost forgetting a really important factor. "Well I guess we should get to it. Get started like right now." Miles says as he walks away slowly and clapping his hands for us to follow. Shade and I walk into Miles' room and start with out concept art.

• Shade •
So we all headed into Miles' room to do our concept artworks. And man there was so many pieces of paper. "I hate doing all these concept pieces. We waste so much paper and there's only one part they really look at. And that's the black & white and the coloured pieces of our drawings along with their annotations." Miles says with anger in his voice. He really doesn't like to waste paper or anything really so I understand what's going through his head right now. "I know Miles. I don't like wasting this much either. Maybe as one of our ideas we should make recycled paper and use that as one of our media choices." Luna suggests. Miles and I nod. "That's a great idea Luna!!" Miles says all enthusiastically. As we finish off our theory, we start our concepts. First with a super rough draft. Like a light sketch of some ideas we have in our heads. Then we build those ideas into more noticeable ideas/objects. We annotate these was we go. For third part we start our mood boards. Sorta like choosing our colour palette for that particular theme. I usually go off the vibes I'm feeling for that particular design. And then as we narrow it down we move onto the last two parts. The black and white version of the design (with annotations of course) and then finally the coloured design. And now we have to do all that again for the next four designs. "Geez this is going to take forever." Miles complains as he massages his head in frustration. "You said that in England too. No you actually say that every time it's time for our end of semester projects. Now stop complaining. I'll help you if you need it." Luna says and then offers some help for him. "Sometimes he can be annoyingly funny. But every time it's time for end of semester projects, it's just annoying." I think to myself.