1.

The seventeen year old girl stood there, flowers clutched in her hand, a frown evident on her face wondering what the hell she was doing there in the first place. "I'm here to catch a rat" she reminded taking a deep breath as she stepped into the building.

Her boyfriend Rodney had ditched her five minutes to their date. He was supposed to pick her up by five instead he sent her a text at 4:55 informing her he wouldn't be able to make that something important came up. Leaving her in the dark to wonder what that something important was.

She was mad, furious. She'd spent so much planning this date. She'd gone shopping, something she hated more than anything. Spent thousands on the dress she was putting on right now. Even went as far as getting him flowers. Only for him to ditch her without a proper explanation.

So now to how she got here. About thirty seconds after she got Rodney's text she received another one from an unknown number. It read "wanna know where your boyfriend is baby doll? Then come to this address. Rodney's gonna get his shit beat today, hurry up if you wanna save him" and there was an address below.

In full panick mode she'd grabbed the closest things to next to her. The flowers and her car keys. Bolting out of the house to the address she received. Only when she got there did she realize it could be a trap. But what if it wasn't and Rodney was really in danger? She wouldn't forgive herself knowing something bad happened to him and she could've stopped it.

The minute she stepped in she was hit a very irritating smell and the loud cheers of people. The place was packed with people, sweating hard and cheering hard. Great how was she supposed to find Rodney or whoever sent that text amongst this crowd.

There were cans and bottles littered everywhere. The smell of sulphur filled the air. There were posters on the wall, of a female in nothing but a bra and shorts. A small stand could be seen on the left side with people queueing. Two men sat in front scribbling down something as they collected money whoever was standing in the front and called for the next person. Two men on the queue were involved in an argument and suddenly the one in black had grabbed the one putting on a navy blue shirt by his collar and threw a punch that landed exactly on his face. Soon it turned into a fight and no one bothered to separate them as they moved away from them and formed a new queue. Must be a normal occurrence to them the seventeen year old thought.

Taking a step further two men appeared in front of her and blocked her way. "Who are you and what do you want?" Asked the first one. "You don't look like you belong here" added the second once after scanning her from head to toe.

They were right, she didn't belong here this place looked like a place for thugs. And she was no thug, neither was Rodney but she needed to find out if he was here or not. The text had said he was here, and he was going to get his ass beat and she needed to stop that.

"I'm here to find Rodney" she gathered confidence and replied looking at the both of them "I'm his girl" she felt the need to add the last part as they gave her weird looks.

Looking at each other for a second they nodded and let her pass they knew who Rodney was? How? The text must've been true then. "be careful" one of them called out as she walked away "you don't wanna ruin your dress now do you?" His voice filled with taunt "Rodney wouldn't like that."

For a second she considered giving him the middle finger but she decided against it. She needed to find Rodney first, she couldn't get in trouble before that.

On getting to where the people were gathered she couldn't see a thing. She was barely 5'2 ft tall. "So much for being short" she hissed. She decided to get in front of the crowd maybe then she could see what they were cheering at. She began muttering "excuse me" "sorry" as she made her way to the front.