8.

Alexis got out of her car and headed towards Heather "why are you-?"

"I came to apologise" Heather said as if knowing what she was about to ask.

"Oh" Alexis face broke into a frown "it's okay I shouldn't be here" she turned towards her car.

"I like you" Heather's voice made her stop dead in her tracks.

"What?" Alexis turned to face her.

"I like you Alexis" she repeated this time adding her name.

"But I was going to do that" Alexis said to herself but Heather heard her. "Do what?" She asked.

"The confession" she replied "I was going to do it first it's why I came here"

"And I acted like a total bitch" Heather sighed looking down.

"Yeah you did" Alexis said "tell me why did you act that way? Did my presence annoy you at time?"

"No I just-" she paused looking for the right words "had a bad day, seeing you made me remember everything but I swear it's nothing related to you, I just-"

"It's okay" Alexis cut her off, watching her trying explain herself made her happy, a smile found it's way to her face, she found herself forgiving her in no time. "I won't think about it" she assured.

"Do you want to go inside?" Heather asked and she found herself nodding "sure" without hesitating Heather took her hand and dragged her inside. Alexis felt an electric spark through her body the second Heather held her hand and she smiled like a three year old. The butterflies were coming back.

She was sat down inside the ring and Alexis found herself looking around. There were not much people here today compared to yesterday, this place was empty.

"It's because there are no fights for today, they've been rescheduled for tomorrow" Heather said from behind as if reading Alexis thoughts. She jumped inside the ring and passed Alexis a bottle of coke. None alcoholic just like she'd requested.

Alexis wanted to ask why but decided not to, it wasn't her business anyway.

"Do you work here?" She took a swig from her drink and looked at Heather who was trying to light a cigarette.

"Yeah" she nodded before going back to light her cigarette.

"I'm sorry I can't stand the smell of that" Alexis shook her head in disapproval pointing at the cigarette.

"It's okay" Heather chuckled and placed both the cigarette and lighter down focusing on Alexis.

"Why do you do what you do?" Alexis suddenly asked and Heather smiled. She'd been expecting that question for long.

"Because it gives me money" she simply replied.

"Is that all?" Alexis asked not fully convinced with her answer.

"That's all"

"How old are you?"

"19"

"When did you start engaging in illegal fights?"

"When I was 15"

"Why?"

"Like I said, because it gave money and my brother needed to eat."

Alexis paused at her answer, it was not the answer she was expecting. She was doing it for her brother, it was rare.

She took a swig from her drink as she felt the tension in the air thicken. She pretended as she couldn't feel it. There was more to Heather than she let on she could feel it.

"My turn" Heather broke the silence and the tension disappeared

"How old are you?" She asked

"17" Alexis answered truthfully

"A minor" her face broke into a frown

"I'll be 18 in a few days" Alexis added and the frown was gone and it was replaced with a smile. "Should've said that earlier"

"Why do you like me?"

Alexis suddenly paused like she hadn't expected that question because honestly she didn't.

"Because you're pretty" her voice came out shaky. Heather's face was hard as stone and Alexis was unable to read her expression. She didn't move or say anything which meant she didn't buy her reply.

Alexis took a deep breath and decided to try again

"Because you make me feel things I can't explain"

Falling For Heather |✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें