109.

jinyoung held his best friend in his arms, they were on the floor of their practice room right now, at 8:24pm. they had been practicing for their next comeback all day and they were absolutely exhausted.

to add to this, jaebeom was sobbing into jinyoungs chest. it was probably a mix of things that caused his little breakdown. he had a tendency to bottle up all of his emotions so he could do his best for the fans.

a few things that could've lead up to thus are: he was being overworked by the company, they'd been practicing all day, the fans were being very pushy and touchy that day when they saw them, and his crush for years is dating one of best friends.

it had been a really rough week for jaebeom, and jinyoung wanted to help but he just didn't know how to. so he just held him, and let him cry into his chest. he was also rubbing his back, hoping that it would soothe him a little bit.

"beom, please stop crying. take a deep breath and try to calm down, okay?" jinyoung said softly, moving his hand to brush his fingers through the older boys long hair. jaebeom nodded and tried to breathe, but sobs continued to come out and choke him.

"i'm s-sorry." jinyoung quickly shakes his head, holding jaebeom even closer to him, he had absolutely no reason to apologize. he'd done nothing wrong.

"don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong." at this point jinyoung was stroking jaebeoms head, whrn there was a loud knock on the practice rooms door, which made jaebeom jump a little bit.

"hey jiny- oh my god, jaebeom hyung are you okay?" the familiar voice made him start sobbing even more. youngjae gave jinyoung a concerned look, but jinyoung simply looked away and continued comforting his best friend.

"he's fine, he's just stressed." jinyoung said, youngjae looked sceptical but nodded anyways. he tried to rub jaebeoms back, but the oldest just moved away from the touch. this obviously made him a little sad, because usually they were really close.

"p-please go away. i just w-want jinyoung." youngjae frowns at this, had he done something wrong? did he upset jaebeom somehow? was he the reason he was sobbing so hard right now?

"i'm sorry did i do something wrong? are you mad at me?" youngjae questioned, jinyoung immediately sighed and whispered something to jaebeom, who only started sobbing even more.

"please just leave youngjae. it's nothing personal he just doesn't want a lot of people seeing him right now." jinyoung says gently, giving a small smile to the boy who gave him a weird look.

"i'm his best friend too, it's not like i'm bothering him?" youngjae says this, and for some reason he's annoying jinyoung. why can't he just go away, he's the reason jaebeom is crying, even though it's not really youngjae's fault.

"i'm sta-" "just go away youngjae! you are the reason he's crying okay? he doesn't want you here so leave!" youngjae jumps at the way jinyoung yells at him. he knows he's just trying to protect jaebeom, but it still hurts him.

"wait, jaebeom is that true? am i the reason you're crying?" the oldest tries to stop sobbing for a second so he can respond, but it's hard when his best friends are yelling at each other because of him.

since he can't really speak without sounding dumb, he just nods, trying to calm himself down still. youngjae looks hurt, and rightfully so.

"why? what did i do?" jinyoung kisses the top of jaebeom's head, whispering nice things to him and helping him get his breathing under control. youngjae though that their friendship was absolutely precious.

"you're dating mark." "yeah? what does that have to do with anything." "oh my god youngjae, you're so oblivious." the youngest looks incredibly confused, and it doesn't seem like he's starting to understand at all.

"my god, i like you youngjae. i've liked you for years. i tried to tell you so many times but it was just so scary, and because of that i've lost you. i'm happy for you, i am, but i just can't help but feel heartbroken. you're not the only reason i'm crying though, everything has just been so overwhelming recently. this isn't your fault." youngjae looked shocked, and all he can say is one word.

"oh."

by the end of writing this chapter, i literally started hating it. i'm sorry it's bad but 😓😓 i needed to update.