16.

Alexis watched Heather leave that night, she'd sat in her car for minutes expecting Heather to knock on her window or jump in front of her car and tell her it was all a joke but nothing.

What did she do so wrong to make Heather lash out at her that way, she couldn't think of anything, she simply wanted to help. She didn't want to ever see her get beat up again. She didn't want her to fight for a living. She wanted her to lean on her. Was that wrong?

She'd drove home that night in silence, she'd promised herself she wasn't going to cry anymore. No more tears but her walls went crashing when it began to pour down heavily. Somehow she felt the rain represented her tears. Whoever was up there could feel her sadness. The rain was a sign to let it out, to not hold back. And trust me she didn't.

She cried all the way home and cried herself to sleep that night with the same words repeating in her head. It ended even before it began.

Two days later.

Alexis let out a loud yawn as she got off from her bed. She checked her phone.

No messages

No missed calls

Heather hadn't even bothered to contact her the last few days. She'd be lying if she said she was okay. Regardless of the fact that she lashed out at her, she wanted to see her, hold her, go driving with her while screaming her lungs out on her bike. But apparently Heather didn't want her, her action the other day had proved it and she wasn't one to stay where she wasn't wanted, though she was finding it hard to let go.

She strolled to the dinning to eat her already prepared breakfast probably by Marianne or one of the maids when she heard the door bell go off.

"I'll get it" Janet shouted rushing out from the kitchen drying her wet hands on her apron.

Alexis simply nodded, she was not in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Someone is here for you Alexis" Janet announced causing Alexis to drop her sandwich and look up.

Heather

It couldn't be Heather much to her disappointment, Heather didn't know where she lived.

She stood up and strolled to the door not bothering to ask who. Whoever it was they better have a good reason for ringing her door bell this early.

Standing behind the door was Rodney holding some ugly flowers while practicing his apology speech.

"Alexis I'm sorry I didn't mean to- no that doesn't sound right. I'm sorry baby I was Bewitched- still doesn't sound right either. I'm-"

Alexis cleared her throat to make him aware of her presence, she was tired of hearing him practice his lame excuses thinking it was going to work on her.

He jumped up almost screaming "shit Alexis! You could've made a sound or something."

"What do you want Rodney?"

"Happy birthday" he brought the flowers forward motioning for her to accept it.

"Oh it's my birthday" a sad smile found it's way to her lips, she hadn't realized that. She forgot her own birthday.

"I'm not accepting those flowers they're ugly as hell"

He brought down the flowers and gave her a weak smile "I'll go get new ones then" he turned to leave.

"Rodney what do you want?" She asked again and he turned around to look at her.

It was then she noticed the bruises on him, his mouth was swollen, there was a cut down his cheek and his head was bandaged. She couldn't help but wonder what happened that day.

"I'm here to apologise-"

"Save it" she cut him off

"Alexis I know i-"

"Save it Rodney! Are you deaf?"

"I just couldn't resist her" he sighed in defeat and Alexis relaxed on hearing those words.

"I couldn't either" she said bitterly

"What?" Rodney's head snapped up

"Leave" and she pushed him outside and shut the door on his face while proceeding to fall to her knees and bury her face in her palms.