12.

The next day in school Alexis tried to avoid her two friends as much as possible. She just had a feeling they were going to know something was up the minute they laid their eyes on her and she wasn't ready to provide them with answers.

The minute the bell went off she bolted out of the class as fast as she could only to have her way blocked by the same two people she'd been avoiding.

"Sally, Jene hey" she chuckled nervously

"You've been avoiding us Alexis. Why?" Sally asked hands folded, same as Jene

"I wasn't- I've just been-"

"Is that a hickey on your neck?!" Jene pointed at the bite mark she had no idea was there in the first place.

"Did you make up with Rodney?" Sally asked excitedly "did you?"

Alexis felt anger build up in her but she tried to suppress it "that cheating bastard, why would I get back together with him?"

"Then who gave you the hickey?" Jene pressed

"Anyone apart from Rodney"

"Who-"

"You don't know her Jesus leave me alone!" Alexis screamed almost pulling out her hair.

Sally's face broke into a frown and she took a step forward "you're seeing a girl?"

"Well we're not official yet but we're on our way to it" Alexis replied

"Wow Alexis I didn't know you were into girls" Jene teased. Something about the way she said it made Alexis want to punch her in the face. "Me either" she simply replied.

"It's been merely two days since your breakup with Rodney and you're seeing someone else already?" Sally asked in disbelief and Alexis shrugged "it kind of happened"

"You know I think I kind of know what happened now, Rodney probably caught you with your new bitch and-"

"Don't you dare Sally" Alexis warned but she ignored her and continued "he broke up with you and you twisted the story and lied to us saying he cheated when you're the one who cheated because I don't see how you can get over someone you dated for two years in two days. No wonder you didn't look heart broken the next day, you were smiling to yourself it was weird I knew something was up. And when you told us he cheated I didn't believe it because Rodney would never. You're just a liar and cheater. Have fun with your new girlfriend" she then turned around and looked at Jene "let's get out of here Jene" and they both walked away.

Alexis watched them walk away as she suppressed the urge of ripping Sally's head off. She's just a bitch, don't let her get to you. You didn't do anything wrong.

"I can't believe I thought they were my friends" she sighed leaning behind the wall. Then her phone vibrated in her pocket and she brought it out and looked at the screen.

"I'm in front of your school baby doll, come outside" it was Heather.

Not believing what she just read Alexis ran outside looking around for Heather as she felt her heart beat in excitement.

"Over here baby doll!" She heard someone shout and she turned around and saw Heather leaning on her bike close to a tree.

Running over to where she was Heather welcomed her with a hug and the minute she pulled away from the hug she slammed her lips on Heather's, pulling her hair as the deepened the kiss.

From the corner of her eyes she saw Jene pointing at them, saying something to Sally and Sally shaking her head in disbelief.

She closed her eyes and shut them out, shut the rest of the world out. To hell with what they thought, Heather was her's, their opinion was going to change anything.