Pilot 1.2

Hurricane Agatha was heading straight towards us. I was with John B as we were looking at the news. "I need to call DCS" John B said as we went outside. The alarms were blaring and the wind was blowing really hard.

"Why?" I asked as we stopped outside on the porch of the bar we were in. "Because they can't come today. I mean would they really want to lose people to a hurricane just because they wanted to do an assessment on some kid." John B said sarcastically as he typed the numbers of the DCS in his phone.

"Yeah, uh... I think we're probably gonna have to reschedule." John B said while smiling at me. He went on for about five minutes on how he doesn't want anyone to lose his life and that he will survive.

~☆~

We were currently driving to the beach in the bus. " Just so you know I'm scared shitless to surf today but I want some adrenaline. Also John B if I die you're gonna have to deal with my brother" I said to John B who was driving. "Don't worry darlin', I'll take good care of you" John B said really badly faking a british accent while smirking at me. "Oh, but darlin' you don't even know how to take care of yourself but you plan on taking care of me." I said smiling and hitting the back of his head as we arrived at the beach.

I went to go out of the bus but when I turned around I saw JJ looking at me with an emotion I can't read. When he saw I noticed he shook his head and walked to the beach with his board. I wonder what's all that about.

Kiara couldn't make it today. Her dad wouldn't let her out seeing the weather outside is horrendous and she had to help him with The Wreck.

When we got to the beach with our boards, I was scared out of my skin. Those waves looked deadly and not something to play around with.
"Those aren't surfable waves, bro" Pope said with worry in his eyes. "Says who" John B said while laughing and running of into the ocean. JJ looked at the waves and then at me and Pope. "I'm not going" Pope and JJ said at the same time. I looked at them, took of my clothes and started running towards the sea while yelling "PUSSIES!".

While I swam towards John B I couldn't help but feel someones eyes on me. I turned my head and looked at the beach. I saw JJ looking really worried and scarred for me. But he couldn't have been... Right?

I turned my head around as I saw John B waving his hand for me to come towards him. We surfed a few minutes before I noticed a boat in the water. I turned and saw that John B was seeing the same thing. Why would there be a boat in the middle of a hurricane?

"Let's go back!" John B shouted as he started to swim back. "Okay... Coming" I said still looking at the boat. When we made it to the shore I was cold and shaking. I walked back to the bus with John B, our boards in our hands. I was trembling at the cold. Rain was also pouring so that didn't help.

When we packed our boards we went in the bus. I got in the back where Pope and JJ were sitting. JJ must've noticed that I was trembling as he quickly shuffled on his feet, trying to find a towel. Once he found one, he quickly got to me and wrapped the towel around me.

"You okay?" He asked looking really worried. "Yeah, I am just really cold" I answered truthfully still trembling. JJ walked closer and hugged me, rubbing my shoulders, trying to keep me warmer.

"You didn't give me a towel nor did you give me hugs. You're so nice!" John B said as he started the bus, looking at us in the rear-view mirror. JJ let me go and went to take a seat. I also sat down in the passengers seat and I turned on the heat. Let me tell you, going surfing while a hurricane is happening? Not smart. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to wake up tomorrow with a cold.

~☆~

I woke up on the pull-out couch/bed, I don't even know what it is, next to JJ. My head is thumping and hurting really bad. I sat up and went to the kitchen to get a painkiller and a glass of water. I was only wearing short shorts and a sports bra. What? I sleep in that. As I downed the glass of water I heard groaning from the couch. "How are you, this fine morning sir?" I said in a fake british accent while sitting down next to him. "I'm fine m'lady." He answered while turning around on the bed so that he's laying on his back. He opened his eyes slightly and smiled looking at me. I smile as he put his head on my lap. I started to play with his hair and I soon noticed that he fell asleep again. I smiled looking down at him as I heard John B walking down the towards us.